My harddrive is FRIED!!

Oh ouchies MonkeyLady....

Hopefully ya will find an good harddrive, for ya to get back on to signature making etc..

~SG~ said:
Oh ouchies MonkeyLady....

Hopefully ya will find an good harddrive, for ya to get back on to signature making etc..

yes yes yes I miss photoshop so I can make signature making etc lol :lol:

I've seen Tigerdirect and Newegg each have drives around 160GB for about $49..... either company is good to order from, I've had great service from both of them.

Hope you're back up and running soon

SimpleMan said:
I've seen Tigerdirect and Newegg each have drives around 160GB for about $49..... either company is good to order from, I've had great service from both of them.

Hope you're back up and running soon

160 GB for about $50 dollar ? sound so cheap!!!!!! lol :lol:

always stick with Seagates
tad slower but robust as
duno about western digital had no experience with them, if id my mates uses it, id use it

Western Digital used to be great one. Now, I consider them average. Not as bad as Maxtor! Hitachi, I think is best brand for now.

Grummer said:
always stick with Seagates
tad slower but robust as
duno about western digital had no experience with them, if id my mates uses it, id use it

cool, yeah i heard vaguely about Hitachi, it brought out IBM, so pinching in IBM's manfacturing of hard drives (IBM claims to be the first to produce hard drives) which means getting the reliability of IBM's. for now they own 70% , they hope to own ALL of IBM's hard drive division in 3 years.....

found a good link for a nice summary as below;

http://www.driveservice.com/bestwrst.htm

Yea, Quality isn't the only issue. There is another issue, I found out that most hard drive manufacturer have set up "restricted" boot sector just to help crybaby Micro$oft thrawt piracy, meaning you won't be able to easily reformatting your hard drive without first contact Micro$oft to verify that your not intended to do piracy business. Hitachi refused to cooperate with them and let the boot sector remain open.

Grummer said:
cool, yeah i heard vaguely about Hitachi, it brought out IBM, so pinching in IBM's manfacturing of hard drives (IBM claims to be the first to produce hard drives) which means getting the reliability of IBM's. for now they own 70% , they hope to own ALL of IBM's hard drive division in 3 years.....

found a good link for a nice summary as below;

http://www.driveservice.com/bestwrst.htm

I talked to my mom about my harddrive today and she said that her best friend's husband will get me one new harddrive OH YEAH!! YAYAYYAYAYA!!!! lol cant wait!!!!!!!!!!! dont know when or sooner or so! lol :lol:

DeafMonkey said:
I talked to my mom about my harddrive today and she said that her best friend's husband will get me one new harddrive OH YEAH!! YAYAYYAYAYA!!!! lol cant wait!!!!!!!!!!! dont know when or sooner or so! lol :lol:

Good news :)
BTW, Can you made me a new signature when you get photoshop in your pc :)

Highlands said:
Good news :)
BTW, Can you made me a new signature when you get photoshop in your pc :)

Yes I would love to make one signature when my computer get back :) .. I dont know how long maybe it might be long cause my mom's best friend's husband is very busy foucs on her work, 3 oldest kids ( One step daughter is finish school and 2 boys still in high school), and others what he doing so I can wait for now cause I got back up the computer which is my sister's computer for a while till my computer get back. Right now my computer of tower is under my table with me.

DeafMonkey said:
Yes I would love to make one signature when my computer get back :) .. I dont know how long maybe it might be long cause my mom's best friend's husband is very busy foucs on her work, 3 oldest kids ( One step daughter is finish school and 2 boys still in high school), and others what he doing so I can wait for now cause I got back up the computer which is my sister's computer for a while till my computer get back. Right now my computer of tower is under my table with me.

Good luck on getting your pc back ,Canadian girl :)
I'll be expecting the return of you with your computer :whistle:

Back