Motercycle jack

planetdoodle

Reaction score
I have to get the front wheel off of my honda 750 magna ,any suggestion, im thinking i have to make a homemade jack

all i have is a jack,whats the center stand?

Well, there is a side stand that keeps the bike up, right? On most factory bikes, there is a center stand...it has two legs side by side about a foot apart underneath the approximate center of the bike. Step on that while straddling your bike and pull up on the handlebars at the same time and presto, your bike is off the ground!

you can use ratchet die down straps and hang it from the rafters... thats what I do, it works great!! :D

you can use ratchet die down straps and hang it from the rafters... thats what I do, it works great!! :D

Pretty much what I do, except I use the rafters to stabilize the bike and leave a jack under it (with a piece of wood to lift the frame, not the exhaust). Here is an example:

423955561_QAQWo-L.jpg

Pretty much what I do, except I use the rafters to stabilize the bike and leave a jack under it (with a piece of wood to lift the frame, not the exhaust). Here is an example:

423955561_QAQWo-L.jpg

Very good idea never thought to do both... :)

and for the record I meant tie down not die...

TCS said that his Honda's had center stands but his current bike does not.

TCS agrees with green427. If you don't have a way to strap it to the rafters, have a friend hold it steady for you. Don't try to do it without some kind of support.

If you don't have a jack, stack up some wooden blocks tall enough to allow the front wheel to come off the ground. Then, you and a friend lift the front of the bike onto the blocks. Then, have the friend hold the bike steady while you work on it.

Even if you hang it from the rafters, it's a good idea to have a friend hold it steady so it doesn't swing while you're working on it.

Thanks for the tips,but i think im just gonna lay it on its side and jack up the forks

Please tell me you are kidding....

Laying a motorcycle on its side is not a good idea unless it is a 2-stroke engine.

Oil will creep up into the cylinders, battery acid can leak out, gas will seep from your carbs into the cylinders, etc.

Most motorcycle shops charge about $60 extra to remove & remount your wheels.

front wheel

Please tell me you are kidding....

Laying a motorcycle on its side is not a good idea unless it is a 2-stroke engine.

Oil will creep up into the cylinders, battery acid can leak out, gas will seep from your carbs into the cylinders, etc.

Most motorcycle shops charge about $60 extra to remove & remount your wheels.

OH Thank YOU...laughing. as soon as I read the laying on the side I almost choked...I take care ..well did...take care of all the maintenance..I finally saved up and got a great jack stand for $90 at Sears...it was on a pre christmas sale and I could not resist....please never lay your bike on the side!:cool2:

Thanks for the tips,but i think im just gonna lay it on its side and jack up the forks

WHAAAATTTT! Not only is it bad for the fuel, oil and battery acid spills, your bike weighs over 500 lbs.

Do you know the proper technique to lift it back up again?

The only bike on its side is an accident scene. :cool2:

Back