My harddrive is FRIED!!

starrygaze said:
How do you know for sure if it is really fried from what caused?

my mom's best friend's husband already look up my 80 GB try to fix but it is fired cant fix it already fired like burn out.

starrygaze they prolly can hear that the hard drive made bad noises so obivously it is fired.

another thing is that if you try to reload the windows on the fried hard drive. it will not work as it will not come on? you can tell it is fried.

also before i got new green tower.. my old tower the hard drive was going bad.. it made weird noises..whenever i touch the tower i can feel the vibrations..many programs were messed up and not working right. i was like whoa.. so knew its time to get new hard drive.. finally got new hard drive and new tower etc.. now no more noises??? much better. hope this helps.

No Good Maxtor!!!

That right that Maxtor is no good, that what my online friend told me abt....so stay away from that!!

Hey DM.... I know that someone did give u a link for NewEgg.com here u will see all those harddrives.. I am sure u can order from USA, it cheaper that way cuz we do always get order from other countries...even include Canada ... I don't mean my family and I lol but by "WE" means USA! So u can do that!! Since ur computer is made from usa eh? or what? And for that fried....damn I am sorry abt that happened no wonder!! Gosh!

You mean open the hard drive cover? That is the worst thing!!! Once it is open, it is goner! Can't save it, period. Reason? When you open the hard drive, all of the dust goes into it and that is a BIG NO-NO! To open it up, must clean the outside hard drive VERY VERY VERY good, and has to be in super clean room. The room that has almost NO dust in there, that is where you can open it up. Anyway, to better understand why, the gap between the read/write head and the disc looks as if it already touch it, but nope! It does not touch it... only about .0005mm, and the average size of dust is about .0075mm and it can get stuck between the read/write head and the disc and will stratch the disc, in turn ruin the disc! So, NEVER NEVER NEVER attempt to open hard drive to fix it, otherwise your gonna make it alot worse than it is.

DeafMonkey said:
my mom's best friend's husband already look up my 80 GB try to fix but it is fired cant fix it already fired like burn out.

diehardbiker65 said:
You mean open the hard drive cover? That is the worst thing!!! Once it is open, it is goner! Can't save it, period. Reason? When you open the hard drive, all of the dust goes into it and that is a BIG NO-NO! To open it up, must clean the outside hard drive VERY VERY VERY good, and has to be in super clean room. The room that has almost NO dust in there, that is where you can open it up. Anyway, to better understand why, the gap between the read/write head and the disc looks as if it already touch it, but nope! It does not touch it... only about .0005mm, and the average size of dust is about .0075mm and it can get stuck between the read/write head and the disc and will stratch the disc, in turn ruin the disc! So, NEVER NEVER NEVER attempt to open hard drive to fix it, otherwise your gonna make it alot worse than it is.

Whoa!!! I doubt he did that but he was simple look at after removed her computer, not the harddrive, mind u!! I am sure he knew better than that anyway.... he seem to know what he was looking at! I hope!

diehardbiker65 said:

I didnt open .. my mom's best friend's husband know about the comptuer for a years and he did checking from other old computer to see check and no good that he already did tried formatting and everything no good it fired. He know not supposed to open :) that is why I havent hear from him for a weeks that he is trying to look up my 80GB harddrive till it saidc it fired that is all :) But I didnt know that maxtor is no good so I will look up harddrive without maxtor :)

~AngelWolf~ said:
Whoa!!! I doubt he did that but he was simple look at after removed her computer, not the harddrive, mind u!! I am sure he knew better than that anyway.... he seem to know what he was looking at! I hope!

Yeah and also I didnt know maxtor isnt good :) I will watchout NO MAXTOR in harddrive :) that is why make me wonder that I got 3rd time burn out on my other old computer that got twice burn out so I gave it up and get new one till now got fired arghh now next time I want to watch out no maxtor :)

I heard that Hitachi makes best hard drive. This company refused to cooperate with any software companies, thus let users do whatever they want with hard drive. Almost all other hard drive manufacturer kisses Micro$oft ass and other company to lock the boot sector and have limitation built in there. Problem is that Hitachi hard drive is fast selling, hard to get them because they get sold out fast!

diehardbiker65 said:
I heard that Hitachi makes best hard drive. This company refused to cooperate with any software companies, thus let users do whatever they want with hard drive. Almost all other hard drive manufacturer kisses Micro$oft ass and other company to lock the boot sector and have limitation built in there. Problem is that Hitachi hard drive is fast selling, hard to get them because they get sold out fast!

Is Hitachi good one than maxtor??

Now I already google it up on interent see what maxtor look like and ahhh yes my harddrive have maxtor no wondered that is no good. So now I want to make sure no maxtor anymore want to look for good one no more plm, burn out or fired something like that. Cause my fired harddrive for 4 or 5 yrs.

Good luck with finding a new system to use--and that you won't have too much difficulty obtaining one either. ;)

DeafMonkey said:
Is Hitachi good one than maxtor??

Now I already google it up on interent see what maxtor look like and ahhh yes my harddrive have maxtor no wondered that is no good. So now I want to make sure no maxtor anymore want to look for good one no more plm, burn out or fired something like that. Cause my fired harddrive for 4 or 5 yrs.

current hard drive have a shorter average lifespan than it used to in the past because of cheaper production and lower quality parts, so it doesn't last as long as it used to. Seagate or Quantum had the best reliabity records. Maxtor bought out Quantum years ago so I miss their products.

Yup, that is true, if you really want durable, longer run, faster then SCSI is best, but they are PRICEY!!! Need to have SCSI controller in order to have SCSI devices in it.

sequoias said:
current hard drive have a shorter average lifespan than it used to in the past because of cheaper production and lower quality parts, so it doesn't last as long as it used to. Seagate or Quantum had the best reliabity records. Maxtor bought out Quantum years ago so I miss their products.

diehardbiker65 said:
Yup, that is true, if you really want durable, longer run, faster then SCSI is best, but they are PRICEY!!! Need to have SCSI controller in order to have SCSI devices in it.

Yea, I agree with you...also serial ATA is good, too. It's like a cheaper version of SCSI, but not not as competitive as SCSI which is still the best and still pricey.

Western Digital used to be one of best Hard drive but not anymore :( , Seagate is good with SCSI as far as I know.

Back