Need a hug? Come here to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ocean,

when i experienced my first manic/psychotic episode in 2006 i was put on so many antipsychotics and mood stabilizers that i was catatonic for 17 hours (as told to me by my tactile terp and a nurse upon my discharge). if nika had been placed on a 72 hour hold, chances are likely that he would have been drugged up the way i was due to his suicidal "intentions." let me tell you from personal experience that it is not worth faking suicidal thoughts just for the sake of getting attention. it just isn't.

:gpost: Agreed. Sadly, none of this matters to the malingerer. They just want this attention. It's pathological. They are ill, but the sad thing is they are also highly resistent to treatment in alot of cases. That's what makes them dangerous because they take advantage of those who are vulnerable.

:gpost: Agreed. Sadly, none of this matters to the malingerer. They just want this attention. It's pathological. They are ill, but the sad thing is they are also highly resistent to treatment in alot of cases. That's what makes them dangerous because they take advantage of those who are vulnerable.

exactly. i really had to bite my tongue and tone down my anger this morning after reading the remainder of this thread. none of this would have happened if nika's suicidal intentions had been real and genuine, but unfortuantely, they were anything but.

Except nobody seems to want any more hugs. I've started a new hugs thread now for people who want hugs. So they can all get their hugs there.

I find this thread really depressing now the topic has changed. It's not a good thread any more. (sad)

This thread went to crap because someone faked being suicidal. That's not our fault. At the same time, people who fake serious illness need to be held accountable for their actions. Kissing their hiney is just gonna encourage them to continue doing it. They want attention, so OK. We'll give them negative attention, and maybe, they'll take it elsewhere. It's the only atitude to have with a malingerer.

Except nobody seems to want any more hugs. I've started a new hugs thread now for people who want hugs. So they can all get their hugs there.

I find this thread really depressing now the topic has changed. It's not a good thread any more. (sad)

dreama,

that is the fault of only one person and they know who they are. they were the ones responsible for derailing this thread -- not us.

exactly. i really had to bite my tongue and tone down my anger this morning after reading the remainder of this thread. none of this would have happened if nika's suicidal intentions had been real and genuine, but unfortuantely, they were anything but.

I've had to bite my tongue and leave threads due to alot of what I saw. I just hope, really hope that something is done about how we handle suicidal people on here; real and otherwise. People who are authentically acutely ill need to be given care; while malingerers need to be ignored.

This is exactly why I've maintained that a forum such as this is NOT equipped to deal with serious psychiatric illness. Sometimes, you don't know when someone is real and it would be a tragedy if that someone is ignored simply because others have come before them and malingered. The whole thing is really, realy sad. Malingerers only care about themselves and the attention they seek. They don't give a whit about the havoc and harm they cause others.

How would the mods go about to dealing with the issue though? It's a pretty tricky situation to be in, given that possibly even the mods probably don't have a medical background in to reciprocating what's really going on.

The way I saw Hear Again's tempban was actually, not a bad thing. The verdict of the mods didn't give HA any extra mercy for being under another mood, they actually treated her equal just about as anyone else getting a tempban on this forum -- which is a good thing in my eyes.

But when others start exhibiting these symptoms, what are we, as a forum whole, expected to do? This is pretty tricky..

nika,

i'm very disappointed about what you did last night. you took advantage of me and other ad'ers. we were truly concerned about your safety and stability yet you did it all for attention. faking suicide is no laughing matter. i went into a psychotic depression last month because I DID want to kill myself. my voices were telling me to harm myself and told me i was better off dead. when i see people who fake suicidal ideations, it makes me sick. i'm sorry, but it does. if i get banned for posting this, oh well. i guess that will be a 48 hour cooling period for me.

I was absolutely not faking suicidal ideation. I would never do something like that. Please don't be angry at me because my suicidal thoughts are anything but made up. I would not take advantage of people like that. I know that your psychotic depression led you to being suicidal and I'm so sorry that happened to you. Now imagine if I said, Oh Hear Again, you must be faking. Everyone, don't listen to Hear Again. She's faking it. How would that make you feel?

Well that's just how you made me feel.

naisho,

you are correct that the mods had every right to ban me. although i was rapid cycling and my bipolar was acting up, there was no excuse for me to say inappropriate things.

however, there is a BIG difference between what i did (i.e. writing angry posts in the lounge thread) and what nika did. nika flat out lied about having suicidal ideations and in my opinion, i think that's cause for being permanently banned from ad.

i sincerely hope the mods will act upon this swiftly and ban nika for good.

This thread went to crap because someone faked being suicidal. That's not our fault. At the same time, people who fake serious illness need to be held accountable for their actions. Kissing their hiney is just gonna encourage them to continue doing it. They want attention, so OK. We'll give them negative attention, and maybe, they'll take it elsewhere. It's the only atitude to have with a malingerer.

I did not fake being suicidal...I'm not malingering...

I don't know what else to say.

nika,

excuse me, but i have a diagnosed mental illness called bipolar disorder. when i'm experiencing psychotic depression, am manic or rapid cycling, it's clear to others how my moods change. there's a difference between my symptoms and yours. my symptoms are legitimately caused by a mental illness -- yours are not. you even said yourself that your suicidal ideations were not real; now you're saying that they were. make up your mind. which one is it???

well, i actually think it's good that all of the posts are kept within this thread. perhaps it will help those who are considering faking suicide to think twice about their intentions.

I'm not faking.

nika,

in an earlier post, you said that you would never act upon your suicidal "ideations." to me, that represents malingering. you told us all that you wanted to die yet you had absolutely NO intention of harming yourself. that is malingering, plain and simple.

nika,

excuse me, but i have a diagnosed mental illness called bipolar disorder. when i'm experiencing psychotic depression, am manic or rapid cycling, it's clear to others how my moods change. there's a difference between my symptoms and yours. my symptoms are legitimately caused by a mental illness -- yours are not. you even said yourself that your suicidal ideations were not real; now you're saying that they were. make up your mind. which one is it???

I have a diagnosis of PTSD with heavy dissociation. Yes there are major differences between mine and yours. And I am not comparing our symptoms. I'm comparing what it feels like to be pegged a malingerer when you're not malingering.

My suicidal ideations are real but I won't kill myself. I feel suicidal but I doubt I will kill myself. I didn't say I was faking feeling suicidal, I said I won't kill myself there is a huge difference there.

Anyway this thread is making me feel suicidal so I'm going to go talk to my girlfriend, someone who knows I really do have suicidal ideation, and someone who knows the ins and outs of my PTSD and exactly how and what causes me to dissociate.

I should have never come here to AD for support. Even when my girlfriend is feeling suicidal at the same time she would probably still be a better bet than here at AD. I didn't want to bring her farther down, but you guys have brought me so far down that I'm back to feeling suicidal.

So bye for now.

But I do know that I won't kill myself and you guys definitely don't have to be worried about that.

Are these your words? Or did you write them during another dissociative episode?

nika,

if you're not faking, how can you deny something you have no recollection of?

okay. i really need to bow out of this thread or else i'm going to rapid cycle and get banned. seriously. i'm p*ssed off to no end and can't take this anymore.

I have a diagnosis of PTSD with heavy dissociation. Yes there are major differences between mine and yours. And I am not comparing our symptoms. I'm comparing what it feels like to be pegged a malingerer when you're not malingering.

My suicidal ideations are real but I won't kill myself. I feel suicidal but I doubt I will kill myself. I didn't say I was faking feeling suicidal, I said I won't kill myself there is a huge difference there.

Anyway this thread is making me feel suicidal so I'm going to go talk to my girlfriend, someone who knows I really do have suicidal ideation, and someone who knows the ins and outs of my PTSD and exactly how and what causes me to dissociate.

I should have never come here to AD for support. Even when my girlfriend is feeling suicidal at the same time she would probably still be a better bet than here at AD. I didn't want to bring her farther down, but you guys have brought me so far down that I'm back to feeling suicidal.

So bye for now.

Thank goodness you have already warned us not to take your threats seriously as you have no intention of acting on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back