My appt with ENT

Thanks! It take time...now I start got some voices but not so clear yet. For example, when ya wore HA and batteries are dying...trying to get the sound...that's what sound like. I feel like that my batteries are dying but they are not. GRIN!

so I'll let my Audiologists know on Thurs am. And to adjust the sounds etc.

Sounds like your audie set your map very low. When I first got activated I could only hear female voices but not men's. After a few day I could hear men's voice but they were very soft! Now I can hear both women's and men's voices just fine!

This coming Sunday will be my first month of activation. At first turn on everyone voices sound like a high pitch whisper. My first 4 programs were all volume maps. I am beginning to understand more of the voices on TV without captions. This is very good from someone that was prelingually deafened and learning to speak English was once of the hardest things I ever done. I am starring to work with different processor speeds in an attempt to make music sound something other than noise. I am very happy that I progress quite well in the first month.

Thanks! It take time...now I start got some voices but not so clear yet. For example, when ya wore HA and batteries are dying...trying to get the sound...that's what sound like. I feel like that my batteries are dying but they are not. GRIN!

so I'll let my Audiologists know on Thurs am. And to adjust the sounds etc.

Yea it is so low...I will have her to adjust it on Thursday. So far not too bad. :)

Mostly I can hear click such as signal in car, sk2, pen, etc. I am sure on m next mapping will be improve somehow. :)

Sounds like your audie set your map very low. When I first got activated I could only hear female voices but not men's. After a few day I could hear men's voice but they were very soft! Now I can hear both women's and men's voices just fine!

Updates!

Lately I've been wearing it...in the background, it's hard to explain but it sound like "EEEEE" is that normal? But after few minutes wearing CI, it went gone.

I could hear more and more sounds but it is so low. I heard DHB rubbing his hands, balloon hissing, when I lite the gas stove-I can hear click!, I can hear fade voices but not very clear, TV but still not clear, not sure what else. Oh yea...heater in my Jeep...

I will go back for another mapping this Thursday morning at 8 30. I'll be sure to let Audiologist know what I've hear lately. I'll be sure to write it down hee! I guess it would be helpful.

Lately I've been wearing it...in the background, it's hard to explain but it sound like "EEEEE" is that normal? But after few minutes wearing CI, it went gone.

I could hear more and more sounds but it is so low. I heard DHB rubbing his hands, balloon hissing, when I lite the gas stove-I can hear click!, I can hear fade voices but not very clear, TV but still not clear, not sure what else. Oh yea...heater in my Jeep...

I will go back for another mapping this Thursday morning at 8 30. I'll be sure to let Audiologist know what I've hear lately. I'll be sure to write it down hee! I guess it would be helpful.

i had the same problem! lol...
a few times my rechargable battery went dead :squint: and my "aunt sue" was mocking me... cuz i should have carried disposable batteries with me ... it was loud and all that... then all of a sudden it WENT DEAD! (meaning time to change the rechargable battery WITH NO WARNING! :squint: unlike the disposable batteries where it says H1 (meaning you have to change the batteries which is nice! :thumb: ) .... i keep forgetting to bring extra batteries with me.. :lol:

I used to get that in the first month or so of wearing my CI - sort of a high pitched static sound? Anyway it eventually disappeared. Come to think of it what program speed are you on? I think that I experienced it at higher speed of 2400hz but not at lower speeds. Often they start you off on a higher program speed to get you up and running and then gradually decrease it as required. Everything sounded much better and clearer the slower I dropped. I'm at 900hz now :)

I could hear more and more sounds but it is so low.

Sounds like you are ready for a new map already :) Your brain is probably looking for more volume now.

Thanks! :) I am sure I'll pick some sounds and maybe some words. Who knows. I know it take times! :)

I used to get that in the first month or so of wearing my CI - sort of a high pitched static sound? Anyway it eventually disappeared. Come to think of it what program speed are you on? I think that I experienced it at higher speed of 2400hz but not at lower speeds. Often they start you off on a higher program speed to get you up and running and then gradually decrease it as required. Everything sounded much better and clearer the slower I dropped. I'm at 900hz now :)

Is that interesting. I am finding that a higher speed at 1200 cleaner that the 900 speed. In my clinic they usually start at 900.

Is that interesting. I am finding that a higher speed at 1200 cleaner that the 900 speed. In my clinic they usually start at 900.

Theres no rhyme or reason is there! At my friends clinic they start even lower at 250 for those born deaf and then work up. However for late deafened people they start at 2400. At my clinic we all start at 2400. So different clinics seem to have different policies. I just found that I could hear more sounds at 900 and the quality is good too to the point where I can now use a cell phone.

I am going to my 2nd mapping today at 8 30. So I hope the roads are better than yesterday otherwise I'll drive slow poke! LOL! My son have no school again so he'll come with me. So he can get an idea how it work. :)

wow, I'm glad that you are happy to learn how to develop with hearing the sounds... :thumb:

Back from my appt

GOSH! What a damn bad traffic!!!! It took me almost an hour to get to Audiologists office! So I took back road and got there 25 minutes late. Thank god for SK2! I called the dr's office and let them know that I am stuck on the road!

Dr. Hogan was amazed how much I can pick up the sound with low sounds. I told her it was "fade". So she increased a little more and now I can voices but not 100% clear yet. She set all 4 programs.

So far I was puzzled where the sound come from...so I looked at the keys and hold it for a sec or so. Then let it go...ahhh that was the sound that I was puzzled earlier!

There are more I am not sure where that come from. So I'll be patient and give myself a time. :)

Other than that the appt went well! I will go again on March 1st. :thumb:

oops I didnt see this topic...

LakeTahoe.. Glad things going great for you.. im glad you are updating with all of us.. It's enjoy to read other success Ci users too :)

Wendy

Lake Tahoe:

I got a bit behind on reading in here....I am so glad you recuperated nicely from the implant surgery. And now, you're going for your mappings and doing so well from it! I am happy for you!! :)

Last edited:
Sorry about off topic.

Lucia, Does Medicaid will pay me when go to see ENT? I just want go here instead of regular doctor because they are more detailed and more offers like better care of colds, sore throat and sinus but if first treatment isn't solved or getting sick again after few days.

You can PM her instead on this. Thanks.

Sorry about off topic.

Lucia, Does Medicaid will pay me when go to see ENT? I just want go here instead of regular doctor because they are more detailed and more offers like better care of colds, sore throat and sinus but if first treatment isn't solved or getting sick again after few days.

Thanks...I can hear more and more now. :) And still learning more! :)

Lake Tahoe:

I a bit behind on reading in here....I am so glad you recuperated nicely from the implant surgery. And now, you're going for your mappings and doing so well from it! I am happy for you!! :)

Back