MegaBtyes

20 GB High Speed ADSL2+ Internet for $59.99 a month - is it a rip off to you, Vampy?

20 GB High Speed ADSL2+ Internet for $59.99 a month - is it a rip off to you, Vampy?
I didn't realize it was a wireless connection that they were using.

If it was wireless, I would limit it to important stuff only such as emails and research... not picture galleries and videos. If the kids wanted to watch videos and look at a bunch of pictures, I would tell them to go to the library (if they have a computer lab).

My local library has a computer lab with like 30 computers. Membership to the library is free and the internet use is limited to 1 hour so that others can use the computers. :)

Ouch!! I will die and be buried if I see the bill like this. That was so unfair!! I use RoadRunner Unlimited access. If using Verizion's plan, Deafie can top off the 5gb limit within a day or week using VP and kids using any Video. Now, see that Netflix started tob box movie modem that downloads DVD movies through broadband. So you can imagine that DVD download is more than 5GB. Kiss your savings, car, and your home good bye if you see this verizon bills!!

Catty

Catty

Wow, thats a big bill you got. Hope they work out with you and maybe waive the charges (probably unlikely) and it sure sucks :(

Ouch!! I will die and be buried if I see the bill like this. That was so unfair!! I use RoadRunner Unlimited access. If using Verizion's plan, Deafie can top off the 5gb limit within a day or week using VP and kids using any Video. Now, see that Netflix started tob box movie modem that downloads DVD movies through broadband. So you can imagine that DVD download is more than 5GB. Kiss your savings, car, and your home good bye if you see this verizon bills!!

Catty

Catty

Yeah I read the paper the other day about Netflix DVD box movie. I'm a regular Netflix member, I probably will pass that offer and just use DVD in the mail. My DVD player will do just fine for me. :)

WBHarley, I am sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with VerizonWireless. :( Hope you get it sorted out.

If high-speed Internet such as DSL and cable isn't available in your area, consider looking into DirecWay/HughsNet or the one with other satellite (dish) providers. From what I am told they are faster than dial-up but not any faster than DSL/cable Internet.

WBHarley - You need to spank your kids! Verizon wireless broadband is NOT a substitute for DSL or cable modem. It's geared toward to road warrior (or businessmen on the road). I've heard too many about your incidents. That's why there was a class-action lawsuit against Verizon for claiming to have unlimited wireless. That's why the advertisement removed the word "unlimited" so 5gb bandwidth limit sounds right.

I don't know what you can do about your $3500 bill. DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS TOUCH YOUR LAPTOP AT ALL! If you were under impression that it was unlimited... then maybe you should sue? I don't know. Read your contract and find if it mentions any bandwidth limit.

Catty

Catty

One movie about 2 hour at 480p would take about 1 GB.

There's no compare with RR and verizon wireless, however you need compare with RR and verizon Fios (DSL).

Verizon Fios offers unlimited internet usage since wireless aren't.

People! stop recommending WBHarley to get cable modem or any of broadband. WBHarley mentioned twice that landline broadband service is NOT available in her area so she's forced to be left with wireless option.

People! stop recommending WBHarley to get cable modem or any of broadband. WBHarley mentioned twice that landline broadband service is NOT available in her area so she's forced to be left with wireless option.

Excuse me, I was talk to purplecatty, not you or WBHarley.

WBHarley, I am sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with VerizonWireless. :( Hope you get it sorted out.

If high-speed Internet such as DSL and cable isn't available in your area, consider looking into DirecWay/HughsNet or the one with other satellite (dish) providers. From what I am told they are faster than dial-up but not any faster than DSL/cable Internet.

Yup, satellite internet is final option if no DSL or cable offers in her area, also cost more like $80 per monthly for 1.5 mbps.

One movie about 2 hour at 480p would take about 1 GB.

There's no compare with RR and verizon wireless, however you need compare with RR and verizon Fios (DSL).

Verizon Fios offers unlimited internet usage since wireless aren't.

True.. If they watch more than 5 movies a week during summer using wireless w/ 5gb limit. That'll be over 5 GB limit a week. Not including, email, surfing website, using VP ect..

Catty

update:

my bills has been waived since I am fairly new to the account!

Thank gawd for that..

so The verizonwireless is only for me to use.. Kids already knew my answer from telling them when I found out. i told them off limit, when I go work I bring my usb wireless! no matter what.. so ever since then.. i have only use 1 1/4 of the GB! thats it so far.. still UNDER 5 GB

And when I want to play games or something, I use my AOL dial up

No I wont get any satillite dish for my internet becos if I sign up for it, I have 2 years contract, then IF IF DSL and/or Cable finally comes in before 2 years, then I have to wait for the contract to finish I wouldnt want to pay for terminations fee.. since i am still waiting for the DSL and Cable to be avaible for me to use for my VP.. :)

Thanks All...

according to the vznwireless
They recommend to avoid any video, games, etc..

ok for pictures, emails etc

Wendy

for 1 total month it cost me 3,579.94.

eeekkkk

Crap! I know Verzion no longer have unlimited plan.. Max is 5GB.. anything over is charged by usage. But... $3,580?!?! If you have ALLTEL in your coverage, you could switch over for UNLIMITED EVDO for $60-$80/mo..

Crap! I know Verzion no longer have unlimited plan.. Max is 5GB.. anything over is charged by usage. But... $3,580?!?! If you have ALLTEL in your coverage, you could switch over for UNLIMITED EVDO for $60-$80/mo..

sadly not avaiable in my area Richardeaf.. zipcode is 04040!

eeekk i tried everything.. no luck ! so i got two internet, dial up and this freaking vzn!

Back