Mass casualties at theater showing Batman movie

someone's copying God Bless America

The emergency exit doors should set off an alarm. But this is irrelevant because the gunman did not enter inside through the emergency exit doors.
Maybe they should but they don't unless they are set up that way. Many are not. The killer re-entered thru the emergency exit door. He first went out the door, then came back in. When he first left thru the exit door, apparently it didn't trigger any kind of alarm. I'm guessing that he had done a dry run of this attack previously to make sure that's how the doors operated in that theater.

Reba, you can change the title yourself. Click edit on your first post and then click advanced. :)
It wasn't my title. The Mods merged my thread with another, and used the other poster's title.

Correctamundo! It is a federal law for stores of any kind to have any exit doors remain unlocked from the inside due to safety issues, not just for fires, but for any kind of emergency whether it is unnatural or natural.

Usually emergency exit doors have emergency crash/push type bars on them to open them from the inside while they are alarmed and locked from the outside. That is if they are properly set and tested periodically! I have been to many theaters that let patrons use these as general exits after the movie. Bad idea! Change is coming! Not all change will be good!

I can understand why businesses, including theaters, don't want audible alarms going off every time a door opens. However, they could have a light panel with the doors numbered that would flash whenever a door was opened, and it could be monitored by an employee.

Well, you can bet your bippie that if alarms like this go off in the future someone will take care of it just like any violence on an airplane nowadays!

I don't know about Colorado but in South Carolina you can order guns and ammo online. You pick up the guns at an authorized dealer, and the ammo comes to the house.

We can legally buy guns without any kind of permit. A permit just makes the paperwork easier. A driver's license is usually adequate, and the gun dealer phones in the info for the background check. This killer had a clean background.

Explosives, depends on what kind. Some you can make yourself with internet recipes and common household/agriculture products.

Even an unemployed student usually has access to charge cards. Guns, ammo, and body armor can be charged. He didn't need to worry about running up a balance or making payments.

I should have clarified. There is a rumor that he had military grade explosives. I do not know if that is true. There are plenty of rumors to go around.
But, if he had a full auto, or any sort of MG, he would have needed a class III license to have obtained one.

I am trying to find a list of the guns he had.

I should have clarified. There is a rumor that he had military grade explosives. I do not know if that is true. There are plenty of rumors to go around.
But, if he had a full auto, or any sort of MG, he would have needed a class III license to have obtained one.

He had 2 Glock .40 caliber semiautomatic handguns, a Remington 870 pump shotgun and a Smith & Wesson AR15 semiautomatic rifle. Sounds to me like he was shooting the AR15 mostly and was probably using full metal jacketed rounds as they were going through the walls into the next theater. He had a drum type magazine for the AR I believe and access plenty of rounds of ammunition. Purchased 6000 rounds!

He had 2 Glock .40 caliber semiautomatic handguns, a Remington 870 pump shotgun and a Smith & Wesson AR15 semiautomatic rifle. Sounds to me like he was shooting the AR15 mostly and was probably using full metal jacketed rounds as they were going through the walls into the next theater. He had a drum type magazine for the AR I believe and access plenty of rounds of ammunition. Purchased 6000 rounds!

Did he obtained these weapons legally or illegally?

Did he obtained these weapons legally or illegally?

All purchased legally and separately at different times in different cities. Cabela's and Bass Pro are 2 places that he used. Ammo bought legally off the internet.

Thank you :ty:

The two handguns and the AR-15 would require a NCIS background check (in my State) and if mail ordered, could only be picked up at a FFL dealer after clearing a background check.

Since he had nothing in his background (presumably), he could have obtained these firearms legally.

All purchased legally and separately at different times in different cities. Cabela's and Bass Pro are 2 places that he used. Ammo bought legally off the internet.

Oh I see, I'm surprised because I thought most shooters that where massacre occurred usually bought/got weapons illegally from black market or trafficking.

Could you confirm that rumor about shooter have military grade explosive is true?

Oh I see, I'm surprised because I thought most shooters that where massacre occurred usually bought/got weapons illegally from black market or trafficking.

Could you confirm that rumor about shooter have military grade explosive is true?

Can't confirm as of yet. This shooter only had a speeding ticket on his record.

Mod note:

Please leave political subjects out of this thread. You guys knew political subjects is closed in AD. This thread is about the tragedy in Colorado.

Thank you.

The suspect tried to join a gun club about a month ago. Something the suspect did, caused the owner to want to personally interview him before allowing him to join. Something bizarre (????).

I have not confirmed this.

Back