New iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I see. Umm... how will I use my voice to tell them ? I am profoundly deaf. Will they recognize that I am deaf if, I don't speak like hearing people do ? Will it help to send them for help ? I wish I knew how that work. I MUST have 911 in my iPhone for my future in case if, I need it. Maybe, I should dial 911 and leave it ring for them to trace my GPS ?

Yup like techbilll said if cell tower support E911 GPS that localize you, if not then try call 911 via relay on AIM or Purple IP Relay.

TechBill's right - for example, you are in the forests, and the cell network doesn't support the E911, have to tell the location.

Except you don't have to be in the forest. :D

Except you don't have to be in the forest. :D

Many town cell towers are still outdated and does not support E911 espcially smaller towns.

That why it take forever to upgrade in USA because we are a huge country with towns spread apart all over while country like Japan that towns are tightly together and easier to upgrade quicker so they always come ahead of us in techngoly.

Coming to Fring for iPhone: Two-way video calls

I have Fling app in my iPhone but being one-way video calls only. I can see Skype buddy but buddy can't see me. I will wait to get update fling app for two-way video calling feature.

It wasn't too long ago that VoIP calling and chat app Fring became imbued with the ability to make video calls on iPhone over 3G and Wi-Fi. There was one major problem with that version of Fring for iPhone--you could see your buddy, but your buddy couldn't see you.

At CTIA in Las Vegas, we sat down with Fring and got a sneak peek at two features that are in the works for the next version of Fring for iPhone--including a way to do two-way video. It's flawed at the moment, but we're holding our final evaluation for the real product, which could be some time away.

Coming to Fring for iPhone: Two-way video calls | CTIA 2010 - CNET Reviews

Fring is now working on an update that will use the iPhone's camera to broadcast video of yourself to others. Since there's no front-facing camera on the iPhone, we can foresee needing to set up a shot before docking the iPhone on a long call. Also, pointing the back of the phone at yourself means you're not actually looking at your caller. We'd like to order up a Fring-friendly Webcam accessory, please.

Mirror? iPhone Video Conferencing
Or next gen Iphone will be coming this summer which includes front-facing cam??

iPhone users, You don't need to bring pen and paper. You can't speak to hearing people. Examples are notepassing to hearing people while they're on the phone or using Note Pass to be ordering fast food to attender.

Free apps of Note Pass:
App Shopper: Note Pass (Utilities)

The drawbacks of the iphoney continues !!!

Take a flare or an airhorn with you in the forest... Build a fire , ole Smokey will find you for sure !!!

The drawbacks of the iphoney continues !!!

Take a flare or an airhorn with you in the forest... Build a fire , ole Smokey will find you for sure !!!
:eek: Are you a iPhone hater too?

I have Fring app in my iPhone but being one-way video calls only. I can see Skype buddy but buddy can't see me. I will wait to get update Fring app for two-way video calling feature.

Mirror? iPhone Video Conferencing
Or next gen Iphone will be coming this summer which includes front-facing cam??

Other items for mirror.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHbciYPPA5c&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - iSnapMe - Forward Facing Camera for iPhone[/ame]
iSnapMe - Forward Facing Camera for iPhone

This video shows how difficult it is to take a self-portrait using a standard iPhone. Once the iSnapMe adapter is installed, you can clearly see your face while looking at the phone. This makes it possible to take great self-portrait pictures every time. iSnapMe works with all camera software including video recording, video streaming, and video conferencing.
iSnapMe

Last edited:
Other items for mirror.
YouTube - iSnapMe - Forward Facing Camera for iPhone
iSnapMe - Forward Facing Camera for iPhone

This video shows how difficult it is to take a self-portrait using a standard iPhone. Once the iSnapMe adapter is installed, you can clearly see your face while looking at the phone. This makes it possible to take great self-portrait pictures every time. iSnapMe works with all camera software including video recording, video streaming, and video conferencing.
iSnapMe

Awesome. Let you know I am getting iPhone or BB Bold 9700 soon.

Christer get the Bold !!!

I really enjoy my Bold and have extra money in my pocket !!!

Christer, get iPhone and you will be happy, seriously. :)

Apple may develop CDMA/Verizon-compatible iPhone? AT&T's disappointing iPhone users with poor 3G availability, dropped calls, late availability of MMS, and even later availability of tethering. Verizon iPhone may be available in September or so???

Don't care, I want Abode Flash Player, regardless on battery life so you can charge it in car.

Problem is anyone won't be around in car at moment when use Flash Player. I had rare bad experience when I'm not in car and my phone went out of juice on battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back