My harddrive is FRIED!!

DeafMonkey

Reaction score
Some of you remember that my computer is down for 2 months till my mom's best friend's husband just called right now and talked to my 2nd sister and it said my 80 GB harddrive is FRIED!!!! aww dang I cant afford to buy new harddrive :( so my family and I will figure it out to get different harddrive. I am all stuck to use my youngest sister's computer which I cant make my fave photoshop to make anything :(:(:(:( so will still figure it out to get harddrive for my computer.

LuciaDisturbed said:
Awie!

Try tigerdirect.com...maybe you can find a good deal on a hard drive there.

Thanks will figure it out of that site to buy new one but dont knw when which I am on welfare that is sucks!!!!!! lol :lol:

I have had several bad experience with Maxtors, they ususally don't last a year for me. I always leave my PC running 24/7.

DeafMonkey said:
Ohhh I dont know if it make by maxtor :) how come if it is maxtor ?

How about finding a computer geek, and date with him. Im sure he would be more than happy to throw in a hard drive for you, and get your PC up running far better than you'd image! I admit I have done that with all my ex gf, call me sucker if you want to....

diehardbiker65 said:
I have had several bad experience with Maxtors, they ususally don't last a year for me. I always leave my PC running 24/7.

One quick question If I buy a brand new computer from Dell or Gateway or Apple you name it then is it a good idea to leave my computer on 24/7 or is it best to turn my brand new home computer off ?

These are generally Intel based PC, and they SUCKS! Sorry, I love AMD based PC.
It really depends on how often you turn it on and off. The more often you turn it on and off, the parts inside computers gets expanded and contracts and can wear out faster. What I mean is when it turns on, it heats up so everything expands, yes any wires, conductors, etc DO expands, and when you turn off, it cools down and shrinks. These can wear down PC anyway. So, really not that much difference in long run if you leave it on 24/7 or keep it on and off... I just like the convience of just get on my PC and do something than wait for it to boot up.
If your thinking electric bills would be high, not really. I have three PC up and running 24/7 and I got fancy fridge, and other fancy appliances that uses electricity considerable, and my normal electric bills is about 75 a month (This area has the highest electric rate [most expensive] in the USA).

JohnnyE said:
One quick question If I buy a brand new computer from Dell or Gateway or Apple you name it then is it a good idea to leave my computer on 24/7 or is it best to turn my brand new home computer off ?

You can use "sleep" program on your computer to keep it cool and leave it running 7/24. It will help your hard drive live a bit longer. Plus save a little energy too.

diehardbiker65 said:

maxtors that can damages in several times?>

diehardbiker65 said:
How about finding a computer geek, and date with him. Im sure he would be more than happy to throw in a hard drive for you, and get your PC up running far better than you'd image! I admit I have done that with all my ex gf, call me sucker if you want to....

eh ? :dunno: :lol:

DeafMonkey said:
Some of you remember that my computer is down for 2 months till my mom's best friend's husband just called right now and talked to my 2nd sister and it said my 80 GB harddrive is FRIED!!!! aww dang I cant afford to buy new harddrive :( so my family and I will figure it out to get different harddrive. I am all stuck to use my youngest sister's computer which I cant make my fave photoshop to make anything :(:(:(:( so will still figure it out to get harddrive for my computer.

I'm sorry to hear that :(
a 80 GB hardrive can be bought at 48 US$ and it should be a little cheaper in North America ( I live in Europe ) .. you can try to have a second hand drive from some computer shops as well ... Good luck , my canadian friend :)

Back