MVP = Mobile Video Phone

I'm interested in a VP... but I would rather have a MVP... something I can use at home and out of the house. It's like I said about my cell phone. I have a cell phone that I can use at home and out of the house. So, there's no need for a normal house phone.

So, I want a MVP that I can use at home and out of the house and not have a normal need for a home VP. :)

Then, why don't you trying a VPAD, it's only cost about $99

I'm interested in a VP... but I would rather have a MVP... something I can use at home and out of the house. It's like I said about my cell phone. I have a cell phone that I can use at home and out of the house. So, there's no need for a normal house phone.

So, I want a MVP that I can use at home and out of the house and not have a normal need for a home VP. :)

Great!. I work for Purple. I need to discuss with you for making app't to set up it. Contact me in PM.

I am curious to ask : Why soo many videophones competitin' against each other ? Of course, some are free and some are not.

Now, I am wonderin' WHICH videophone is the BEST ?

I did ask one deaf woman ( I will not name the person for confidential reason ) about the " purple " ( MVP ) why it provides deaf people free. She explained it to me the reason it was given out for free, is because WHEN and IF, your MVP has a problem with somethin' like poor picture or network -- it will take you a while for them to come and help you to get it fixed. Deaf people want it for free and they can't complaint for their poor service, but wait patiently for them to come and get it fixed.

If, you buy " Z " or Viable at the price of $ 99, then you will get the best service. If, you had a problem with it, they will be able to help you shortly rather than to wait.

It's HARD for me to decide which one I should get. Too many videophones. I even had my own Sorensen VP200 and it stays home. I would like to have a videophone that I can take with me for travel.

I am curious to ask : Why soo many videophones competitin' against each other ? Of course, some are free and some are not.

It's HARD for me to decide which one I should get. Too many videophones. I even had my own Sorensen VP200 and it stays home. I would like to have a videophone that I can take with me for travel.

Which is best ? HMMM:hmm: I think that is like comparing apples and oranges. Some hearing have landline phone at home with answering machine and cellphone for constant talking. Same goes for the deaf. With vp200 , it can stay at home and having a mvp would be great for travel and out of house communication. Even if this means using more then one VRS, then so be it. ( no need to blah blah you can use one vrs on all vp's this is not the point). We deafies need the same option as well. We need to be able to call out from anywhere and stay in touch with anyone. RIGHT everyone ?! :P

I did ask one deaf woman ( I will not name the person for confidential reason ) about the " purple " ( MVP ) why it provides deaf people free. She explained it to me the reason it was given out for free, is because WHEN and IF, your MVP has a problem with somethin' like poor picture or network -- it will take you a while for them to come and help you to get it fixed. Deaf people want it for free and they can't complaint for their poor service, but wait patiently for them to come and get it fixed.

If, you buy " Z " or Viable at the price of $ 99, then you will get the best service. If, you had a problem with it, they will be able to help you shortly rather than to wait.

I am your videophone critic, would you like me to explain the differences and the benefits of the videophones?

fire away. did you have hand on experience with MVP?

No, I do not have experience with the MVP yet but I have read some resources but I can not mention it in here just yet.

Sure, just shoot me! :lol: I am all eyes. :P

The "Z" is not what I expected, I have never seen it yet either but from the resources what I have read, it is pretty basic video phone, the Z is portable, it has Wifi, but can't say much here since I don't have the device.

Viable VPAD, I have the original VPAD, which is the first videophone released by Viable Inc. When I first got it, it was a good tool, some people get the defected VPADs, I have two defected videophones, which I can not be able to return for unknown reasons. The con of the VPAD is that it has the lack of Wifi feature, but it can be added as an option with a USB wireless adaptor - but despite to one USB port available to the device, if the touchscreen was not matching to your liking - a USB mouse would have been in the USB port unless you have a USB Mulit hub box, which adds the hassle of many wires.
Unfortunately, it has lack of internet browser, where it leaves a bit of an hassle when trying to connect by hotspot at any coffee store, McDonald's etc.

The pro of the VPAD is that the video calling to other videophones, it can be any which is good, and you can control the speed of the internet, if you get a static, you can control the speed kbs, in the options menu during a call.
The lights on VPAD is very good, very strong, and you can even get the option to get the other person's attenion by flashing their light, which the SVRS VP 200 have, but it is only applies to VPAD to VPAD, if the person gets distracted.

Otherwise, by the owner of VPAD+, the features are much better, it now have Videomail, wifi integrated and 2 USB ports, where you can connect with keyboard and mouse, connect the VPAD+ to a bigger screen by RCA (that applies to the VPAD as well) which gives you a bigger option by a bigger screen. The VPAD+ have bluetooth feature. But unfortunately, still lack of battery included. Needs to be plugged to an power.

But in my opinion of views, the MVP from Purple Communications would be better overall the total. We'll see...

JClark, thank you for your opinion. What do you think of VP200? I know its out for a while, I would like your opinion on this.

I finally have a hand-on demo from one of the HOVRS trainer, and I do think its a nice device. I think it is a bit bulky when docking in a dock station, but without it, its nice. I am impressed with the feature it offer (Purple Mail, I think its awesome that if you are not by MVP and it recorded message, it will send to your email, in .wmv format). I am curious to how they will handle the high load once MVP is out.

Unfortunately, I do not own VP200 since I am not in the U.S.A but I have a friend who owns it, sometimes I get jealous which VP200 is a good device for the home purposes only sometimes people want to move it to the kitchen so he/she can communicate while cooking, that's one of the cons, but it is for the best to be a main videophone of the house. Alot of people prefers a videophone that can be moveable within the wireless range. You know what I mean?

No, I do not have experience with the MVP yet but I have read some resources but I can not mention it in here just yet.

The "Z" is not what I expected, I have never seen it yet either but from the resources what I have read, it is pretty basic video phone, the Z is portable, it has Wifi, but can't say much here since I don't have the device.

Viable VPAD, I have the original VPAD, which is the first videophone released by Viable Inc. When I first got it, it was a good tool, some people get the defected VPADs, I have two defected videophones, which I can not be able to return for unknown reasons. The con of the VPAD is that it has the lack of Wifi feature, but it can be added as an option with a USB wireless adaptor - but despite to one USB port available to the device, if the touchscreen was not matching to your liking - a USB mouse would have been in the USB port unless you have a USB Mulit hub box, which adds the hassle of many wires.
Unfortunately, it has lack of internet browser, where it leaves a bit of an hassle when trying to connect by hotspot at any coffee store, McDonald's etc.

The pro of the VPAD is that the video calling to other videophones, it can be any which is good, and you can control the speed of the internet, if you get a static, you can control the speed kbs, in the options menu during a call.
The lights on VPAD is very good, very strong, and you can even get the option to get the other person's attenion by flashing their light, which the SVRS VP 200 have, but it is only applies to VPAD to VPAD, if the person gets distracted.

Otherwise, by the owner of VPAD+, the features are much better, it now have Videomail, wifi integrated and 2 USB ports, where you can connect with keyboard and mouse, connect the VPAD+ to a bigger screen by RCA (that applies to the VPAD as well) which gives you a bigger option by a bigger screen. The VPAD+ have bluetooth feature. But unfortunately, still lack of battery included. Needs to be plugged to an power.

But in my opinion of views, the MVP from Purple Communications would be better overall the total. We'll see...

Ahh, alright. I get it now. I have a several deaf friends who does have their own MVP. One of them did show me what it looks like. It looks really cool! Very light and easy to carry around. They told me that the MVP is the best on the top of all.

Do you have MVP link where I can compare it to other videophones ? :ty:

Maria, there is no link to the MVP comparison between other videophones just yet.

let you knoe mvp should be in ur likely because they say that mvp should be very very clear and so smooting not like what u see vp 200

let you knoe mvp should be in ur likely because they say that mvp should be very very clear and so smooting not like what u see vp 200

VP200 s sensor is low light condition. MVP s sensor is no low light condition. should adjust lighting setting on MVP and must use bright lamp for it.

LOL Sorry I had to bring this up cuz this is so freaking funny when I was reading the whole thing. This is making me want to make some popcorn and watch the whole drama unfold. Just like you reading the book looking shocked. You are so cool and funny. LOL

Back