Motercycle jack

PlanetDoodle - I dare you lay down that bike. Post pictures please.

WHAAAATTTT! Not only is it bad for the fuel, oil and battery acid spills, your bike weighs over 500 lbs.

Do you know the proper technique to lift it back up again?

The only bike on its side is an accident scene. :cool2:

Lift the bike by turning to your back, squat down and hook your hand to tank and fender and lift it upright. It isn't that hard even Girls can do it.

Here's the Youtube video demo

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ6_2VqSHBw]YouTube - How to Lift a Motorcycle That's Been Dropped[/ame]

Catty

I use wooden stand that I built by stacking and nailed it together. I asked my son to jack up the motorcycle (I use scissor jack and put it under front part of frame) while I am holding to keep it straight. Once the jack raised a little higher than wooden stand, I asked my son to slide it under middle frame then lowered the jack to allow motorcycle to level on top of wooden stand. Then I removed both wheels with no issue.

I must admit it's kinda risky because I did not put longer wood on top for safety. The underframe of motorcycle just barely an inch inside of wood stand. It was pretty solid cuz 500 lbs was sitting on top of it.

Catty

Thats much easier than the way I did it. But thats cool.

However we know, girls can do it, but i seriously doubt Jiro can.

:rofl: Watch out for Jiro :giggle:

I've nearly dropped my brother's 79' Honda 750-4 Super Sport in garage back in 1984, I was only 15 years old and I was fiddling around while kickstand was closed. I lean a bit further and I went :eek2: when the weight of motorcycle bearing down. I used all my strength to pull it back up straight *panting!!*. It sure weighted a bit more than 500 lbs cuz of 4 cylinders engine. Whew!! MY brother didn't know about it Shhh!!

:giggle:

Catty

WHAAAATTTT! Not only is it bad for the fuel, oil and battery acid spills, your bike weighs over 500 lbs.

Do you know the proper technique to lift it back up again?

The only bike on its side is an accident scene. :cool2:

well... if it is this bike and its 500 pounds - i think its perfectly okay to lay it on it's side to take its front wheel off.

41.jpg

Thats much easier than the way I did it. But thats cool.

However we know, girls can do it, but i seriously doubt Jiro can.

indeed much easier than the way I did too... and my fallen bike was on steep hill... and nobody stopped by to help.... pulled it up myself with all my might and pushed it uphill.

and next day... entire half of my body was "paralyzed". feels bad, man :(

I have to get the front wheel off of my honda 750 magna ,any suggestion, im thinking i have to make a homemade jack

just use the car jack, wooden block and rafter like what other people said here. it's not advisable to use cinder block because it's unpredictable. It can crack at anytime.

Lift the bike by turning to your back, squat down and hook your hand to tank and fender and lift it upright. It isn't that hard even Girls can do it.
Catty
TCS told me that they learn how to do that at the motorcycle safety course.

TCS says if the bike falls in the other direction, and you can't prop it onto the kickstand, then you should have a buddy on the other side to spot for you.

Of course, that technique works only if you have strong knees. :giggle:

indeed much easier than the way I did too... and my fallen bike was on steep hill... and nobody stopped by to help.... pulled it up myself with all my might and pushed it uphill.

and next day... entire half of my body was "paralyzed". feels bad, man :(
The video said not to lift a bike on a slope.

TCS told me that they learn how to do that at the motorcycle safety course.

TCS says if the bike falls in the other direction, and you can't prop it onto the kickstand, then you should have a buddy on the other side to spot for you.

Of course, that technique works only if you have strong knees. :giggle:

you can just simply lift it to the point where you have to leverage yourself and then use your foot to prop the kickstand.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPjYweKeiLk]YouTube - NB's F6550GS - How to pick up a motorcycle[/ame]

Good luck with over 1250cc.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t-0-2ekA3U]YouTube - Motorcycle Riding Tips: How To Pick Up A Dropped Motorcycle[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5k4Uj3YTnY]YouTube - NC Drill Team Bike Pickup Demonstration[/ame]

if I ever dropped 1250+cc, I'll find a girl to lift it for me :)

Heh, those cruisers were already half way up because of the crash guards....

Back