Multiple VP setup

deafaussie

Reaction score
Good morning AD'ers

I recall of the thread discussion about setting up two or more VPs in home and will be able to use full function in receiving and calling out, providing that there is a multiple PUBLIC IP addresses from internet service provider.

Well, I got two PUBLIC IP addresses and I will intend to use one IP for sharing computers and MVP through my router and another one for dedicated VP-200. The question is how can I setup using my Dlink DIR-655 Router.

I do not think my router is capable of using multiple public IP addresses?

Advice?

John

Your right, however you can set up and use switch to split up multiple VP

Modem to switch, that is where you can get more than 1 Public IP address, comparing to if set Modem to router, your stuck with one public IP address.

DHB

Good morning AD'ers

I recall of the thread discussion about setting up two or more VPs in home and will be able to use full function in receiving and calling out, providing that there is a multiple PUBLIC IP addresses from internet service provider.

Well, I got two PUBLIC IP addresses and I will intend to use one IP for sharing computers and MVP through my router and another one for dedicated VP-200. The question is how can I setup using my Dlink DIR-655 Router.

I do not think my router is capable of using multiple public IP addresses?

Advice?

John

So it has to be a SWITCH not a HUB?

I am considering of going for hub because of low cost, A switch is just an 'hub with a routing intelligence'

So it has to be a SWITCH not a HUB?

I am considering of going for hub because of low cost, A switch is just an 'hub with a routing intelligence'

DONT USE HUB! It's outdate hardware and lot issue with collisions.

Switch is very cheap.

D-Link - 5-Port 10/100 Ethernet Switch - DES-1105

$22.99
Use bestbuy if you like

Newegg.com - D-Link DES-1105 10/100Mbps Desktop Switch 5 x RJ45 2K MAC Address Table 64KB Buffer Memory - Switches
$18.99
IF you like to order from newegg.com and it's cheap and free shipping.

Right, Highlands

Last several years ago, several I former worked for Sorenson to install one d-link DSS-5+ switch (old model) and one or two D-link DI-604 router (old model) for two Sorenson VPs in two different IP addresses. Working prefect in using both VP. extra pay for other public IP address between $5 and $10.

So far, I know only 3 DSL gateway modem can do multiple public IP address and they are very tricky. And it is called block, usually comes in with 5 IP addresses.

Only one cable gateway modem can do multiple public IP addresses. The rest of dummy modem can handle as many as they want.

diehard is correct.

Mostly DSL is modem built-in router.

So far, I know only 3 DSL gateway modem can do multiple public IP address and they are very tricky. And it is called block, usually comes in with 5 IP addresses.

Only one cable gateway modem can do multiple public IP addresses. The rest of dummy modem can handle as many as they want.

I don't know that. Thank for tell me.

Basically from what I can think of the setup. Take a look of the proposed setup below.

Correct me If I am wrong.

proposedsetupa.jpg

I saw his s image this afternoon but it s disappeared. wierd

The pic is a blue print drawing of a network setup. Maybe Sorenson or Purple dont want it there. :dunno:

Most did correct here (switch and such)...

just beware of 655 itself: I was told that numbers of other customers had difficulties with their routers, DIR-655 in large part because of calls that its speed overwhelming others' ends (backward)... 655 is too fast!

Yet several ones works ok with 655, however so maybe yours works out ok, if not you could change the router.

I don't see the picture either, it seems to be mystery disappeared. :dunno:

I finally got deafaussie s image this morning . Can you see it?

Back