MSNBC: Texas to let teachers bring guns to school

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing is effective anyway. The point is - being able to defend yourself and your students against psycho school schooter. Want me to read you a story of how VT professor died protecting his students?

Why is it that you supporters refuse to answer the simple question of how many school shootings have occurred compared to the number of school districts? Such strong supporters of armed teachers surely have, at their ready disposal, the statistics to back up the need for armed teachers.:roll:

nothing is effective anyway. The point is - being able to defend yourself and your students against psycho school schooter. Want me to read you a story of how VT professor died protecting his students?

I am betting on that Jillo wish he/she own guns when one of his/her student take the situation in her/his classroom.

Who cares about the statistic? The point is why shldn't teachers have the right to own guns when kids are themselves time bomb or capable to kill people in school ?

Like I said... IT is better to prevent than allow it to be happen period.

The statistics show the need for the teachers to be armed. Quite obviously, there are no statistics to support your claim that teachers need to be armed.

I am betting on that Jillo wish he/she own guns when one of his/her student take the situation in her/his classroom.

And you would loose your bet. But that's okay....doesn't appear that you have much to wager anyway.

Your logic again eludes me.:roll:
I'm not sure what's there for you to understand. it was pretty simple. Legalizing it means they MAY or MAY not be equipped... a pretty good deterrent.

Sure. How many shootings have been there? I believe Columbine was an upper middle class school.
shit happens. point is - do you want to be defenseless if shit happens to you? remember - you only get one chance!

Exactly. It is the element of surprise, and then the inevitable disbelief that follows that puts everyone else at a disadvantage.
exactly! a teacher with gun is the element of surprise! and it puts them at advantage to protect oneself and his/her students.

Define "qualified". We don't even have enough teachers that are qualified to educate, much less carry a lethal weapon!
Not my problem. Bring it up to Department of Education. Like I said - gun is a serious issue and don't believe one bit that it's that easy to bring a gun to school. There will be regulations and requirements to bring one. Airline Pilots underwent intensive training to carry one. Same for teachers. I doubt you'll have a bunch of teachers bringing one because it's too much to deal with - regulations, fees, trainings, cost of ammo/guns, etc.

Don't worry about it.

Why is it that you supporters refuse to answer the simple question of how many school shootings have occurred compared to the number of school districts? Such strong supporters of armed teachers surely have, at their ready disposal, the statistics to back up the need for armed teachers.:roll:

so you want to talk about numbers? statistics? math? I'm sorry but it doesn't really matter anymore when it comes to you looking at the barrel at your head. Isn't one life too many? 2? 3?

One chance is all you got in life. not math. not statistic. not your logic. it's just you and the gunner. end of story.

I'm not sure what's there for you to understand. it was pretty simple. Legalizing it means they MAY or MAY not be equipped... a pretty good deterrent.

Show me proof of that. If you are claiming that it is a deterrent, then there are studies available to prove your claims. But I suspect that once again, you are talking off the top of your head with nothing to support your claims.

shit happens. point is - do you want to be defenseless if shit happens to you? remember - you only get one chance!

And exactly what is the risk of any teacher having to use that one chance? Again, support your claims. You refuse to answer the questions.

exactly! a teacher with gun is the element of surprise! and it puts them at advantage to protect oneself and his/her students.

If everyone knows they are armed, it is hardly a surprise! There's that logic again!:
roll:

Not my problem. Bring it up to Department of Education. Like I said - gun is a serious issue and don't believe one bit that it's that easy to bring a gun to school. There will be regulations and requirements to bring one. Airline Pilots underwent intensive training to carry one. Same for teachers. I doubt you'll have a bunch of teachers bringing one because it's too much to deal with - regulations, fees, trainings, cost of ammo/guns, etc.

You are the one that brought up the issue of "qualified" teachers. What is your definition?
Don't worry about it.

Trust me, I don't.

so you want to talk about numbers? statistics? math? I'm sorry but it doesn't really matter anymore when it comes to you looking at the barrel at your head. Isn't one life too many? 2? 3?

One chance is all you got in life. not math. not statistic. not your logic. it's just you and the gunner. end of story.

Yes, it does matter. You need statistics to show that it is necessary for teachers to be armed. The only reason you are claiming that they are not needed is that, as usual, you cannot support your viewpoint.

Oh my! That's extremely bad bad bad idea! :shock:

Sorry to blurt it out... I don't think it's great idea... :cold:

Genpic.jpg

Professor Liviu Librescu held the door of his classroom, room 204, shut while Cho attempted to enter it. Librescu was able to prevent the shooter from entering the classroom until most of his students escaped through the windows, but he died after being shot multiple times through the door. One student in his classroom was killed.

JocelyneCoutureNowak.jpg

Jocelyne Couture-Nowak tried to save the students in her French classroom, room 211, after looking Cho in the eye in the hallway.[26] Colin Goddard, one of seven survivors in the French class,[27] told his family that Couture-Nowak ordered her students to the back of the class for their safety and made a fatal attempt to barricade the door.[28]

I actually knew Professor Librescu but briefly. He was a very smart man and funny - one of the most renowned engineering professor and contributed to critical researches. Oh btw - he was a holocaust survivor.

Sad that he survived holocaust but died in his own classroom.

Genpic.jpg

JocelyneCoutureNowak.jpg

I actually knew Professor Librescu but briefly. He was a very smart man and funny - one of the most renowned engineering professor and contributed to critical researches. Oh btw - he was a holocaust survivor.

Sad that he survived holocaust but died in his own classroom.

It is understandable but I think I prefer police protection.

again - this is NOT MEANT to be a solution or DETERRENT for future school shootings. This is just a legal OPTION for one to carry gun or not to school.

Like I said - you shouldn't worry. MOST teachers won't be packing one. It's too much of hassle but point is - YOU HAVE THAT OPTION AVAILABLE TO YOU. That is TRUE AMERICA.

Your view is typical leftist. YOU DOMESTIC DISSENT! :mad2:

It is understandable but I think I prefer police protection.

the police came and many died. you wanna be victim too? If I recall correctly, none of the shooters were stopped or apprehended by police. They shot themselves.

again - this is NOT MEANT to be a solution or DETERRENT for future school shootings. This is just a legal OPTION for one to carry gun or not to school.

Like I said - you shouldn't worry. MOST teachers won't be packing one. It's too much of hassle but point is - YOU HAVE THAT OPTION AVAILABLE TO YOU. That is TRUE AMERICA.

Your view is typical leftist :cool2:. YOU DOMESTIC DISSENT! :mad2:

You have point, It is True America, we have choices.

the police came and many died. you wanna be victim too? If I recall correctly, none of the shooters were stopped or apprehended by police. They shot themselves.

I haven't been a victim but I been too many lock downs at my school during my high school years. I dont think I want to go that again ever. Since Pensacola Junior College have classrooms spread out.

You have point, It is True America, we have choices.

mind you - I do not support ARMING all teachers. I'm supporting the very foundation of the American way - choices... something that leftists/ultra-Democrats/people like Jillio don't want :cool2:

I haven't been a victim but I been too many lock downs at my school during my high school years. I dont think I want to go that again ever. Since Pensacola Junior College have classrooms spread out.

wow... spreaded out? that really sucks! My high school had 3 bomb threats so far. the first 2 were fakes - just a box wrapped with aluminum foil and inside was powdered soap :roll:

mind you - I do not support ARMING all teachers. I'm supporting the very foundation of the American way - choices... something that leftists/ultra-Democrats/people like Jillio don't want :cool2:

I dont agree that teachers need to be armed. That make me nervous. Once I finish college, and become a teacher, i aint arming myself.

wow... spreaded out? that really sucks! My high school had 3 bomb threats so far. the first 2 were fakes - just a box wrapped with aluminum foil and inside was powdered soap :roll:

Our wasn't like that. Fake phone calls or writing it on bathroom wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back