Morning-after pills made available to N.Y. high school students

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK...are you saying (and I'm sticking to the subject)...that a teen who should become pregnant, a minor...needs to be held accountable for their consequencies?...Tell me How ...are they supposed to pay for pre-natal care, hospital bill, diapers, formula, etc. ....they haven't even finished school...and no J-O-B !...no education either...So, the State and their Parents have to "pay the consequences, not the Teen....And most Teens do not want to be "saddled down" to a crying baby....Guess What?...The Parents are the ones who will have to raise the child.

Right.... Parents are the biggest responsibility... more than you can imagine that teenager don't see.....

I'm having a hard time following some people's logic. Educating kids, making condoms and birth control pills IS having your kids be responsible. Personally I'd rather not have my kids get an STD or have a baby to teach them a lesson about the consequences of their actions. Plan B isn't an abortion, it's super birth control pill, you don't need it if you're already on the pill.

The world was never The Cleavers even when Beaver was on TV. Sex before marraige, or outside their own marriage, is not a new thing. Women have been having abortions since the first unwanted pregnancy happened thousands of years ago. It's not new, it's just safe now.

I'm having a hard time following some people's logic. Educating kids, making condoms and birth control pills IS having your kids be responsible. Personally I'd rather not have my kids get an STD or have a baby to teach them a lesson about the consequences of their actions. Plan B isn't an abortion, it's super birth control pill, you don't need it if you're already on the pill.

The world was never The Cleavers even when Beaver was on TV. Sex before marraige, or outside their own marriage, is not a new thing. Women have been having abortions since the first unwanted pregnancy happened thousands of years ago. It's not new, it's just safe now.

Regarding your statement on being responsible. Educating, yes. Making condoms and birth control pills is not teaching responsibility but rather a form of "protection". No amount of technological advances will prevent kids from having "unprotected" sex. It really comes down to the parents raising there kids to make wise choices. Bad choices lead to unwanted pregnancies and diseases. So no, it's not safe now as you stated.

Hard to imagine that there is not a Walgreens,CVS or Cost-Rite in these neighborhoods.

Originally Posted by ambrosia
I haven't read through all the comments yet BUT.....I'm a 37 year old woman who had sex with her HUSBAND and the condom broke, I went to the pharmacy and got the Morning after Pill, didn't go to the doctor, you don't have to have a perscription for it.

Sounds responsible to me. *shrug*

Nope, you watch YOUR words Foxrac. Are you saying I was raised wrong? If you are, you are in for a huge fight with my Dad. If you are not, then I've been saying the right things all along. That is the point that kids need to be held accountable for THEIR CONSEQUENCES. If you disagree, that is your right.

What are the consequences they should expect for unwanted pregnancy? Do you ground them? No TV for 2 weeks? No cell phone? Do the dishes every night for a month?

Actually, the consequences are a pregnancy. Who pays for this, in the long run? If you said the teen couple, you are only partially correct.

Hard to imagine that there is not a Walgreens,CVS or Cost-Rite in these neighborhoods.

Wondering how much these Pills cost, and if they are dispensed in all states....no matter the age..?....So that could be a factor there.

Sounds responsible to me. *shrug*

Exactly what are you implying? Because I don't want to bite your head off if you're not being sarcastic, unfortunately that is my impression.

Regarding your statement on being responsible. Educating, yes. Making condoms and birth control pills is not teaching responsibility but rather a form of "protection". No amount of technological advances will prevent kids from having "unprotected" sex. It really comes down to the parents raising there kids to make wise choices. Bad choices lead to unwanted pregnancies and diseases. So no, it's not safe now as you stated.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. I think education kids and making them realize that if they do choose to have sex, to have it safely, to be responsible about it. Your version, preach abstinence at them, imho, is not just unrealistic but irresponsible.

Exactly what are you implying? Because I don't want to bite your head off if you're not being sarcastic, unfortunately that is my impression.

No sarcasm :) Sounds responsible to me. I am pro-life 100% but the morning after pill is not a big deal to me.

Wondering how much these Pills cost, and if they are dispensed in all states....no matter the age..?....So that could be a factor there.

$10-$70 according to WebMD. WebMD also suggests you have it on hand and not wait until you need it. Not sure about all states but WebMD says it is OTC for adults but 17 and under need an Rx.

It was pricey, I don't have insurance, I'm thinking it was around $100. It was a few years ago that our condom broke on us. But it was a lot less expensive than another baby, boy oh boy. Not to mention the risk of having more of my hearing go. I have otosclerosis, an increase in estrogen can make it more progressive, that's why I can't even take birth control pills. I had my 2 kids back to back and nursed the first one even during the 1st 3 months of my 2nd pregnancy, had to stop because I wasn't gaining enough weight. My hearing nose dived a couple months after I had the second one.

You probably have to have to over 18, not sure if a can parent get one for their minor daughter, no idea there.

No sarcasm :) Sounds responsible to me. I am pro-life 100% but the morning after pill is not a big deal to me.

:) glad I checked before I jumped all over your shit phew :giggle:

It was pricey, I don't have insurance, I'm thinking it was around $100. It was a few years ago that our condom broke on us. But it was a lot less expensive than another baby, boy oh boy. Not to mention the risk of having more of my hearing go. I have otosclerosis, an increase in estrogen can make it more progressive, that's why I can't even take birth control pills. I had my 2 kids back to back and nursed the first one even during the 1st 3 months of my 2nd pregnancy, had to stop because I wasn't gaining enough weight. My hearing nose dived a couple months after I had the second one.

You probably have to have to over 18, not sure if a can parent get one for their minor daughter, no idea there.

:ty:...and ur absolutely right about being less expensive than another baby, and of course with ur medical issues....

No, you should watch your word because you use "ALL" and "MOST" so your post include all of us, or most of us so we disagree with your statement, so don't use all or most to mention about us.

Rest of your statement is opinion, or nonsense at least, and you hardly make any sense.

Nope! You are the one not making any sense. If you are referring to my ALL in post#84, that ALL is limited to the citizens on New York. They are the ones who would be the PUBLIC. The statement that the PUBLIC disagrees with me is a falsehood because the PUBLIC haas not been ask their opinion until they are ALL asked. So the statement was knowingly made as a falsehood. The rule is a person does not represent the PUBLIC, only him/herself. The OP is totally based in New York and the citizens can decide for themselves. Unfortunately, they have not ALL been asked....that is if you know something I don't know. If you have proof that they ALL have been ask their opinion post it here.

OK...are you saying (and I'm sticking to the subject)...that a teen who should become pregnant, a minor...needs to be held accountable for their consequencies?...Tell me How ...are they supposed to pay for pre-natal care, hospital bill, diapers, formula, etc. ....they haven't even finished school...and no J-O-B !...no education either...So, the State and their Parents have to "pay the consequences, not the Teen....And most Teens do not want to be "saddled down" to a crying baby....Guess What?...The Parents are the ones

Yes, these kids will need assistance for all you mention but this assistance comes in the form of a loan. This is a loan that never goes off the book, until it is payoff in full. Once the parents, the taxpayers or anyone gives assistance that is not a gift there is a IOU for the next eighteen years. Then the IOUs stop but the pay back continue until all is paid up. Think about it, especially for your boys, if a baby is brought into the world the boy and the girl have a 50\50 responsiblity for 100% of the care of that child's life for eighteen years. The two of them can make all the excuses they want not to be responsible. However, they can NOT deny the fact THEY brought that child into the world and that child is THEIR responsibility. Once you start a Sex Ed class with the statement: YOU will be responsible for YOUR child....I can assure you there will be less irresponsible sex going on. Once they hear that THEY are going to saddle THEMSELF with a crying baby, I can assure you there will be less irresponsible sex.

BTW: I have not even touch on how much harder I'll bring the hammer down on the boys than the girls but, nevertheless, both are responsible.

I think around $50 at CVS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back