my jeep has been robbed!!!!!!!

Brother Trucker, I'm sorry about what happens with your truck.

Remember to lock the vehicles at all time, no matters if it's safe or not, car theft can be happen in anywhere.

If you have expensive stuff like laptop then hide it in somewhere of truck.

Phoenix has #1 highest car theft in USA, also I found that you moved to Montana? live in apt?

(I had my catalystic converter stolen while my car was parked at a shopping centre. According to my mechanic, he said it is not an easy job to remove a catalystic converter. And, it would take between 30-45 minutes to remove using the right tools unless they cut it off.

Yeah, I think without the catalystic converter, your car would have increased emissions levels. And, it will certainly sounds a lot louder, like a V8 in my case. But, it will run like crap.)

mine was maybe was cut off from jigsaw... its mess cut... but i live in my grandma's farm i should have heard that noise but i didn't...

people steals catalystic converter to sell it. junkyard, local used cars would pay for it $600 to $800 and they dont even care if it was stolen. i want to :rifle: those dumbass.... hope i get the whole stuff back!!!! soon waiting for them call me back to pick the stolen stuff. :pissed:

"Catalytic converter theft

Due to the exterior location and the use of valuable precious metals including platinum, palladium, and rhodium, converters are a target for thieves. The problem is especially common among late-model Toyota trucks and SUVs, due to their high ground clearance and easily-removed bolt-on catalytic converters. Welded-in converters are also at risk of theft from SUVs and trucks, as they can be easily removed with a battery powered reciprocating saw.The saw removal of the converter can often inadvertently damage the car’s wiring or fuel line resulting in dangerous consequences. Rises in metal costs inside the United States during recent years have lead to a large increase in theft incidents of the converter, encouraged in part by a resale price for converters that approaches two hundred dollars."

Found that info on wiki

I got everything back execpt my spare tire wasn't there. I walked in sheriff office and signed the paper to release my stuff... no damages but need order new converter anyways they said need to pay upfront $250 for those. I had been dealing with the sheriff then got end up in jail for 3 hours to cool off my temper. The sheriff release me and I told I don't mind if I have to go back in jail! I won't pay my stolen items the sheriff talked with someone then decide to give my stuff back with no charges.

While dealing with the dumbass cop. He said you need to pay those items or we will sell it. I told him no I want it back but why I have to pay for it. He said pay it to pay the person who recovered the stolen items. I told him no I don't want to pay I want my damn stuff back. The sheriff said well I guess I will put them away to sell it. I got mad then thinking for a bit then asked I want it back with no charges. He said no way. If you don't have no business with us. Please leave. I told him yes I have reason why I came here is to take my damn stuff back!

Another guy came to me to tell me to calm down and leave. I told him you better back off I am dealing with him, not you! Then I turned to the dumbass sheriff.... the guy behind grabbed my arm and cuffed me. I got pissed off and shove the cop on the floor and he let me go then called another 2 cops and tackled me down. One of the guy's hand was by his gun. I told him do it shoot my ass! Thickhead asshole! Then they put me in holding jail and told me to stay for hour and calm down.

My dad came to pick me up. I think the sheriff who cuffed me was head sheriff.. and decide to give my stuff back with no charges... now I can finally listen the radio while driving at work!! Locked my cars everyday

I got everything back execpt my spare tire wasn't there. I walked in sheriff office and signed the paper to release my stuff... no damages but need order new converter anyways they said need to pay upfront $250 for those. I had been dealing with the sheriff then got end up in jail for 3 hours to cool off my temper. The sheriff release me and I told I don't mind if I have to go back in jail! I won't pay my stolen items the sheriff talked with someone then decide to give my stuff back with no charges.

While dealing with the dumbass cop. He said you need to pay those items or we will sell it. I told him no I want it back but why I have to pay for it. He said pay it to pay the person who recovered the stolen items. I told him no I don't want to pay I want my damn stuff back. The sheriff said well I guess I will put them away to sell it. I got mad then thinking for a bit then asked I want it back with no charges. He said no way. If you don't have no business with us. Please leave. I told him yes I have reason why I came here is to take my damn stuff back!

Another guy came to me to tell me to calm down and leave. I told him you better back off I am dealing with him, not you! Then I turned to the dumbass sheriff.... the guy behind grabbed my arm and cuffed me. I got pissed off and shove the cop on the floor and he let me go then called another 2 cops and tackled me down. One of the guy's hand was by his gun. I told him do it shoot my ass! Thickhead asshole! Then they put me in holding jail and told me to stay for hour and calm down.

My dad came to pick me up. I think the sheriff who cuffed me was head sheriff.. and decide to give my stuff back with no charges... now I can finally listen the radio while driving at work!! Locked my cars everyday

They have NO right to sell your stuff, it is yours and it got stolen, I'm glad that you got your stuff at no charge, it's really bullshit!

(I had my catalystic converter stolen while my car was parked at a shopping centre. According to my mechanic, he said it is not an easy job to remove a catalystic converter. And, it would take between 30-45 minutes to remove using the right tools unless they cut it off.

Yeah, I think without the catalystic converter, your car would have increased emissions levels. And, it will certainly sounds a lot louder, like a V8 in my case. But, it will run like crap.)

mine was maybe was cut off from jigsaw... its mess cut... but i live in my grandma's farm i should have heard that noise but i didn't...

people steals catalystic converter to sell it. junkyard, local used cars would pay for it $600 to $800 and they dont even care if it was stolen. i want to :rifle: those dumbass.... hope i get the whole stuff back!!!! soon waiting for them call me back to pick the stolen stuff. :pissed:

Without catalystic converter is violate of EPA law, I think so.

Oh, you lucky got stuff back at no charge.

I wouldn't pay to them and make deal with them like you did.

I had deal with asshole cops in anywhere, got hate it.

sh..t man....you must be feel like stabbed into your heart after you built a jeep then few parts missing man!!

I know how i will feel if it happens to me...

I always left my jeep UNLOCKED with nothing value inside jeep and remove some fuse by brain fuse box so someone cant steal jeep :) its free than pay alarm system LOL!

Glad you got the most stuff back!

I would probadly do the same thing you just did, NOT PAY FOR IT as its MINE stuff, not cops belong these parts!

My advice, weld some bolts/nuts for winch, like tap it between nut and bolt. if you need to remove winch, just use cut off wheel air tool..

Later
YOMAN!

Just some advice, if you don't want your jeep stolen again, what you can do is buy this locking device you put on the steering wheel to keep from your jeep getting stolen and only you can unlock the device from the steeling wheel, my brother used to have that many years ago and it worked good

What about the undercarriage stuff that the thief wanted to steal? NOT the car?

Dop you know what that is? Bomb can just explode the jeep altogether if the person tries to break in? A total loss..

sheriff came here this morning while i was a work... my gf called me and said that the sheriff found a truck (u-haul box truck) full of people"s stuff that the thief stolen from us... we cant get it back for a week... hope i get my stuff back soon!! the thief was driving around.. someone called the police to check him out... luckly sheriff bust his ass before i did :giggle: i talked with my neighbor before going work yesterday.. he said his car radio was stolen too.. broke window just like mine... he was pissed too... the thief was stealing stuff where i live .. about 8 vehicle stuff was stolen... now i need to build a shop in back to park my precious jeep in!!!
You're lucky!

I had a friend whose Jeep (a small Jeep look-a-like) was stolen. The police couldn't find it. A week later, he was walking down the street and found it parked in another neighborhood. He got in and drove back home with it. He called the police and said, "Never mind. I beat you to it."

Just some advice, if you don't want your jeep stolen again, what you can do is buy this locking device you put on the steering wheel to keep from your jeep getting stolen and only you can unlock the device from the steeling wheel, my brother used to have that many years ago and it worked good

The steering lock is a very good deterrent - I use it all the time. But, if a thief wants to steel your car, they will either cut the steering or replace the steering wheel with their own.

I am glad you got most of your stuff back. Good news! :)

I can understand your frustrations though, because it is not fair that the victim has to pay a stupid fee to get back the items that rightfully belongs to them. If anyone should pay, it should be the person who stole the items!

I am also glad that you didn't have to resort to using that shotgun.

Back