More Bone Conduction loss?

No insurance for me, but I wasn't looking for a diagnosis, I already know what I have and why I've lost my hearing. I just wanted to know if I lost more. ;)

Since he replaced the tubes and mic covers, and popped out the filters I am having a much easier time understanding people, still. So I'm thinking that even if I have lost more it prob wasn't enough to make a big difference in my programming.

It's not like I was hearing my own voice well unaided. It sounded very small and very far away........but it was still freaky to have the one thing left in the world that I can hear unaided gone. :(

I'd probably not be able to hear my voice too if I was female :P

No insurance for me, but I wasn't looking for a diagnosis, I already know what I have and why I've lost my hearing. I just wanted to know if I lost more. ;)

Since he replaced the tubes and mic covers, and popped out the filters I am having a much easier time understanding people, still. So I'm thinking that even if I have lost more it prob wasn't enough to make a big difference in my programming.

It's not like I was hearing my own voice well unaided. It sounded very small and very far away........but it was still freaky to have the one thing left in the world that I can hear unaided gone. :(

Curious, are you eligible for CI? if so, if you get a new job that you mention, do they ahve insurance?

Curious, are you eligible for CI? if so, if you get a new job that you mention, do they ahve insurance?

I'm definitely eligible for a CI, porfound to no response in my left ear, profound in my right, but like I said in the other thread, no insurance. :( Where I work now we're in the middle of getting quotes for health insurance. If the coverage is decent and not too expensive I may stay there at least 4 days a week, to get 32 hours and full time status at least until 2014 when they do set up the Health Exchanges.

The first I noticed a huge loss of hearing was when I couldn't hear water running, in the bathroom or when I was in the shower. I can't pinpoint exactly when I couldn't hear my own voice unaided becuase by that time I was probably wearing the aids constantly.

I still do think about those things at times.

EDIT: Actually, it is most likely not the only thing you can hear unaided. Try banging a dish on table(not too hard) without the aid and you can probably hear it. There is probably a whole range of frequency you can still hear.
I wish I knew how to do the subquotes. I was turning the water back on at my cabin here last year, I was sure that I had all the valves shut off. I was back in the house pottering around and noticed the large puddle coming at me... after all this time you would think I would learn. What a mess! :lol: Fortunately it is classic Alaskan single guy hellhole - the plywood floor eventually dried up fine.

I wish I knew how to do the subquotes. I was turning the water back on at my cabin here last year, I was sure that I had all the valves shut off. I was back in the house pottering around and noticed the large puddle coming at me... after all this time you would think I would learn. What a mess! :lol: Fortunately it is classic Alaskan single guy hellhole - the plywood floor eventually dried up fine.

Been there, got the the Tshirt lol. Yesterday I went for a jog with out my hearing aids in and when I came I made a protien shake/smoothy. I put everything in the blender then jumped on my facebook to check it, and maybe on here lol, forgot about like at least 5 minutes later I was in the kitchen and saw the blender......well it was very very smooth I will say that.

Been there, got the the Tshirt lol. Yesterday I went for a jog with out my hearing aids in and when I came I made a protien shake/smoothy. I put everything in the blender then jumped on my facebook to check it, and maybe on here lol, forgot about like at least 5 minutes later I was in the kitchen and saw the blender......well it was very very smooth I will say that.

I'm really surprised that your blender motor would still be running after 5 minutes, must be a good blender :)

I'm really surprised that your blender motor would still be running after 5 minutes, must be a good blender :)

Maybe because there wasn't that much in it? it is pretty sweet though :) I could be exaggerating but it was going for AWHILE!! Yelled at my kids, "couldn't you hear that?!?! why you lettin gme run the blender for so long" lol. Today I left the water running in the kitchen sink yet again..... I was filling a big mixing bowl with hot water to soak, walked away from it while it was filling, got distracted totally forgot about it. Nothing over flowed though :) That's even with my hearing aids on, the blender though I can hear with them on, water running not so much.

It could be either. I have mixed loss also, and I think you will need the Audi's help to figure out what is happening.

I have purely sensorineural hearing loss but when I am exposed to loud noises (working in the ER or an evening at a restaurant with friends) I hear NOTHING but roaring for hours to a day after removing my hearing aids.

Just this last weekend I went to a pub with my fiancé and our friends and it was busy. Towards the end of the evening I just gave up on trying to hear and watched baseball. Once we got home, I couldn't hear ANYTHING. I couldn't hear my voice, my fiance's voice, nothing.
It took the few days (during which I didn't wear myhearing aids) for my hearing to get closer to the way it was.

Since I have progressive hearing loss, I know that I might just loose my residual hearing (the tiny bit left) any day but I notice that being in a loud situation while wearing my super power hearing aids impairs my hearing even further for hours to days (this is because hair cells are silly)

Maybe because there wasn't that much in it? it is pretty sweet though :) I could be exaggerating but it was going for AWHILE!! Yelled at my kids, "couldn't you hear that?!?! why you lettin gme run the blender for so long" lol. Today I left the water running in the kitchen sink yet again..... I was filling a big mixing bowl with hot water to soak, walked away from it while it was filling, got distracted totally forgot about it. Nothing over flowed though :) That's even with my hearing aids on, the blender though I can hear with them on, water running not so much.

Ha.. with my aids on, the toliet flush sounds like a bomb going off (floor is tile, walls are ceramic lol :) )

I have purely sensorineural hearing loss but when I am exposed to loud noises (working in the ER or an evening at a restaurant with friends) I hear NOTHING but roaring for hours to a day after removing my hearing aids.

Just this last weekend I went to a pub with my fiancé and our friends and it was busy. Towards the end of the evening I just gave up on trying to hear and watched baseball. Once we got home, I couldn't hear ANYTHING. I couldn't hear my voice, my fiance's voice, nothing.
It took the few days (during which I didn't wear myhearing aids) for my hearing to get closer to the way it was.

Since I have progressive hearing loss, I know that I might just loose my residual hearing (the tiny bit left) any day but I notice that being in a loud situation while wearing my super power hearing aids impairs my hearing even further for hours to days (this is because hair cells are silly)

Mine too.. I found out though, that if the signal is highly compressed you don't lose as much residual hearing. It seems to depend on how non-linear the algorithm is.

I'm definitely eligible for a CI, porfound to no response in my left ear, profound in my right, but like I said in the other thread, no insurance. :( Where I work now we're in the middle of getting quotes for health insurance. If the coverage is decent and not too expensive I may stay there at least 4 days a week, to get 32 hours and full time status at least until 2014 when they do set up the Health Exchanges.

There are more tests they should do before deciding if you would def benefit for a CI ... don't remember the correct names but it was to test the auditory nerve response and brain stem response or something like that ... if they tried to implant you without checking those first I'd be worried it may not even do anything and too expensive just to fork over that kinda $$$ .. plus they would do a CAT scan before implanting ... you said the audi was with VR?? is that Vocational rehab? if so that might be why he does that the ones with VR are "programmed" to cut expenses to save VR money ... just a thought ...:hmm:

There are more tests they should do before deciding if you would def benefit for a CI ... don't remember the correct names but it was to test the auditory nerve response and brain stem response or something like that ... if they tried to implant you without checking those first I'd be worried it may not even do anything and too expensive just to fork over that kinda $$$ .. plus they would do a CAT scan before implanting ... you said the audi was with VR?? is that Vocational rehab? if so that might be why he does that the ones with VR are "programmed" to cut expenses to save VR money ... just a thought ...:hmm:

I'm not real sure if that's the audi they would have sent me to, they originally sent me to see the ENT that works in the same office. I'd gone to them again because I lost more hearing and the audi that gave me the hearing test and had my supspicions confirmed recommended I go see one because I get vertigo headaches and my pupils are forever out of whack in bad lighting, one pupil bigger than the other. Anyway, when it all was said and done and I needed to get new hearing aids I just kind of ended up with that audi because he was there lol. VR wasn't going to pay for a new set so they didn't send me to an audi. The hearing test too I had done before that, I did that on my own paid for it, I went to the same place I had been going to since they referred me there when I first went to the VR here in SC.

But I do hear sound and I get speech out of my profound ear, so that probably means my auditory nerve is fine, the left he I do get some sound but not as much, and pretty much no speech....and lots of tickles, it vibrates my ear drum :)

I've left water on before. Fortunately, it was just in the sink so nothing go flooded. What really bothers me is that I can't hear gas coming out of the stove. I always check to make sure the valves are shut. It's really overkill, but I don't take chances.

You're not alone...

Back