Never buy DVDs from....

I am a big fan of mysteries and ordered a british show called "Wire in the Blood" from ebay. The company that releases it is Koch, and none of their releases have subs. When I first put the dvd in I was really mad, but I was able to find the subs (they are called .srt files, mostly) through many different sources using google. I was also able to download the same episodes off the internet so that I could be sure the subs would match the movie. I also found a site that has transcripts for tv shows (mostly british, but not all) so that I can make my own sub files. (that is the theory, anyway..still working on that). TV shows are not like movies..they are broadcast free, so much easier to download and you don't have to worry about copyrights.

Are you able to get the .srt files to be in sync with the NTSC DVDs? When "Hogfather" was released on DVD this year in the US it wasn't subtitled or captioned, but the Region 2 DVD sold in the UK is subtitled, so thanks to pirates, a sub-rip (.srt) file is available. However since the Region 2 disk is PAL, and the Region 1 disk is NTSC, the only srt files that I've been able to find are terribly out of sync.

Today, I bought "Shutter" (2008 film) DVD after I checked up on Shutter DVD Review
and they said most extras subtitled. I expecting there would be
any language including English and/or closed captioned, but not in English or closed-captioned there are only in Spanish and French on extras only
I will not buy it anything from Fox anymore! Now, I dislike Fox anymore!
I must warning you. Please don't buy it, if you picky about extras without
subtitled/captioned.

Back