MSNBC: Texas to let teachers bring guns to school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool......I have no problem with it, anyway.

Good news. Ban on ownership of gun just overruled by Supreme Court in DC.

Let s hope that other states will follow.

I am not allowing the teachers to get one because, one day, they get very crabby or very moody and wanting to hurt someone in a classroom without thinking. That would be their grave mistake.

It is really okay for homeowners to have a gun for their protection. It won't be a guarantee for the police to show up on time. A gun owner has to make a fast decision because it's 50/50 risk when someone break in the house.

I am not allowing the teachers to get one because, one day, they get very crabby or very moody and wanting to hurt someone in a classroom without thinking. That would be their grave mistake.

It is really okay for homeowners to have a gun for their protection. It won't be a guarantee for the police to show up on time. A gun owner has to make a fast decision because it's 50/50 risk when someone break in the house.

I would put more trust in Teachers who are required to have degree more than students who are more likely to fantasize the school setting to be "Doom" environment.

Oh, yeah. Armed teachers is the solution.:roll:

yea like it's any better than armed security guards, fenced property, and metal detectors. This does not mean most teachers will get it. Now that it's legalized - it will show the students (or potential shooters) that teachers may or may not be armed... this will reduce the chance of school shooting.

Same principle for putting a sign on mass transits especially airplanes - "THIS AIRLINE MAY BE PATROLLED BY UNDERCOVER AIR MARSHALS" or something like that. I don't know the exact phrasing.

yea it's any better than armed security guards, fenced property, and metal detectors

Are you saying they are not effective deterrents?

Children already fantasizing that school is a "Doom" environment will, for sure, believe it now with the teachers armed and ready.

I thought tasering was an alternative embraced by even armed police officers. Or would teachers used them a bit too often?

"Now, son, if you don't score one for the team, I'll be forced to defend the school."

taser vs. gun. guess who loses?

Do u not agree with teachers have the right to protect themselves from crazy students? It is better to prevent something than allow it to happen. Remember teachers aren't force to own guns but rather to have choice to have guns.

If I m teacher, I would own guns in order to take control of the situation rather than waiting for cops to come or have someone get killed.

Why is it that you refuse to answer a direct question?

Yep I can see it now. No, Johnny, that's the wrong damned answer AGAIN!:rl:

If a kid was killed or wounded by a teacher with a gun, it's simple that the parents can sue the school and the town.

If that happens, we will be forced to pay more money on our car insurance. For instance, a lawsuit (priest's abuse/molestation on children in 1970's) won the case a couple of years ago. The insurance company paid to the lawsuit for millions of dollars. We really do not want the teachers to carry their gun at school.

The teachers are responsible not to inflict the kids at school. You know some kids have free mind or rebel themselves for some silly things.

My opinion is that some kids need to see a psychologist to improve their behavior before consultants determine to suspend the kids or not.

huh... like you can identify a student like that. It's easy to identify if the student acts rebellious. But what about a very quiet student with a very disturbed mind? there are too many schools and little budget. Who's gonna pay for shrinks for every schools?

and obviously bringing a gun to school is not that simple as you think. This means they'll be required to undergo intensive training and be certified and be approved to bring it - probably same level as air marshal.

Again, how many incidents can you cite per the number of school districts in the U.S.?

wanna take a teaching position at LA schools? or Bronx? yea there you go

yea like it's any better than armed security guards, fenced property, and metal detectors. This does not mean most teachers will get it. Now that it's legalized - it will show the students (or potential shooters) that teachers may or may not be armed... this will reduce the chance of school shooting.

Same principle for putting a sign on mass transits especially airplanes - "THIS AIRLINE MAY BE PATROLLED BY UNDERCOVER AIR MARSHALS" or something like that. I don't know the exact phrasing.

Your logic again eludes me.:roll:

Thanks! The voice of reason :)

wanna take a teaching position at LA schools? or Bronx? yea there you go

Sure. How many shootings have been there? I believe Columbine was an upper middle class school.

uh... RRRIIIIGGGHHHHTTTT. You have to be that stupid to think like that. Typical mindset of anti-gun people... UGH

YOU are definitely not a right person with that state of mind to own/carry a gun. Like I said - not all teachers can get it. Only qualified one.

When a student barges into school with guns and ammo, everybody has already lost.

Exactly. It is the element of surprise, and then the inevitable disbelief that follows that puts everyone else at a disadvantage.

Are you saying they are not effective deterrents?

Children already fantasizing that school is a "Doom" environment will, for sure, believe it now with the teachers armed and ready.

nothing is effective anyway. The point is - being able to defend yourself and your students against psycho school schooter. Want me to read you a story of how VT professor died protecting his students?

uh... RRRIIIIGGGHHHHTTTT. You have to be that stupid to think like that. Typical mindset of anti-gun people... UGH

YOU are definitely not a right person with that state of mind to own/carry a gun. Like I said - not all teachers can get it. Only qualified one.

Define "qualified". We don't even have enough teachers that are qualified to educate, much less carry a lethal weapon!

Why is it that you refuse to answer a direct question?

Who cares about the statistic? The point is why shldn't teachers have the right to own guns when kids are themselves time bomb or capable to kill people in school ?

Like I said... IT is better to prevent than allow it to be happen period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back