My 5 1/2 years old Toyota Corolla's headlight lens

wow.... what a poorly designed headlight. It's very easy to remove headlight from my 1999 Saab.

removing bumper just to remove headlight? get outta here. I'd fire design team.

Yup. I agree with you, fire the design team. My 2005 Dodge Durango and formerly 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport headlight are well designed and just three bolts on easy spot removes headlights very easily. I like it and it's a quick job for me to swap out headlight bulbs.

Catty

Yes.
Yeah, I have seen other cars have similar problem, too, like mine. You mentioned that the plastic surface on the outside is oxidized and has UV damage. I didn't know that. Interesting. Well, I guess I am still learning every day. OK, I will ask the mechanic to have a look at them. (I don't want to do it myself.. Let the mechanic to do his job... )
Thanks so much, Green427!!!

Anytime...

You can do it yourself if you and/or someone in your household knows how to handle a drill & polish surfaces.

Here is a video with captions:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t1RBw0IGXA]YouTube - 3M[/ame]

Anytime...

You can do it yourself if you and/or someone in your household knows how to handle a drill & polish surfaces.

YouTube - 3M

Yeah, I know but unfortunately, I don't have this kind of drill and also, I don't have a garage except a storage shed, either. (It's too cold outside doing it myself... LOL.. I am still looking a townhouse with two car garages, no luck.. ) I wish I have those. Thanks, though.

Cleaning headlights is super easy. Plastic headlights are much, much easier than glass

Get this....Car Care Products: Car Waxes to Leather Cleaners, Meguiar's the Leader in Car and Surface Care since 1901
Put some elbow grease into it and it will they come very clean. Once you are done be sure to apply a few coats of wax to the lights so they dont haze over quickly. Everytime you clean your car apply a coat of wax to the lights, they will probably never haze again..................FWIW I polish headlights on cars for friends and family.

If you have any questions PM me

Anytime...

YouTube - 3M

I've repaired my friend's hazed headlight lens. He bought it from auto shop (you also can find one big silver packet at Walmart where headlight bulbs located, it's the same what I used). It takes 15 min each to repair headlight lens. It consists liquid abrasive, scrubbing towels, superfine sandpapers (two different grits), liquid sealer (it clears up headlight lens). The only thing you need is enough water and paper towels to do the jobs.

It did removed yellow haze and cleared up headlight. It saved my friend $400 replacement that he don't need. Few weeks later, I asked him what he think of it. He said it was super!!! See in dark so much better!!

Catty

Foggy headlight lens

Your problem may look like it is on the inside but 90% of the time its on the outside. Toyotas lens are one of the worst and will fog after only 2-3 years. There is a new product called 60 Second Lens Restorer that will clean them in under 1 minute per lens using a clean cloth to apply. You won't need a three step process or any equipment to solve the problem. I have seen it work on Toyotas, Hondas, and Nissans a thousand times and its unreal how it works. It also won't harm your paint or chrome on your car. If you shoot me an email I will forward you the info. It costs between $15-20 dollars and it is worth it.

Your problem may look like it is on the inside but 90% of the time its on the outside. Toyotas lens are one of the worst and will fog after only 2-3 years. There is a new product called 60 Second Lens Restorer that will clean them in under 1 minute per lens using a clean cloth to apply. You won't need a three step process or any equipment to solve the problem. I have seen it work on Toyotas, Hondas, and Nissans a thousand times and its unreal how it works. It also won't harm your paint or chrome on your car. If you shoot me an email I will forward you the info. It costs between $15-20 dollars and it is worth it.

Thats just a quick fix. I know first hand. If you want to actually remove the haze/yellowing you have to buff the headlight with an abrasive and remove just a little bit of the plastic.

I can use some cheapo headlight cleaner, but I can tell you first hand that the haze will be back within weeks, if not days.

If you have access to a cordless drill, watch this tutorial. Its the easiest way for a beginner to do the job. If you really want to clean some headlights, I can show you how but its not for beginners

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggO4G0iEcnk&feature=related]YouTube - How To Clean and Polish Your Plastic Headlights[/ame]

Last week, I took my car to the shop because the light came on, to tell me that it's time to change oil, etc, which they did but I forgot to ask them to check the plastic headlights for me. Aaaahhhhhh.. *I am screaming!* LOL... Also, they forgot to put the air filter. Grrrrr.. I will do it myself anyway.

Last week, I took my car to the shop because the light came on, to tell me that it's time to change oil, etc, which they did but I forgot to ask them to check the plastic headlights for me. Aaaahhhhhh.. *I am screaming!* LOL... Also, they forgot to put the air filter. Grrrrr.. I will do it myself anyway.

I think the light on is "MAINT REQ'D". Am I correct? You forget again. Next time you tie robbin thread or string on the steering wheel or somewhere to remind you. Of course, I sometime forget to put the air filter or cabin air filter in the customer's car, like every mechanics in anywhere.

I think the light on is "MAINT REQ'D". Am I correct? You forget again. Next time you tie robbin thread or string on the steering wheel or somewhere to remind you. Of course, I sometime forget to put the air filter or cabin air filter in the customer's car, like every mechanics in anywhere.

Yes, you are correct. Yeah, I should. :lol:
I will put the air filter when the weather is nice.. and warm. Right now, we are having snow. So, I better wait till next week.
I will bring my car in a month or so, it depends how much I am driving. I travel a lot. My car has about 260,000 miles.

Yes, you are correct. Yeah, I should. :lol:
I will put the air filter when the weather is nice.. and warm. Right now, we are having snow. So, I better wait till next week.
I will bring my car in a month or so, it depends how much I am driving. I travel a lot. My car has about 260,000 miles.

260K miles on it? Oh dang, you must be a good car keeper.

Page not found.

Some Japanese cars are made in the USA.

Glenn, you say "Some" is no. There are lot lot lot Japanese vehicles are made in North America. But I like your word "Some" is Some Japanese cars (Hondas) are made in the UK.

Not really. Looks up most japanese cars's VIN and you will surprised.

Honda - Factory Virtual Tour

I think it's funny to see that most America cars made in Canada, Mexico, and some Europe.
:laugh2:

My Honda was made in Canada.

There are SOME Nissans made in Tennessee, Mitsubishi cars made in Indiana, BMW and Mercedes made in Alabama, few Toyotas made in California, etc. Other Toyotas made in Tennessee, Hondas made in Ohio and other places. I learned some of that from working at Enterprise Rent a Car

I know Toyota makes the Corolla and Tacoma in the USA. I know some other Japanese brands do the same kind of thing.

The Japan disaster shouldn't affect these operations.

Back