MSNBC: Texas to let teachers bring guns to school

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you have the 2nd Amendment. Cherish it.
oh yes yes I am indeed.. right here in my drawer :cool2: I haven't touched it in 3 weeks so your comment about USA glorifying guns and gun violence is ridiculous. You're probably picturing majority of American gun owners as some stupid trigger-happy rednecks waving their guns around, shooting at beer cans. or worse - a Texan Minuteman with a belt buckle size of the WWF Championship shooting down any illegal trepassing on his property. :roll:

Sounds like you need another whipping from her.
lame comeback but sure bring it on :cool2:

I want to know when terps can pack heat on the job. :)

oh yes yes I am indeed.. right here in my drawer :cool2: I haven't touched it in 3 weeks so your comment about USA glorifying guns and gun violence is ridiculous. You're probably picturing majority of American gun owners as some stupid trigger-happy rednecks waving their guns around, shooting at beer cans. or worse - a Texan Minuteman with a belt buckle size of the WWF Championship shooting down any illegal trepassing on his property. :roll:

Oh my god, how did you know what I was thinking? :laugh2:

Again, cherish the 2nd amendment while we still have it. ;)

Kids bring gun and shooting. Teachers are defenseless. Parents still could sue.

Really?? That is true??

sure why not? I'm not surprised. They'd sue for not providing sufficient security and safety for their kids... or some other ridiculous reason they can think of :hmm:

Use other "minor weapons" than just guns (i can't think of name something is less dangerous weapon...).
Why?

- teachers may want to stop a shooter but they can be make an accident by killing/harming a non-shooter student.
- I dont trust teachers, what if teachers are in a soury moody and go insane, and to harm students?
- what if teachers are too depressing and shoot their heads at school?
- What if students steal teachers' guns?
- Many reasons I can list it and go on.

It's just totally a bad idea, imo.

It would gone the same thing as police, security or whatever in the campus.

sure why not? I'm not surprised. They'd sue for not providing sufficient security and safety for their kids... or some other ridiculous reason they can think of :hmm:

Well I am not gonna do that.

You guys entitled on your opinion. I rest my case... but thanks for comments. Peace. :3

That's a problem if you, deafie, visit in your old school, someone scold at you for not allowing inside the school when you are walking in and not aware of what's going on so he has to pull out his gun and shoot you. What are you going to do about it?

nothing is effective anyway. The point is - being able to defend yourself and your students against psycho school schooter. Want me to read you a story of how VT professor died protecting his students?

The point is being an individual and not being a member of a collective - i.e., a community. The message is: "You are not one of us and, therefore, we shall dispose of you. Amongst those others, I shall not employ the same standard. Really, I'm looking out for myself and, yes, it is myself that is more important that getting to the root of the problem."

What hell do you intend to unleash?

Oh, I don't want the teachers to carry the guns to school either, because guns itself is very dangerous to carry around. Same with the student, I learn from some of the movies that a person become fantasized and fell in love with the guns that it would make the person go crazy or go nuts. The student who brought the gun to school have a very serious psychology problem with himself or herself and need to see the head doctor (psychatrist, not sure about spelling). If I were a teacher, I am suppose to be concentrating on teaching the kids but if the kid or any other kids show the guns, then I would be nervous and pretty upset about that. There is nothing we could do except to obey what the student want in order to save our lives. I know it is not easy but no guns for teachers. We need security guards and electronic devices to check out their weapons whether it is guns, knives, or any other dangerous weapons like baseball bats.

This is why I don't like wars, violences and killing that make no sense when someone is soooo crazy and gone banana. They could not tell different between reality and fantasy in their mind. Gawd, what is coming next in our world? :Ohno:

except if the professor or student has CCW gun.

Your perception belies your position. My question belied my position. Still, you have not fulfilled the question: when you create a battlefield, how else can you expect?

I will defend myself. How can anyone teach a student, within that atmosphere, anything but to be a soldier to fight wars beyond living circumstance? Are we, purposedly, being trained for something other than to be educated citizens?

That's a problem if you, deafie, visit in your old school, someone scold at you for not allowing inside the school when you are walking in and not aware of what's going on so he has to pull out his gun and shoot you. What are you going to do about it?

make no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back