Mass casualties at theater showing Batman movie

I think the main thing that will change is movie theaters may beef up security. They might even install metal detectors (like they already do at public schools).

One thing that keeps going through my mind is Jeanne Assam:

Home | jeanneassam
(posted wrong link from other thread here before - oops)
It wasn't but just a few years ago that a crazed gunman went on a shooting spree at her church

Why is it always Colorado?

Maybe because it is so easy to buy a guy in Colorado. Dateline showed how
easy it it to buy a gun there , it take only half a hour to do a background check on a person.
The stories of people act of bravery during the shooting is so moving.

Yes, stupid is as stupid does.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" ~ Albert Einstein.

Here you see, James Homes was a PhD student as the articles covering the massacre has mentioned over and over again that this young man was the top of the top in his class. Gaining more intelligence is not a substitute for the absence of common sense!

Remember what I have told you in the past, old friend? I have told you that there is a reason for everything! We might not ever know that reason, but it'll be revealed in the life to come.

I'm aware of that and I remember what you have told me in the past. :)

Come to think of it - Earlier today, I saw a quote on facebook that I couldn't agree more. It said something along like "If I'm an arabic, I'm a terrorist. If I'm black, I'm a thug. If I'm white, I have an mental illness." It made me think of how stereotypical the media perceives us to be.

I'm aware of that and I remember what you have told me in the past. :)

Come to think of it - Earlier today, I saw a quote on facebook that I couldn't agree more. It said something along like "If I'm an arabic, I'm a terrorist. If I'm black, I'm a thug. If I'm white, I have an mental illness." It made me think of how stereotypical the media perceives us to be.

The media always blurs the line between fact and opinion on nearly everything they cover as this is why they use stereotypes. The media did the same thing with the drama pertaining to George Zimmerman!

Maybe because it is so easy to buy a guy in Colorado. Dateline showed how
easy it it to buy a gun there , it take only half a hour to do a background check on a person.
The stories of people act of bravery during the shooting is so moving.

That is the way it is in many states and it doesn't really affect crime at all. Most killers and even this guy didn't go out immediately and commit their crimes. It stops nothing to beef up the gun laws. It only makes it tougher for good people to get guns.

The media always blurs the line between fact and opinion on nearly everything they cover as this is why they use stereotypes. The media did the same thing with the drama pertaining to George Zimmerman!

Yep. Where do you think they get that to boost their TV ratings? This is why I don't believe everything I "see". Sure, it's great to look up for current event information on any news but when it comes to one that does a senseless violence act - My gosh, it's even worse than it begun.

Yep. Where do you think they get that to boost their TV ratings? This is why I don't believe everything I "see". Sure, it's great to look up for current event information on any news but when it comes to one that does a senseless violence act - My gosh, it's even worse than it begun.

Media will do anything to boost their TV ratings. Often times, it is to their detriment because many TV anchors have come out recently and publicly apologized for remarks that were perceived as stereotypical in nature.

The aftermath of a tragedy is always the most difficult aspect to deal with for anyone directly or indirectly involved.

While we are at it, the quality of journalism has obviously been deprecated because many journalists cannot produce stories of a high quality.

Media will do anything to boost their TV ratings. Often times, it is to their detriment because many TV anchors have come out recently and publicly apologized for remarks that were perceived as stereotypical in nature.

The aftermath of a tragedy is always the most difficult aspect to deal with for anyone directly or indirectly involved.

While we are at it, the quality of journalism has obviously been deprecated because many journalists cannot produce stories of a high quality.

In bold - it is part of marketing tool - not surprised.

That is the way it is in many states and it doesn't really affect crime at all. Most killers and even this guy didn't go out immediately and commit their crimes. It stops nothing to beef up the gun laws. It only makes it tougher for good people to get guns.

There is no needs for a citizen to own guns like Holmes brought. I have nohting against people owning a gun but to there need to be some control on the kinds of guns people can buy.

There is no needs for a citizen to own guns like Holmes brought. I have nohting against people owning a gun but to there need to be some control on the kinds of guns people can buy.

I can't say that I agree with you on this one. This is America and we have certain rights and freedoms because we live here. You will never stop idiots like this. They will just build bombs and use other weapons or they will obtain them illegally. Some people use guns like these for target practice and competition. Others use them for self defense and even for hunting legally. It is the sign of the times and it won't be getting any better. That is why we make it hard to own fully automatic weapons though. Sorry!

James Holmes faces judge for first time in wake of Aurora, Colorado, movie theater mass shooting
James Holmes faces judge for first time in wake of Aurora, Colorado, movie theater mass shooting - CBS News

Aurora shooting: Suspect James Holmes appears in court
BBC News - Aurora shooting: Suspect James Holmes appears in court

Red-haired 'Dark Knight massacre gunman' appears wide-eyed and unemotional in first court appearance as prosecutors seek death penalty
James Holmes: 'Dark Knight massacre gunman' appears in court as prosecutors seek the death penalty | Mail Online

Denver Shooting Suspect James Holmes In Court
Denver Shooting Suspect James Holmes In Court

Batman cinema killer James Holmes in court
Batman cinema killer James Holmes in court | The Sun |News

It's not up to you to decide what kind of guns I need or want. Many law-abiding citizens own exactly those guns that Holmes had, and they don't murder anyone. The kinds of guns he had are irrelevant to his actions.

The kinds of guns Holmes had made is easier for him to kill more people in a short time! I bet some gun owners feel they have a right to say what women can and can't do with her body. I still feel there need to be some kind control on what kind guns people owns , I know a gun owner that feel this way too.

Agreed. I fully support gun ownership, for reasons already brought up in this thread. But you make very valid point. Personally I think semi automatic weapons that hold more than 10 rounds are literally overkill. If you have a gun to protect your home and family, the chances of your home being invaded by more than 1 or 2 people is astronomically low. If you need more than 10 bullets to stop that person, you need to put your gun down, you suck. Where are all those bullets going that you're missing with? Through the walls? hitting your kids? your dog? your neighbor?

And then you have events such as this, all performed with legal weapons, purchased legally, which for some reason I can't explain seems more tragic, like society actually allowed this to happen. This man didn't have to go through illegal channels to perpetuate his crime. Did you know, that if you were mugged by a person with a knife vs a person with gun, the one with the knife would be likely to use it against you than the person with the gun? I'm not really sure what my point is there, but it's something I find interesting.

The kinds of guns Holmes had made is easier for him to kill more people in a short time!
And the home made bombs he rigged up in his apartment building would have killed even more in less time. Should we ban the common household ingredients that he used?

I bet some gun owners feel they have a right to say what women can and can't do with her body.
I bet some gun owners feel they don't have a right to say what women can and can't do with their bodies. So what? Neither statement is relevant to the discussion.

I still feel there need to be some kind control on what kind guns people owns , I know a gun owner that feel this way too.
They already do have controls. There are lots of guns that the average citizen can't buy or possess. I know many more gun owners who feel the way that I do.

Back