McCain suspends his campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think addressing this issue is more important than debating about foreign policies.

Aside from the fact that foreign policy is of critical importance, isn't that what we are doing here right now?

I think there's more bipartisanship being shown by most members of the Congress right now but perhaps not by McCain and Obama. Yes, again, they will debate on Friday IF there's an agreement in principle for the Congress to pass the relevant legislation and Obama will probably stay in Washington, too if he thinks it is good for the Democratic Party. McCain, too; they are both jockeying...I can see it and I can see it only because I told myself to be bipartisan for the moment. Are you doing the same?

Wanna go for a latte after? :P

You buying? :lol:

This is way too easy.

Obama asked McCain to do a joint statement for the press, but McCain for some reason gave him the impression they'd do it... then went off on to make a statement by himself with the press.... later saying it wasn't time to make statements.. it was time to take action.

Was Obama blindsided by McCain announcement? - CNN.com

And at the same time, he's trying to convince everyone that he wants to participate in a bipartisan effort to come up with a bail out plan.:roll:

Aside from the fact that foreign policy is of critical importance, isn't that what we are doing here right now?

We are trying to take care of our country.

No doubt foreign policy helps. But if America is bankrupted there would be no other to sell and trade with us.

America needs to focus on the American people right now.

We are trying to take care of our country.

No doubt foreign policy helps. But if America is bankrupted there would be no other to sell and trade with us.

America needs to focus on the American people right now.

I understand. My question to you was: Haven't we been discussing the issues you meant? The last two pages of this thread are testament to that....

Well, the meeting at the White House just broke up and there's no agreement yet. The bipartisan guys and whomever else are now going over to the Mayflower Hotel to caucus.

I understand. My question to you was: Haven't we been discussing the issues you meant? The last two pages of this thread are testament to that....

Somewhat it is.

Both parties realise we are in danger of an economic downfall. Instead of bickering about who is chicken to debate or not. Is not the main priority. If this campange was not going on then it would not even be the point of this topic.

But since it is. We need to unite and figure out how to help this country.

Like I said in another thread neither party has an realistic solution.

Well, the meeting at the White House just broke up and there's no agreement yet. The bipartisan guys and whomever else are now going over to the Mayflower Hotel to caucus.

Yeah, I've been getting feeds on the updates on my PDA. Bush doesn't appear to be willing to compromise any of his plan.

Somewhat it is.

Both parties realise we are in danger of an economic downfall. Instead of bickering about who is chicken to debate or not. Is not the main priority. If this campange was not going on then it would not even be the point of this topic.

But since it is. We need to unite and figure out how to help this country.

Like I said in another thread neither party has an realistic solution.

The debates will serve to provide information to the voters so that they can cast an informed vote for the candidate most likely to benefit the country.

Foreign policy and the economy are intrinsically intertwined.

Yeah, I've been getting feeds on the updates on my PDA. Bush doesn't appear to be willing to compromise any of his plan.

oh sweet! very tech-savvy! what PDA? I know I'm off-topic but I do not care :cool2:

The debates will serve to provide information to the voters so that they can cast an informed vote for the candidate most likely to benefit the country.

Foreign policy and the economy are intrinsically intertwined.

I understand that.

My point is people is too busy bickering about both parties.

Let's not have the political race cloud our judgement.

We need to focus on now.

Hopefully the parties can agree on the best.

Then the race can move on.

oh sweet! very tech-savvy! what PDA? I know I'm off-topic but I do not care :cool2:

I try. Given my field and my educational pursuits, I had no choice but to move into the tech age!:giggle:

My PDA is an older Dell Axiom. I'm looking to replace it as soon as the 2nd gen of mini laptops come out. Don't want to purchase 1st gen, cause they still use XP, and I'm a fan of Vista.

I understand that.

My point is people is too busy bickering about both parties.

Let's not have the political race cloud our judgement.

We need to focus on now.

Hopefully the parties can agree on the best.

Then the race can move on.

I agree; it is why I asked this morning for us in this thread to be bipartisan or politer than usual.

People have to remember the president can not decide on his own.

Others are involved in congess.

Lol, interesting, isn't it? I just saw McCaine and Obama on the world news and Obama used the forbidden word, "oversight." Yes he did. No, wait, he said "Strong oversight." Yeah, that's it. lol

No need to apologize, sir; I guess I was a wee bit too defensive. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back