Never buy DVDs from....

RedheadGrrl

Premium Member
Reaction score
WARNING!!!

Never buy any DVDs from ECHO BRIDGE HOME ENTERTAINMENT. It never have closed captioned or subtitle. I bought 4 or 5 DVDs from ECHO. I was so mad and learned my lession to not buy it from ECHO from now on. CHECK OUT before you decided to buy it.

I emailed them last December 26th abt DVD that doesnt have CC. I said:

Hello, I bought "10.5 APOCALPSE" DVD for my gf for xmas. My gf and I were so exciting to watch it last night. We realized there were NO CLOSED CAPTIONED or SUBTITLES! We were so upset since it was our favorite movie. I realized that your company has broke the law abt not knowing the ADA (American with Disability Act). I saw your site and thought it was interested for me to order it BUT there is no CC or subtitle so I couldn't order it or will not recommend to my deaf community to order it. I wish you could have CC or subtitle in it. My gf and I are very disappointed that we couldn't see the movie that I got her for xmas. Now that DVD will be sitting on the shelf to get full of dust or giving it away to hearing friends. I hope one day you will considering to add CC or subtitle in every DVDs you have in your company.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

XXXXX

And they replied back and said:

Good morning XXXXXXX,

We strive to meet the needs of all our customers, and appreciate your feedback. About a year ago our company merged with Echo Bridge Entertainment, and we’ve been in a transitional period since that time. We continue to work to improve our existing product library while acquiring new titles. New releases going forward should all be closed captioned, while our older titles are not closed captioned. The following is the list of titles we have available that are closed captioned:

Item # Item Description Release Date

43479 Bailey's Billions 4/4/2006

42089 The Ten Commandments 9/5/2006

44649 Final Days of Planet Earth 10/1/2006

47279 Night of Terror 10/10/2006

44649 Final Days of Planet Earth 10/17/2006

48369 Ten Commandments The Musical 11/21/2006

47319 Disaster Zone: Volcano in New York 11/7/2006

44799 Angel in the Family 12/1/2006

48749 The Adventures of the Black Stallion Season 1 12/5/2006

44739 Mystery Woman: Sing Me A Murder 12/5/2006

47359 The Ron Clark Story 12/5/2006

44509 Artie Lange's Beer League 1/2/2007

49349 Death of a Prophet Collector's Edition 1/2/2007

47449 Luminarias 1/2/2007

47379 Glow Ropes: The Rise and Fall of a Bar Mitzvah Emcee 1/30/2007

Thank you,

Echo Bridge Home Entertainment
Online Sales Department

I emailed back and told them that 10.5 movie was came out on TV last Spring. How can it be too old? They never replied back. It is the final draw for me to not buy any DVD from ECHO company.

PLEASE look at the back to see if its ECHO and make sure it have CC or subtitle before you buy it. Dont wanna waste your money. I sucked big time.

RedheadGrrl,
If you deaf or hard-of-hearing you may use it without captions that is
recommend for using with a TV listening device. Manufacturer of TV Ears - Buy Direct and get a Lifetime Service Guarantee! headphones, headsets, wireless, hearing aids, hearing aid, hearing loss, hearing, wireless headphones, wireless headsets, tv, television, televisions, headset, assistive liste
But I haven't try it yet. Someone if tries that, please post it here on this
topic. Thank you. I hope you are hard-of-hearing.
But I don't mean to offend you, because you would want to try it,
you decide.

First of all, making movies captioned has nothing to do with the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Secondly, that is an independent movie production company and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make their DVDs subtitled or captioned.

It's not just that company, but other companies like Two Left Shoes or Red Dog. I've rented movies from those companies before and they didn't make their DVDs captioned.

From the list you gave us, I've never heard of any of those movies. They were probably straight-to-television movies or movies that are independent... which they don't always caption due to financial issues.

RedheadGrrl,
If you deaf or hard-of-hearing you may use it without captions that is
recommend for using with a TV listening device. Manufacturer of TV Ears - Buy Direct and get a Lifetime Service Guarantee! headphones, headsets, wireless, hearing aids, hearing aid, hearing loss, hearing, wireless headphones, wireless headsets, tv, television, televisions, headset, assistive liste
But I haven't try it yet. Someone if tries that, please post it here on this
topic. Thank you. I hope you are hard-of-hearing.
But I don't mean to offend you, because you would want to try it,
you decide.

HoH?? Excuse me?? You offend me.. You didnt read what I wrote.. I said abt CC or subtitle MEAN I wanted it!!

Seems you were trying to make us not read cc or subtitle and use the TV listening device!! Geez!!

From the list you gave us, I've never heard of any of those movies. They were probably straight-to-television movies or movies that are independent... which they don't always caption due to financial issues.

I know Vampy. I was like huh?? BUT I went to their site and saw few movies that I knew or heard. They doesnt have CC or subtitle as well.

Can you tell me IF The Poseidon Adventure is independent movie? That movie had made in 2006. The actors are Adam Baldwin, Rutger Hauer, Steve Guttenberg, and more.. Interested huh??

HoH?? Excuse me?? You offend me.. You didnt read what I wrote.. I said abt CC or subtitle MEAN I wanted it!!

Seems you were trying to make us not read cc or subtitle and use the TV listening device!! Geez!!

I was did reading your post, I know. I still like you, anyways. I feel bad
for you don't have captioning on your favorite movies.

I hope someday will have law for requiring the captioning for all
DVDs. :)
I love captioning! But, captioning isn't enough yet to fully
implemented.

You can report to FCC since FCC is responsible to take action on companies that who make fail to add subtitle or CC on DVD, such as complete season.
Filing a Complaint

I was did reading your post, I know. I still like you, anyways. I feel bad
for you don't have captioning on your favorite movies.

I hope someday will have law for requiring the captioning for all
DVDs. :)
I love captioning! But, captioning isn't enough yet to fully
implemented.

90% of tv shows are CC supported except for some shows on MTV and doesn't come on after 2nd time, such as rerun on other day, like tomorrow or something.

Oh damn, I wish that store (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, Circuit City) need change their return policy, that which is special to deaf and HoH then we can get full refund after detect on DVD movies when isn't CC or subtitle supported.

hey... you need to know that there is no law required to have CC/subtitle on DVD.

hey... you need to know that there is no law required to have CC/subtitle on DVD.

Yea true cuz I am very serious WWE DVD collector and all WWE DVD dont have any CC or subtitle and I still watching it...

All folks,

Yes, I second that. Also A&E does not offer closed caption on on-air movies and shows like Space 1999, etc. I was ordering a copy of Space: 1999 30th Annv. Megaset for under $100 on Amazon.com but I noticed that it did not mention closed caption. I looked into A&E TV web site and found out that they does not have closed caption. I e-mailed them to consider to add closed caption at affordable cost but I got a reply said that they does not offer closed caption on on-air shows. For example, on the air, they has closed caption but DVD version does not. That made me so mad.

Thanks,
Tim

It's better to say "always check DVDs for 'CC' or subtitles before buying" than to say "never buy DVDs from this company".

It's better to say "always check DVDs for 'CC' or subtitles before buying" than to say "never buy DVDs from this company".
Well Vampy, the company I put down NEVER have cc or subtitle on the DVDs like I post the emails between me and ECHO. I looked at every DVD they are selling it. NO CC or subtitle So thats why I said Never Buy From This Company. I dont want deafies waste their money if they bought it from ECHO.

Well Vampy, the company I put down NEVER have cc or subtitle on the DVDs like I post the emails between me and ECHO. I looked at every DVD they are selling it. NO CC or subtitle So thats why I said Never Buy From This Company. I dont want deafies waste their money if they bought it from ECHO.
There are other companies that don't add CC or subtitles to their DVDs. :)

I just check the back for CC or Subtitles If it doesnt have CC or Subtitles then I put it back on the shelf and move along. Eventually most movies will be CC'd.

I know alot of the movies that are being re-released on DVD or Blue-Ray Disc are being CC'd.

i got mistakes for get dvd without CC and i watch that movie and no CC or subtitles so i would must return to stores where belongs and its too late for that.

i would must remind without CC or with CC i look CC on dvd if says yes they buy! if no CC you cant buy for that!

i got mistakes for get dvd without CC and i watch that movie and no CC or subtitles so i would must return to stores where belongs and its too late for that.

i would must remind without CC or with CC i look CC on dvd if says yes they buy! if no CC you cant buy for that!

You CANNOT return store if DVD is opened or so.

Accept that and learn your mistake.

Back