my jeep has been robbed!!!!!!!

I'm soo Sorry to hear about it, but if you do catch Mr.Theif, be sure to call your DEAFIE GANGS and we all can beat the living shit outta him. LMAO!

I do feel your pain and it happened to me when I first got my Isuzu Amigo in 94 before I graduated from High School and it was BadAZZ lookin Truck until someone broke in and tried to steal my stereo, but didn't get to steal it cuz someone saw them and PLUS that dumb asswipe even sprayed PepperSpray all over my steering wheel, dashboard and even anything where I would touch and rub my eyes. They end up burning and my whole skin was on fire with the feeling of Pepper Spray being sprayed inside the whole truck.

wow many replies

sh..t man....you must be feel like stabbed into your heart after you built a jeep then few parts missing man!!

I know how i will feel if it happens to me...

I always left my jeep UNLOCKED with nothing value inside jeep and remove some fuse by brain fuse box so someone cant steal jeep :) its free than pay alarm system LOL!

Glad you got the most stuff back!

I would probadly do the same thing you just did, NOT PAY FOR IT as its MINE stuff, not cops belong these parts!

My advice, weld some bolts/nuts for winch, like tap it between nut and bolt. if you need to remove winch, just use cut off wheel air tool..

Later
YOMAN!

yeah thats good idea:ty:thanks for your advice... i will do that when i get my new front bumper done! i'm trying to figure how to make my jeep a thiefproof! maybe do some sheetmetal fab under the carriage. :hmm:

dvdfreak- thanks for your advice...:lol: :afro: yeah i would love to put the c4 bomb on my jeep.... also put the sticker on "WARNING: DO NOT STEAL, THE TRUCK IS WIRED WITH A C4 BOMB!":bye: i would be sorry if the fool who tried to steal cant read!!:rofl: then i would get mad at myself for blew my truck up with my roughly 10k spending crawler stuff! :whistle:

Dop you know what that is? Bomb can just explode the jeep altogether if the person tries to break in? A total loss..

Ha ha ha... that reminds me of the movie called MAD MAX that have bomb under his car if anyone drive that car without disarm it... it goes KA-BOOM!!!! Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Anyway, i had 1980 Ford Fairmont wagon that had been stolen from food store parking lot but how stupid of me that i left my keys on the ignition while we shopped at the food store that day and plus they stole our floor jack, chains and brand new mosquito repellent for indoors... The police called the taxi to pick us up to take us home and the taxi was trying charge us 25 to 28 dollars for 10 miles trip (one way) but the police had to pay for it (hee hee). In a few days later, the police called and told us to get our car back within an hour as we told them we do not have any other transporation to get our car back as we used to live about 10 miles away where the stolen car abandoned and by the time, the car was impound and we went to the impound yard to retrieve our car but we had to pay 150 dollars to get the car back including the storage fees and i went go nuts like this :pissed: and trying to bargain the price reduce so the owner of the impound yard was willing giving us reduce from 150 to 100 dollars to release our car back... I learned my biggest lesson from it... Never do that ever again!!! That was about 6 or 7 yrs ago!!!!

Ha ha ha... that reminds me of the movie called MAD MAX that have bomb under his car if anyone drive that car without disarm it... it goes KA-BOOM!!!! Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Anyway, i had 1980 Ford Fairmont wagon that had been stolen from food store parking lot but how stupid of me that i left my keys on the ignition while we shopped at the food store that day and plus they stole our floor jack, chains and brand new mosquito repellent for indoors... The police called the taxi to pick us up to take us home and the taxi was trying charge us 25 to 28 dollars for 10 miles trip (one way) but the police had to pay for it (hee hee). In a few days later, the police called and told us to get our car back within an hour as we told them we do not have any other transporation to get our car back as we used to live about 10 miles away where the stolen car abandoned and by the time, the car was impound and we went to the impound yard to retrieve our car but we had to pay 150 dollars to get the car back including the storage fees and i went go nuts like this :pissed: and trying to bargain the price reduce so the owner of the impound yard was willing giving us reduce from 150 to 100 dollars to release our car back... I learned my biggest lesson from it... Never do that ever again!!! That was about 6 or 7 yrs ago!!!!
SOMEONE SET UP US THE BOMB!

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

That is crazy to pay for your stuffs back. I have never heard of it. I used to work for the police dept and just returned the stuffs back to the owner.

If the stuffs was not recovered for some time there is limit time to recover your stuffs then they have a right to sell it and use it for a investigation or other like Dare program.

Life is sucks sometimes unless you make it happened to have a good life.

Ha, it does make alot sense they do this to stolen cars all of the time whats the difference between a stolen good and a stolen car? they're both "impounded" in some way.

crooks!

What a bummer! Never heard of having to pay a fee to recover stolen items. I thought the employees in the police dept are paid by the taxpayers? Geez!

That's good news! My car was broken into once and tried to steal the CD player but he couldn't do it since it was stuck and he has a hard time getting it out, too bad for him! However, my neighboor, a few weeks later was walking to his car and somebody hit my neighboor in the head with a crowbar and stole his car and I saw him talking to the cop and he was bleeding from the head and he has blood all over his shirt which is scary!!!! Then a month later, I saw a moving van and I asked the neighboor why he is moving and he said that he is moving for the safety of his wife and children and I can't say that I blame him, he never got his honda back so he got another car and I move out of the apartment 3 months later.

:eek2: wow... even wanting to go thru whole trouble just because of this one-time incident (i hope only one-time!)

why would they actually want to steal it? and thanks for the answer ;)

Metal. They steal any metal they can sell - nickel, silver, titanium, whatever. Catalystic Converter contain expensive metal. Construction Sites get frequently robbed. They steal mostly plumbing pipes. damn drug addict thief :rifle:

yeah thats good idea:ty:thanks for your advice... i will do that when i get my new front bumper done! i'm trying to figure how to make my jeep a thiefproof! maybe do some sheetmetal fab under the carriage. :hmm:

dvdfreak- thanks for your advice...:lol: :afro: yeah i would love to put the c4 bomb on my jeep.... also put the sticker on "WARNING: DO NOT STEAL, THE TRUCK IS WIRED WITH A C4 BOMB!":bye: i would be sorry if the fool who tried to steal cant read!!:rofl: then i would get mad at myself for blew my truck up with my roughly 10k spending crawler stuff! :whistle:

Have you ever thought of installing theif deterrant system. It's not an alarm system. It's a simple device that have two relay inside of it. It wired to starter and other wired to ignition system and third wired as an "enabler" like your headlight switch, wiper switch, or any hidden switch. If theif tried to start your car, it won't start at all. If you start, you'll know "secret" spot to enable starter while you turn the ignition. I had one on Mazda 323 w/ theif deterrant. It may have one drawback, The ignition dash will lit on and theif will figure that starter been deterred so he may hotwire starter motor to battery to get car cranked if he had long jumper wire.

Last option, rewire the distrubutor wiring (like + wire) to other switch. Theif can start but it won't runs. He would think that car had bad distuributor or fuel system and ditch it. OR IF you have electric fuel pump system. Do the same. Fuel pump would not pump if hidden switch is off.

That's what I would do to deter theif from taking vehicle except he can steal stuff off from the disable vehicle.

My Durango can get stolen easily because of placement of power lock switch. I got myself locked out of truck at Quicktrip gas station. I had to get it unlocked or else QT will have my truck towed in few hours cuz they need customer to use the gas pump. I asked around even cops to see if they have lock jimmy. They don't have one. So since I was at "Truckstop" QT, I knew there must be something at Truck section of QT. I walked around and spotted 4 ft long thin antenna for $13. I thought it would be a great lock jimmy. I bought it and went to other section of QT and asked for step ladder (cuz my truck is taller than me). I went to my truck and pry the top door trim open as far as 1/2 inches. Without breaking the bubblewrap on brand new 4 ft antenna, I slipped it through and bumped the power lock and finally opened the door. All those process took me 2 min to unlock the door. I was only stuck for 15 minutes and went back to Truck section of QT and got the antenna refunded. The clerk was amazed how quick and smart I am LOL. The Trucker was laughing at me for funny idea. He would do that next time.

So that gave me an idea how easily my truck get stolen if happen. So I decide to modify the ignition system in a way that theif can't start my truck.

MY 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited don't need all those cuz it have built in security system PLUS RFID built in remote keys. If theif made a copy of my key, It'll cranks but won't starts. I experimented by removing chipset from the remote key and start it up, It starts and runs for 2 seconds then died. I placed the chipset close to ignition switch area, I started it and it stays running. If you lose those remote key, it'll cost you $60 to make a copy, Plus reprogramming Jeep's computer to match new RFID.

Catty

wow :gpost: Good details to know. I was dreading myself about buying new car because I've heard some stories that thief can hack into your car with a laptop. The process takes like 20 min or something. To me - it's not worth getting a nice new car because I'll have to worry about every little things. I rather buy a pre-certified car so that I don't have to worry about scratch at parking lot or spilling coke in the car. Slob, I know but I keep my interior clean.

wow :gpost: Good details to know. I was dreading myself about buying new car because I've heard some stories that thief can hack into your car with a laptop. The process takes like 20 min or something. To me - it's not worth getting a nice new car because I'll have to worry about every little things. I rather buy a pre-certified car so that I don't have to worry about scratch at parking lot or spilling coke in the car. Slob, I know but I keep my interior clean.

Yup, that's only if They tried to rob a car that have a "security key" on door or OnStar sysem to start the car without key. My jeep do not have OnStar or "security key" on door. I don't want to own any car that had either one of them. Security key on door had been around back in the 1980's. MY brother DID fiddle around my uncle's car. He managed to guess the door passcode and got the door opened and start the car without key!!!! That's not worth it.

RFID system is much harder to steal because there is no "indicator" to let them know if the ignition is unlocked if thief is low tech. But they can "reprogram" the RFID if they had a copy of key or hacked the ignition switch so it can be turn on, but not starting in order to program with PDA or laptop with RFID "transmitter". That's only if High tech Thief had time to do it at some hidden parking lot where no one is around for more than hour.

Now I saw some expensive car on magazine beginning to have a Biometric system. I wouln't trust that because supposed my fingers, hands were caked with dirt and oil or burned and anything that print become unrecongnized. That's suppose if you were in hurry to go someplace. This Biometric system sucks!! Thief can replace car computer with hacked one to get the car started quickly. To Dealership, No thankyou!!

The only thing that gives thief hell time is by removing ignition, starter, or fuel pump FUSE or make a hidden switch to disable it. I would do that if I had car that are popular to thief.

I used to have 1977 Toyota Corolla with hacked ignition system. The ignition switch was bad so I rewired it to "Missile" switch (switch that you can flip it to middle (on) position and it have return spring inside if you push foward further to start). I didn't care if thief steal my rustbucket, who would!!?? LOL. I have done that on my friend's car by using house switch and push button switch for starting. Other friend's car by using push-pull switch and red "rocket" button for ignition. They love what I do funny thing on their car. I was popular in gossip grapevine. LOL

Catty

Metal. They steal any metal they can sell - nickel, silver, titanium, whatever. Catalystic Converter contain expensive metal. Construction Sites get frequently robbed. They steal mostly plumbing pipes. damn drug addict thief :rifle:
Yeah, people will steal anything... if they know the right buyer for it.

be glad that you dont live in harlem. If so, your car will be gone in less a 12 hours at nightime.

be glad that you dont live in harlem. If so, your car will be gone in less a 12 hours at nightime.

lol... Harlem's pretty safe though. I'd say Newark is what you should be concerned with or Philly... or Camden

Newark.. nah.. i would be concern about Camden...i'll be shot in less 24 hours if i mistaken approach the wrong people.

No no, try Richmond, CA.

an hour away from my local. They'll shootin' at each other when they cross terriorities.

Back