NEW Vpad+ is released today!

uh original VPAD?:confused:

VPAD is earlier since January that mean VPAD 4000 without built-in wifi
VPAD+ is lastest since November that mean VPAD 5000 with wifi.

Last edited:
Looks like VPAD+ have its good reviews from some happer campers ;)

Vpad+

NOTHING is perfect, but VPAD+ is much better than anything else anyone else has got out (which is nothing portable). I carry mine around to three different job sites and am finally independent of my hearing co-workers. I also travel cross-country for work and can now communicate more in-depth with my family than just by texting ... and I don't even have to stop and set up my laptop computer.

I occasionally have problems getting a WIFI signal but that is just reality - WIFI signals are very variable and sometimes unreliable. I carry a WIFI finder and if I need to increase weak signal strength, I use a USB adapter with a high-gain antenna. When I have the opportunity, I use an ethernet connection.

I'm pleased and my daughter, also deaf, is thrilled. What more can you ask for $99 installed?

FuzzyRev:hmm:

NOTHING is perfect, but VPAD+ is much better than anything else anyone else has got out (which is nothing portable). I carry mine around to three different job sites and am finally independent of my hearing co-workers. I also travel cross-country for work and can now communicate more in-depth with my family than just by texting ... and I don't even have to stop and set up my laptop computer.

I occasionally have problems getting a WIFI signal but that is just reality - WIFI signals are very variable and sometimes unreliable. I carry a WIFI finder and if I need to increase weak signal strength, I use a USB adapter with a high-gain antenna. When I have the opportunity, I use an ethernet connection.

I'm pleased and my daughter, also deaf, is thrilled. What more can you ask for $99 installed?

FuzzyRev:hmm:

I got new VPAD+ last few week ago. I had tested it for WiFi signal. working good to connect from some next door about 100 ft range. but better use less than 50 ft range for using video callings. You can order one to two units at $99 each.

Port Settings?

Hello,

I just received my two new VPAD+ videophones and i am already an owner of the first generation VPAD. Here you can see how a big fan i am of Viable, Inc.

I'd like to know what do i need to put in for port settings in both my router and the VPAD+ itself? My router is D-Link DIR-655, so there are fields for TCP and UDP port settings. For my VPAD+, i need to know what are the settings for the control port and media ports.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Hello,

I just received my two new VPAD+ videophones and i am already an owner of the first generation VPAD. Here you can see how a big fan i am of Viable, Inc.

I'd like to know what do i need to put in for port settings in both my router and the VPAD+ itself? My router is D-Link DIR-655, so there are fields for TCP and UDP port settings. For my VPAD+, i need to know what are the settings for the control port and media ports.

How coming you didn't contract Viable for tech support?

Tech support at Viable

Because this is a holiday weekend and they are closed until Tuesday, so i was hoping someone would catch my post and be able to reply fast.

Hello,

I have couple of Vpads myself.

In order to set port forwarding:
find your vpad's local IP address (example: 192.168.1.115) then use that to set your ports

port / protocol
41000 - 0 / TCP
42000-42010 / TCP
42011-4014 / UDP

Then for second vpad, follow same logic with its IP address:

41001 - 0 / TCP
42015-42025 / TCP
42026-42029 / UDP

It uses 15 ports per vpad.

Be sure those ports in vpad's match in your router's port forward's boxes.

Good luck!

Which is the difference, between VPAD+ and VPAD(for the ports)?

I tried to select UPnP port on VPAD+ when UPnP is enabled in my D-link DIR 615 last Saturday. It's worked to be calling another VP (Sorenson vp) in both of outgoing and incoming callings. but I confused that not working for incoming callins in VPAD in few hours later. I disenabled UPnP in VPAD+ . I will contact Viable support to request port settings for TCP and UDP.

You ran out of my mouth. I want to know the difference. i.e. Are these VPADs look the same?

Both VPAD versions are the same, but different interface in the system. And I was referring to these ports from the other posts, I am not sure which one are for VPAD and VPAD+ so I can set up the correct ones, since I own 3 VPADs :lol:

Both VPAD versions are the same, but different interface in the system. And I was referring to these ports from the other posts, I am not sure which one are for VPAD and VPAD+ so I can set up the correct ones, since I own 3 VPADs :lol:

Oh I wonder that you have three for your living room, a bedroom, and a bathroom. You don't feel like going out of the bathroom so you just sit on the toilet talking someone on VPAD hanging on the wall. :shock: Perhaps, someone heard a big fart. (Just kidding.)

Oh I wonder that you have three for your living room, a bedroom, and a bathroom. You don't feel like going out of the bathroom so you just sit on the toilet talking someone on VPAD hanging on the wall. :shock: Perhaps, someone heard a big fart. (Just kidding.)

:laugh2::laugh2: good answer

Haha, nice one. One for my office, one for me at home, and one for my parents.

owned!! btw... u can use vpad without stupid plug...or it have to be plug all times??

owned!! btw... u can use vpad without stupid plug...or it have to be plug all times??

If you meant the power source...

Actually you can with a portable battery. My friend have one with a vpad+, work like a charm! Last up to about few hours. Also great for charging your sidekick, blackberry and etc...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-CP120B-20-Watt-Battery/dp/product-description/B000H78YXQ]Amazon.com: Black & Decker CP120B 20-Watt Power Backup Battery Pack: Home Improvement[/ame]

Back