New iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
*view at Steve Jobs' guilty feeling*... naw...

Highlander, I wasn't talking about the Atom, I was talking about i3/i5 laptops that runs on battery that last for 10 hours or longer... If I did talked about the Atom processor, I would have talked about the netbooks/slimlines only but did I? Nope! I talked about the laptops and more.

Care to give me a list of laptop that they have over 10 hours of battery life?

Yes, some laptops with discrete graphics have a set amount of memory they can use with VRAM and it is not set to 256 MB or less. I've worked on some laptops from HP/Gateway/Acer and on with discrete graphics that can use up to 1.5 GB of memory! 256 MB for 330 GT video card?! YEAH RIGHT! 330 requires DDR3 or DDR5 with at least 768 MB or higher memory space... If you don't believe me, look in the BIOS of some of these laptops and it will ask you how to allocate memory in what range of 512 to 1536 MB, that is if these laptops are already using discrete graphics.

Why keeps talk about laptop? I don't care about laptop as game. It's useless to me and I prefer GUI with high VRAM core over VRAM size like 256MB at 1Ghz core of VRAM is quick than 1.5GB at 900Mhz. It's old news about BIOS for shared video memory since 90's that I already knew it from desktop (built-in video) and laptop. I prefer to change a new powerful GPU hardware each 1-2 years and keep desktop for around 5 years for new games. I don't think SOME laptop can do it.

I don't mainly use Linux to diagnose Windows issues other than software issues. If it has to be hardware issue, sometimes I use Linux to test it out i.e. trackpad issues, opening of some documents and such but to test the hard drive or memory, I use an elaborate method of diagnostic tools such as manufacturer tools to test these in mind.

Same thing. Most PC do not have diagnose for hardware issue. Good thing Macbook already have built-in diagnose for hardware from EFI (Extensible Firmware Interface.)

I use memtest86, HD Tune, and live cd Linux for diagnose software/hardware and hack for customer who forget password for their computer with XP,Vista, or 7.

Your preference over mine for WASD and mouse. I love using the controller for FPS and I find it easy to use than the WASD hence the reason why I stick to console systems than the PC to play games on. I also grew up on Nintendo Entertainment system, Genesis, Jaguar 64, Super Nintendo, 3D0 (look it up if you don't know what a Panasonic 3D0 is), Nintendo 64, Playstation 2, Wii and many mobile gaming systems including Game Boy, Game Gear, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS and more. I'm used to using the standard controller set up. I never had a XBox and don't think I ever will own one because the controller sucks big time and there are not many games out there that fits my preference. You like playing PC games because of the WASD set up and the integration of the mouse utilization, that's your preference. You can't force me to conform to the WASD method because I find it stupid and uncomfortable.

I played Panasonic 3D0 before and *gasp* You never tried nintendo virtual boy before? I thought you grew up on Nintendo. Yes, I played Nintendo VB before.

I never own x360 and PS3 before but I did modchp (PSX,xbox)and replaced parts (PS3 for blu-ray len) for friend/family before.

Who said force? What game of FPS you love to play?

Macs is suitable for people who are dumb and do not understand computing terminology and for graphic designers that raves about the dpi and all.

Funny thing, Many friends and family don't know how to use my Macbook and they said what's that?! They looks so confused and they prefer Windows XP. Sad, Too many customers complained about Vista and 7 because they are too confused and they WANT back to Windows Xp and STUCK with it. That's mean they are dumb or too lazy to re-learn? You said Macs? It's is hardware as itself. Nothing do with software/OS. :roll:

Oh yeah. I am too dumb because I don't know how to get a virus/spyware/ malware/blah blah for OSX.
Again, with iPhone 4, it may last like 10 hours... That's fine, my G1 can last 10 hours too, so what's the difference?

:slap: Wake up! Your G1 and iPhone 4 have almost 50% different cpu speed.
Re-read my post again. Let me explain you more simple.

Low cpu mhz = Low watts to help long battery life than high cpu mhz.

Android does NOT have memory leak issues... It is just slow because of the 533 MHz ARM processor, 1st generation phones woes and limited RAM. Fast forward to present day, Android based smartphones now have 512 MB RAM/512 MB ROM/1 GHz Snapdragon/Hummingbird processor and all. Intel already developed a 1.5 GHz processor and it said it was looking to implement the architecture in a phone with an OS to support it and guess who Intel went to? Yup you guessed it, ANDROID! Nvidia is also releasing their Tegra 2 graphics processor for cellphones and it had selected an OS in mind and who is it??? WOW ANDROID, ONCE AGAIN! Technology will change for the better and who will fall behind every year? Yup iPhone... Why? releases a new phone only yearly while the Android based phones improve by technology and better software development/implementation and release on that spot.

In addition to "memory leak issues", Android is, actually, much better than Apple at memory management. When it notices a program is running but no activity has been done in a while to that program and another program is launched and need the extra memory space, it terminates the previous occupied program and runs the program. Now you see why newer smartphones are coming out with 512 MB RAM and higher to allow users to HAVE MORE PROGRAMS running without having to terminate any previous programs in memory. It also excels at terminating any offending programs that is hogging the memory bandwidth. Apple limits the apps to a certain group of apps that can be allowed to be multitasked. Limitations? That's hogwash! There's no limitation in Android...
You are correct. I haven't heard about android's memory leak issues. but i know android's battery issues, thats it! please correct me if I am wrong ;)

the person's harash comments who told android's memory leak issues.. So, Let me help this thread out - can you post a link/source? :hmm:

I have read stories about how some people were able to install 50 apps, even 120 apps at once on their phone (forgot which phone it was but there were several different phones) and it was android based and they said it ran smoothly as if it was unpacked on the first day with pre-installed apps. They did asked some iPhone users on how many apps they had installed, and I've read the comments from iPhone users and they said they had about 30 to 40 installed and they tried to install more but it slowed their phone down big time. It has to be app to app on each phone because it depends on which apps you have installed because each app have its own services and all that will always varies on phone by phone.
yes, apps running background makes battery drain quickly.. thats what Google CEO and HTC CEO admittedly revealed the world. If many APPS installed on android that ARE TRULY USELESS!!!

Installed apps is DIFFERENT from apps being running in the background. Installed apps takes up a lot of RAM but the point is, if you have a better phone, more precisely, a current smartphone like the HTC evo 4g, Droid X, Samsung Galaxy S and on, you will see a dramatic difference between the 1st generation phones, namely the G1, Hero, MyTouch 3g and on and current phones like the Droid, Droid Incredible, Droid X, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Evo 4G, Dell Streak and on. So when an installed program resides in RAM, it takes up some space, but when a program is being run, it also executes services which takes up more RAM space so when you are on very low RAM amount, it get bottlenecked. With 512 MB RAM, you will have abundance space to install 100 apps plus services and all.
Yeah Now almost all manufactures make high ended phone with the internal board memory like 8GB or 16GB for apps, others instead of ROM.. it wont effect memory leak issues. ;)

I DONT CARE APPLE'S APPS are MANY than Android's apps. I tell you, what? APPS ARE USELESSS!

Back in Dec, when I had iPod Touch and I installed around 50 apps, I don't see any performance degrade from installed apps, unlike Moto Droid. The RAM in Moto Droid is only 256 MB and got horribly slow if I have 50 apps or more, including apps that bundled in phone.
Ah Yeah, Your Moto DROID is now ANCIENT DAY!

*APPLUASE* Now Motorola 's DROID X release with the internal board memory 8GB or 16GB for apps, other programs, etc instead of install ROM/RAM.. :cool2:

Ah Yeah, Your Moto DROID is now ANCIENT DAY!

*APPLUASE* Now Motorola 's DROID X release with the internal board memory 8GB or 16GB for apps, other programs, etc instead of install ROM/RAM.. :cool2:

Moto Droid and Droid X are not relative, successor to Moto Droid is Moto Droid 2 since Droid X is other new high end like Evo and Aria.
Hands on the Motorola Droid 2 – Android and Me

You are correct. I haven't heard about android's memory leak issues. but i know android's battery issues, thats it! please correct me if I am wrong ;)

the person's harash comments who told android's memory leak issues.. So, Let me help this thread out - can you post a link/source? :hmm:

yes, apps running background makes battery drain quickly.. thats what Google CEO and HTC CEO admittedly revealed the world. If many APPS installed on android that ARE TRULY USELESS!!!

Yeah Now almost all manufactures make high ended phone with the internal board memory like 8GB or 16GB for apps, others instead of ROM.. it wont effect memory leak issues. ;)

I DONT CARE APPLE'S APPS are MANY than Android's apps. I tell you, what? APPS ARE USELESSS!

Memory leak is issue on per app, not OS itself like I said so numerous time and some apps can harmful or damage to Android OS like just apps on Windows or Mac OS X to cause instability and memory leak. Firefox is one of good example on memory leak, same as Fennec cause memory leak on Android, just mobile browser that made by Firefox and it is non-market app, it means you have manual to install on Android.

iPhone apps may useless to you but not for me, most of my favorite apps are only on iPhone, especially 3-D games.

Oh no, I'm not stopping you from getting the iPhone 4. It's your decision if you want to get the iPhone, its cool. Maybe you're right, it's better off to leave Android to the smarter people while Apple is suitable for those who are clueless when it come to technology. :D
Yes, that is right.. Iphone is not for everyone or android is not for everyone.. depend on individual's preference. no necessary to force person to buy iphone instead of android. :D

I TRULY like android, it is open-source and can customize your own layer UI on android platform OS, thats SUPER-COOLEST!

Of course the iPhone 4 works like "wonder" because it's on the SAME hardware, while Android and Windows are on different hardware architectures and it varies by manufacturers. That would be why we have to LOOK AT the manufacturer of the phone running Android x.x and if it's HTC, we know it's a good one, if it's LG we know it may bomb because we know LG well enough to screw up something (not my opinion, but i'm just setting an example here) so we know more about which phones we want to get and that's why you research before buying the phone.
Humm, Window already control all manufactures make phone with the internal memory, no external slot for MicroSD cards and lack of wifi built for hotspot. thats SUCKS! No thanks.. In event I will switch from WM to Andriod after WP7 release on launch.

Let me tell you something, the person mentioned about pc gaming.. For truth he isnt HIGH ENDED gamer or w/e. But I don't know if he had own wii only.. ( laughing off my @$$)... I have no idea.. Anyway, I encourage you read his previous posts.

well - if you think OSX and iOS4 are great..... it's because it's based on unix which is what Linux is based on. Linux is great for everything. It's just that many people do not know how to use it and many are computer-illiterate.

actually - it's not that rare. Dell, HP, and Asus do offer it. Others didn't because they didn't want Microsoft to get mad at them... which means they won't get heavily-discounted price on Windows.

and you can make GIMP to look like Photoshop and function like Photoshop.

yes. each stuff is for different stuff.
+1 rep.. ;)

I can't dare speaking against motorcycle that is very dangerous. like he spoke against linux, open-source stuffs. I really have no CLUE what he talk about.. But No need for me to making some dramatic with his cluesless posts. like let him blab...

he has lack of understand what linux and open source about-
LINUX-MAG said:
Windows is no different it too is an operating system built around a kernel, or core. For instance, Windows Vista is the name of both an operating system and the kernel at its core. The next generation of Windows, currently called Windows 7, is to be based on the Windows Vista kernel. So in equivalent terms, Linux and Vista are kernels, and Ubuntu and Windows 7 are operating systems, or distributions, built on those kernels.

Source

see thats awesome for android OS's open source like jiro, netox, forarc, PyrollisAhFiros, EVO dragon, others including me can share & build an operating system on kernel for endless without authorizes unlike Wp7 or Ip4 which aren't open source.

Iphone users and Android users, I tell you guys, what? Iphone and Android both are Biological cousin! ANDROID is actually SEMI-UNIX lineage. c'mon, dont acts like Cain and abel story or Ishmael and Issac the list goes on...

give me some popcorns, PLEASE?

340x3.gif

If you are heavily touch based 3-D games and want included in phone so I would recommended iPhone 3GS/4 because they have many 3-D games, The hardware in iPhone is uniformed like DS and PSP since Android and Windows Mobile 6.5 based devices have many different of hardware that caused compatibility issues. Asphalt 5 on Android is only optimized for Moto Droid and devices with PowerVR chipset, just same graphic chipset as iPhone use. It wouldn't be issue if Android require specified graphic chipset to be included but I doubt because Android is open source and works on any devices, regardless on hardware.

I believe that Windows Phone 7 will have more 3-D games after released because MS require specified hardware to support WP7 like 1 GHz CPU or above and PowerVR are required, for example.

Well, Android is still in its infancy stage and is maturing very fast right now and when the iPhone first came out, it, too, was in its infancy stage and matured quite steadily but Android is growing faster than how the iPhone had evolved into what we see today.

Android 3.0 is due to come out very soon and with hardware demands and all, it will definitely improve a great deal so we will be seeing more and more Android based phones that will definitely push the iPhone out of the picture unless Steve Jobs decides to let iOS be released on different phones but will he? HA! NEVER! So... Android or Apple? The big A's? I'd definitely take an Android based phone instantly if it was offered to me.

Hell, even if I were offered a iPhone for 50 dollars or an Android based phone with the latest hardware specs for 10,000 dollars, I'd take the Android phone... and maybe the iPhone too, so I can sell it on eBay or Craigslist to help pay for the Android phone! :D

Only time will tell and I'm waiting patiently to see Apple fall flat on its face in the cellphone markets. Then I'd be eating popcorn! :D

Well, Android is still in its infancy stage and is maturing very fast right now and when the iPhone first came out, it, too, was in its infancy stage and matured quite steadily but Android is growing faster than how the iPhone had evolved into what we see today.

Android 3.0 is due to come out very soon and with hardware demands and all, it will definitely improve a great deal so we will be seeing more and more Android based phones that will definitely push the iPhone out of the picture unless Steve Jobs decides to let iOS be released on different phones but will he? HA! NEVER! So... Android or Apple? The big A's? I'd definitely take an Android based phone instantly if it was offered to me.

Hell, even if I were offered a iPhone for 50 dollars or an Android based phone with the latest hardware specs for 10,000 dollars, I'd take the Android phone... and maybe the iPhone too, so I can sell it on eBay or Craigslist to help pay for the Android phone! :D

Only time will tell and I'm waiting patiently to see Apple fall flat on its face in the cellphone markets. Then I'd be eating popcorn! :D

iOS, WP7, WebOS and Android have own unique, man.

I don't see Android win over iOS, except for in your fanboy mind.

Yes true, OP wanted posters stick this topic.. I respect his wishes..

Moto Droid and Droid X are not relative, successor to Moto Droid is Moto Droid 2 since Droid X is other new high end like Evo and Aria.
Hands on the Motorola Droid 2 – Android and Me
Yes, Few days ago I've seen it on android & me site. QWERTY (physical) keyboard?, No thanks.. Now I am freaking fully touch fan! I would buy DROID X instead of DROID 2.

Memory leak is issue on per app, not OS itself like I said so numerous time and some apps can harmful or damage to Android OS like just apps on Windows or Mac OS X to cause instability and memory leak. Firefox is one of good example on memory leak, same as Fennec cause memory leak on Android, just mobile browser that made by Firefox and it is non-market app, it means you have manual to install on Android.

iPhone apps may useless to you but not for me, most of my favorite apps are only on iPhone, especially 3-D games.
- can you post a link/source? So, link or source help this thread out if you do care?

If you are heavily touch based 3-D games and want included in phone so I would recommended iPhone 3GS/4 because they have many 3-D games, The hardware in iPhone is uniformed like DS and PSP since Android and Windows Mobile 6.5 based devices have many different of hardware that caused compatibility issues. Asphalt 5 on Android is only optimized for Moto Droid and devices with PowerVR chipset, just same graphic chipset as iPhone use. It wouldn't be issue if Android require specified graphic chipset to be included but I doubt because Android is open source and works on any devices, regardless on hardware.

I believe that Windows Phone 7 will have more 3-D games after released because MS require specified hardware to support WP7 like 1 GHz CPU or above and PowerVR are required, for example.
Did you know that iPod Touch 3G is currently selling faster than the iPhone?

Apple's Mac, Iphone, itouch are made by **china**..

Whoa, whoa, you are believing MSFT WP7's look promised? Wait, hold on, why MSFT tried to bribe with iphone developers for iphone games port for wp7? THERE you go! I am no longer trust MSFT anymore, they betrayed me and others.. Believe or not: Many business developers didn't excite about wp7 anymore, and they did not develop apps for Wp7. You better read WP7: Does MS have developer support? :hmm:

Tell me why any game developers didn't make apps for zune HD since launched 2009? :hmm:

Yes true, OP want

Yes, Few days ago I've seen it on android & me site. QWERTY (physical) keyboard?, No thanks.. Now I am freaking fully touch fan! I would buy DROID X instead of DROID 2.

- can you post a link/source? So, link or source help this thread out if you do care?

Did you know that iPod Touch 3G is currently selling faster than the iPhone?

Apple's Mac, Iphone, itouch are made by **china**..

Whoa, whoa, you are believing MSFT WP7's look promised? Wait, hold on, why MSFT tried to bribe with iphone developers for iphone games port for wp7? THERE you go! I am no longer trust MSFT anymore.. Believe or not: Many business developers didn't excite about wp7 anymore, and they did not develop apps for Wp7. :hmm:

Tell me why any game developers didn't make apps for zune HD since launched 2009? :hmm:

It is based on my experience since I'm Android user and I can tell about memory leak, it was caused by some apps, not OS. I don't have any source since it was from my experience. There is tip to avoid memory leak.
http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2009/01/avoiding-memory-leaks.html

My Moto Droid is made in China too so what is your point?

Yup because many people don't want sign up for service under att so they picked iPod Touch, along with other phone. Some people don't want iPhone but prefer to have other phone with iPod Touch.

No, I don't feel that WP7 is promised but I'm just give a example about hardware requirement by MS for WP7 made more uniformed and easier for developers to track on bugs and able to make patch so quickly as soon. It is just same with iPhone and Palm Pre with uniformed hardware.

Not enough games on Zune HD? That's MS problem and it is their choice to pick games to be released on limit basis. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back