Multiple VP setup

Oh ok, let you know that i really, really hate their word " SOON " we would like to know WHEN like sayin, May 25, 2009 by 6:00 pm Central Time! That's what we like to hear :)

:lol: many customers hate "soon" when will they go MVP.

the mvp outreach representaive told me that i need wait for mvp because the new firmware is going release this week or in few weeks. he will setup once the tech support give him a instruction for port forwarding on the mvp. it look like it going be interesting for multiple vp :)

the mvp outreach representaive told me that i need wait for mvp because the new firmware is going release this week or in few weeks. he will setup once the tech support give him a instruction for port forwarding on the mvp. it look like it going be interesting for multiple vp :)

Right, Nathan and I who work for purple, have learned instruction for port forwarding on router.

Basically from what I can think of the setup. Take a look of the proposed setup below.

Correct me If I am wrong.

proposedsetupa.jpg

I am wondering about this one for my two questions. Does this secure your network from someone hack in your line?

I thought that a router is a part of a firewall. A switch is just like a dumb network with no security. Am I correct?

I am wondering about this one for my two questions. Does this secure your network from someone hack in your line?

I thought that a router is a part of a firewall. A switch is just like a dumb network with no security. Am I correct?

Correct. Nothing to worry about no secure for VP200. Computer go thru router then everything fine. Remember some modems have built-in firewall.

hey chevy57 and nathan, i am curious, how long you have been work for purple? my second question is When did you get port forwarding by first place? by purple or someone found the number between port?

Correct. Nothing to worry about no secure for VP200. Computer go thru router then everything fine. Remember some modems have built-in firewall.

But, this VP200, on the diagram, has no firewall because of the switch. I think that someone can hack in even it does not matter if your VP's 2nd red led is off that could active your videophone online without your knowledge. Highlander, what do you think about that?

But, this VP200, on the diagram, has no firewall because of the switch. I think that someone can hack in even it does not matter if your VP's 2nd red led is off that could active your videophone online without your knowledge. Highlander, what do you think about that?

mmm that should be interesting question..i hopefully highlander got the answer that what you want know and hear for it :)

hey chevy57 and nathan, i am curious, how long you have been work for purple? my second question is When did you get port forwarding by first place? by purple or someone found the number between port?

I have been worked for purple in one year since february 2008. No, you will get update firmware download in your mvp then will set up new port forwarding setting on your router and disenable DMZ.

New firmware update on mvp and set up new port forwarding in your home wireless router only. Not wifi hotspot like coffee shop, hotel. etc. You MVP could be either on Ethernet or WiFi on this router in your home.

You said not wifi hotspot in coffee shop or hotel, that's mean we can't use MVP in coffee shop or hotel anymore?

No matter and never will happen with VP200.

You said not wifi hotspot in coffee shop or hotel, that's mean we can't use MVP in coffee shop or hotel anymore?

He is awful confused person.

Let clear.

Static IP mode for home only

DHCP mode for anywhere like hotspot, hotel, etc.

I have question. I have switchbox and set up everything. One problem is that I can't get my MVP to work, but the VP200 works fine as I tested call my VP200 with my MVP. The VP200 light rings and I know it's working. I tried to call my MVP with my VP200 and nothing happening. Does anyone know what I need to check out on the DLINK config site? I know it's 192.168.0.1
Which Tab to I need to go to Setup, Advance or Tools to find out why I can't get my MVP to work. I can call out, but can't receive calls on my MVP.
Any Suggestion??

Back