Need a hug? Come here to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
keep denying it. i think you are. no, i take that back. i know you are.

this is such bull i'm going to my girlfriend god you guys are worse than my family i could have my organs hanging out and they'd be like oh you're fine this world sucks and i don't belong here but you guys wouldn't even say that you would just say something like oh i wait i dont' think you're faking i know you are ugh

I should have never come here to AD for support. Even when my girlfriend is feeling suicidal at the same time she would probably still be a better bet than here at AD.

wow. that's the thanks we all get for caring about you, nika. nice. :mad2:

How would the mods go about to dealing with the issue though? It's a pretty tricky situation to be in, given that possibly even the mods probably don't have a medical background in to reciprocating what's really going on.

The way I saw Hear Again's tempban was actually, not a bad thing. The verdict of the mods didn't give HA any extra mercy for being under another mood, they actually treated her equal just about as anyone else getting a tempban on this forum -- which is a good thing in my eyes.

But when others start exhibiting these symptoms, what are we, as a forum whole, expected to do? This is pretty tricky..

It shouldn't be tolerated. Simply stated a forum is not the proper place for displaying acute illness. I am not criticising Hear Again or anyone else for how they conducted themselves. I'm just stating that a forum is not the place to get help. If someone is really ill, they should be in close contact with a psychiatrist and therapist. A loved one should also be involved. I have stated this before, but it went ignored. Now, we have seen the flipside. We have someone who blatantly made a mockery of mental illness.

Anyway, how do you deal with this? Re-write the forum rules to state simply that if one is suicidal or acutely ill, they must take responsiblity for themselves because AD can't be responsible for them. We've seen the drama that can ensue when one is worried about an individual and it's not fair. It's not fair to us and it's not fair to them.

I absolutely mean NO disrespect to Hear Again, and I hope she knows I am not speaking of her directly. However, I also speak as a person who is also mentally ill. I am also under good psychiatric care. I manage things when I'm not doing well. I just do it away from AD because, I know that the forum and its members don't have the ability to help me. It's not fair to ask them to bail me out of a crisis.

But I do know that I won't kill myself and you guys definitely don't have to be worried about that.

Are these your words? Or did you write them during another dissociative episode?

i don't remember writing that

what are you guys trying to do to me are you trying to tear me into little shreds and pieces

nope. you did that all on your own by trying to convince us all that you were suicidal when you were not. you did that yourself, nika.

wow. that's the thanks we all get for caring about you, nika. nice. :mad2:

what are you even talking about when did you care for me when you were accuse me of faking or when you said you know i am?

i don't remember writing that

So, you had another dissociative episode today when you were explaining about your dissociative episode last night?

Dude, you seriously need to go IP.

not sure i should say anything but maybe the mods can lock this thread. no good comes from arguing and beating a dead horse over the same thing that would probably end up with someone else getting banned. so lets just avoid that and let this thread go and be forgotten and use the other hugs thread. just my 2 cents worth.

nope. you did that all on your own by trying to convince us all that you were suicidal when you were not. you did that yourself, nika.

i don't even know what you're talking about i'm totally confused now

not sure i should say anything but maybe the mods can lock this thread. no good comes from arguing and beating a dead horse over the same thing that would probably end up with someone else getting banned. so lets just avoid that and let this thread go and be forgotten and use the other hugs thread. just my 2 cents worth.

lol we post'ed it the same time. But, yaeh, I agreed... I'm done this thead right now...

Last edited:
I absolutely mean NO disrespect to Hear Again, and I hope she knows I am not speaking of her directly.

no offense is taken, ocean.

having said that, next time i'm going to think long and hard before i care about someone who is suicidal here on ad except for one member whom i know has a legitimate mental illness. that's sad because it isn't like me at all. i hate to see people hurting and what nika did was totally inexcuseable.

what is ip

With as much mental health care as you have received, I would have thought you would be familiar with the terminology. It means "In Patient." Someone who is experiencing as many dissociative episodes as you seem to be having is a threat to themselves and to others.

So, you had another dissociative episode today when you were explaining about your dissociative episode last night?

Dude, you seriously need to go IP.

I'll settle for him just going away.

i don't even know what you're talking about i'm totally confused now

you said that you had absolutely no intention of committing suicide and yet you wonder why everyone is reacting so negatively to what you've done. you brought on this reaction yourself. if you feel as if we are breaking you into little bits and pieces, that's your fault and entirely your doing.

what are you talking about

don't play psychotic with me. that's NOT funny.

i'm asking you if you lost touch with reality because you don't remember having written several posts. either you remember or you don't. which one is it???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back