Marijuana

Reba said:
I guess I'll never understand why people need to waste their money, and risk their reputation for pot. Why do they need pot to "relax"? It just doesn't make sense to me. :dunno:
I don't get it either. :dunno: Why would someone start after learning about all the bad things pot does to you?!

Reba said:
I guess I'll never understand why people need to waste their money, and risk their reputation for pot. Why do they need pot to "relax"? It just doesn't make sense to me. :dunno:

*nodding agreement*

I rather to drink a glass of red wine moderately at weekends while I watch on TV when there're good movies than smoking pot and get horrible smell...

Reba said:

Because nowdays are the most stressful everyday when honset people who are the users to try to make a change every day so they smoke it and relax after hard work. You have to understand people's cirmustance and view of lifestyle. It's not a lot to explain. You have to meet right people (not to the stoned-lazy people).

Children are not that stupid, they would know if thier parents were smoking pot. They ended up smoke themsleves when they get older.

HippieSnow05 said:
Because nowdays are the most stressful everyday when honset people who are the users to try to make a change every day so they smoke it and relax after hard work. You have to understand people's cirmustance and view of lifestyle. It's not a lot to explain. You have to meet right people (not to the stoned-lazy people).
Lots of people face stress every day. That doesn't mean they have to use a drug to relax. They can take a walk, take a bubble bath, pray, chop wood, meditate, go for a swim, listen to music, dance, get a massage, or enjoy nature. Sometimes they just need to confront whatever is causing the stress, and make a life change that reduces or eliminates the stress.

How does it reduce stress by using an illegal drug? It seems that would increase stress because then they have to worry about finding a reliable source, and not getting caught. If they rake leaves, or soak in a tub, they don't have to worry about getting busted, losing their jobs, supporting unsavory dealers, or getting unexpected side effects from impure or "extra-strength" weed.

Reba said:
Lots of people face stress every day. That doesn't mean they have to use a drug to relax. They can take a walk, take a bubble bath, pray, chop wood, meditate, go for a swim, listen to music, dance, get a massage, or enjoy nature. Sometimes they just need to confront whatever is causing the stress, and make a life change that reduces or eliminates the stress.

How does it reduce stress by using an illegal drug? It seems that would increase stress because then they have to worry about finding a reliable source, and not getting caught. If they rake leaves, or soak in a tub, they don't have to worry about getting busted, losing their jobs, supporting unsavory dealers, or getting unexpected side effects from impure or "extra-strength" weed.

You're right. I understand but I'm saying that theres only two world of who use it that's all. Make it intersting whatever what it has on marijuana view.

Reba said:

Yes, not everyone smokes weed to relax, but you have to remember that some people are DIFFERENT. Just cuz others dont do that isnt a good reason to not do something.

You are right that there are other ways to relax, but sometimes weed is just much more effective than other things for THAT person. Like I said before, some people are different. Sometimes those things you suggested dont work for that person. Like HippieSnow05 said before, you gotta understand the person's cirumstances before you judge them. Also, just cuz its illegal doesnt mean it is wrong. The government isnt always right and sometimes let other people's interests shape their laws.

Plus, what about the ones who take legal meds to relax? Xanax or any other social anxiety drugs which have LOTS of side effects? They dont count cuz they are legal? Right? Drugs are drugs. Legal or not. Weed does basically the same thing which is to help you relax except its illegal and have less harmful side effects.

It isnt really that hard to find a reliable source if you know where to look, believe me, so its not really that stressful. The "unsavory" dealers are the ones who deal on the streets. Only idiots go to them. Otherwise, most of the sources are people the smokers know and are usually pretty good people overall and only sell if contacted. MOst even smoke themselves. As for getting caught, I know alot of people who have been smoking regularly for YEARS and they havent been caught. The secret? Dont do stupid shit that increases the possiblity of you getting caught. Most responsible smokers smoke in private or along friends in houses and take precautions, not out in public or places where it is easier for you to get caught. Most of the people I know who have gotten caught were reckless IDIOTS. As long as you dont do something stupid like smoking in a place where it is easy to get caught or go to a dealer on the streets or getting LOTS of weed at one time, I would say theres little to worry about.

As for gettting "impure" weed, weed is a plant that is grown and dried before smoked. Thats it. Its not chemically processed like other drugs. Heres a link on how weed is processed-

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Drying-And-Curing-Marijuana.html

Also, "extra-strength" is just another word for weed that has lots of THC. It doesnt cause unexpected side effects except it makes you higher.

That being said, I have never personally heard of people who have gotten unexpected side effects from weed. I m talking about people who have been smoking regularly for YEARS.

Now, I dont care if you smoke or not, but please be open minded about the ones who do. You will be surprised at how many regular people actually smoke. Not all are losers who sit around and smoke all day. They may be lawyers, doctors, businessmen, etc etc etc.

To those people who are wondering why anyone would smoke pot, I could say this to you- "Why do you (fill in the blank)? I dont understand! I mean, that is kinda stupid because (fill in the blank)."

This could apply to almost anything you do. Hobbies, vices, sports, extreme sports, etc etc etc.

Here is my point- People have their reasons for whatever crap they do. It doesnt matter if you understand or not.

Last edited:
coloravalanche said:
Actually, I am 100% against it! It damages your brain! PERIOD! It isnt good for your health...Even you feel high and think clearly - it still damages your brain!

If you smoke marijuana or weed front of your children...then SHAME ON YOU!

Having relationship with God is the only key to make you happy..not drugs!
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

My own opinion of Marijuana, I would like to see it legalization, why? because the blackmarket wont be able to earn $$$, even the gang members too, plus it cut down putting innocent pot smokers in jail.

Also the prohibition is failing and it arent working, so it an waste of $$$.

Originally Posted by Cloggy
I'd rather see someone that's high on marijuana than someone who's drunk. Unfortunately, alcohol is the legal drug.

I agree with this too.

Originally Posted by coloravalanche
Actually, I am 100% against it! It damages your brain! PERIOD! It isnt good for your health...Even you feel high and think clearly - it still damages your brain!

If you smoke marijuana or weed front of your children...then SHAME ON YOU!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reba said:

:gpost: and AMEN

Use drugs to reduce stress do not solve anything.

When I´m stress... I lovveeeee to soak in a oil bath and look at few candles... :D

When there´re good movie, I want to watch... I like to have a glass of red wine and watch on good movie on TV.

Make evening walking... and watch at sunset... it help to reduce stress... Why drugs...? :roll:

:)
hootster said:
Yes, not everyone smokes weed to relax, but you have to remember that some people are DIFFERENT. Just cuz others dont do that isnt a good reason to not do something.

You are right that there are other ways to relax, but sometimes weed is just much more effective than other things for THAT person. Like I said before, some people are different. Sometimes those things you suggested dont work for that person. Like HippieSnow05 said before, you gotta understand the person's cirumstances before you judge them. Also, just cuz its illegal doesnt mean it is wrong. The government isnt always right and sometimes let other people's interests shape their laws.

Plus, what about the ones who take legal meds to relax? Xanax or any other social anxiety drugs which have LOTS of side effects? They dont count cuz they are legal? Right? Drugs are drugs. Legal or not. Weed does basically the same thing which is to help you relax except its illegal and have less harmful side effects.

It isnt really that hard to find a reliable source if you know where to look, believe me, so its not really that stressful. The "unsavory" dealers are the ones who deal on the streets. Only idiots go to them. Otherwise, most of the sources are people the smokers know and are usually pretty good people overall and only sell if contacted. MOst even smoke themselves. As for getting caught, I know alot of people who have been smoking regularly for YEARS and they havent been caught. The secret? Dont do stupid shit that increases the possiblity of you getting caught. Most responsible smokers smoke in private or along friends in houses and take precautions, not out in public or places where it is easier for you to get caught. Most of the people I know who have gotten caught were reckless IDIOTS. As long as you dont do something stupid like smoking in a place where it is easy to get caught or go to a dealer on the streets or getting LOTS of weed at one time, I would say theres little to worry about.

As for gettting "impure" weed, weed is a plant that is grown and dried before smoked. Thats it. Its not chemically processed like other drugs. Heres a link on how weed is processed-

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Drying-And-Curing-Marijuana.html

Also, "extra-strength" is just another word for weed that has lots of THC. It doesnt cause unexpected side effects except it makes you higher.

That being said, I have never personally heard of people who have gotten unexpected side effects from weed. I m talking about people who have been smoking regularly for YEARS.

Now, I dont care if you smoke or not, but please be open minded about the ones who do. You will be surprised at how many regular people actually smoke. Not all are losers who sit around and smoke all day. They may be lawyers, doctors, businessmen, etc etc etc.

This is way better explianation because I think we should try educate people about this because sometimes they think we just take more drugs than "mota". I only can say, just dont judge them from their own exprience and their cirumstances.

Liebling:-))) said:
:gpost: and AMEN

Use drugs to reduce stress do not solve anything.

When I´m stress... I lovveeeee to soak in a oil bath and look at few candles... :D

When there´re good movie, I want to watch... I like to have a glass of red wine and watch on good movie on TV.

Make evening walking... and watch at sunset... it help to reduce stress... Why drugs...? :roll:

Weed is wrong and pointless, yet red wine is ok? I mean, like weed, red wine does alter your mind and help you relax.

I dont understand the double standard. :dunno:

If you aren't predisposed to alcoholism and enjoy wine in moderation, a glass of red wine can actually be beneficial to your health. From what I understand, there aren't any published studies showing the benefits of weed, aside from it being used as a controlled substance for those suffering from terminal illnesses? Not looking to quarrel here, I just don't know of any possible benefits to pot for the average smoker?

hootster said:
Weed is wrong and pointless, yet red wine is ok? I mean, like weed, red wine does alter your mind and help you relax.

I dont understand the double standard. :dunno:

Red & wine wine is good for heart and also cholesterol level, heart diease, lung, blood pressure. If you drink one or two glass of wine a day is moderately if more than 3 glasses a day is heavy drinker.
I drink red wine sometimes a week... If I watch good movie on TV then drink a glass of red wine... Its better than eat chips, candies while watching on good movies.

Drink alochol moderately is part of Europe culture that´s where I was raised.

I think link of debate over alochol will helps you understand where I come from.

Should the legal drinking age change?

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=23447

Link of health issues.

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=436034&postcount=88

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=436149&postcount=99

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=441816&postcount=233

Saline Eyes said:
If you aren't predisposed to alcoholism and enjoy wine in moderation, a glass of red wine can actually be beneficial to your health. From what I understand, there aren't any published studies showing the benefits of weed, aside from it being used as a controlled substance for those suffering from terminal illnesses? Not looking to quarrel here, I just don't know of any possible benefits to pot for the average smoker?

:gpost:

The doctor advised my hubby to drink red wine moderately due his heart rymthus at 2 years ago.

I think marijuana isn't good for anyone, it's not healthy and it can either put you in prison for life or will be dead on the streets. I can't stand the thought of drugs, it's a turn off for me~ But I'm not going to judge other people who does marijuana because it's their life to deal with, not mine. I try to live a healthy life the best I can. Marijuana can cause a lot of drama between people all the time and it's unreal... Get busted all the time even tho if you don't smoke marijuana with the person, you will still be busted and go to prison for life or whatever... The person can be drug-free and still be in prison for life time. Thats why I don't like to be around people who does drugs, its very uncomforable and who knows who is going to be busting the door down and Im not going to be in that situation! Im going to stay clean and be with drug-free people....

People use drugs as a excuse to help reduce stress and it does not solve anything~ If you need something to help reduce stress go to the doctor and talk to them what your feeling and most of the time they will help the best they can. They can give you some medications to help reduce stress like valuim or other etc. But with Marijuana your taking a risk of getting your ass busted, but with the medication that the doctor gave you, there is a less chance of getting busted since it's a order from the doctor. It's for your own safey! Why risk your reputation with marijunana?? Have more common sense and think of your life?

It's my 2 cents

Saline Eyes said:

Yes, I know that there are health benefits to drinking alcohol in moderation, but lets be real here, most people dont drink alcohol for health reasons.

Besides, why do there have to be health benefits to smoking weed for it to be legal?

There are alot of things that do not benefit our health, yet its not illegal.

ie- fast food, pop, etc. You get my drift.

neecy said:
My take on it? Legalize it and tax the hell out of it! Get growers/sellers/users that are crowding our prisons and taking up space where murders and abusers and pedophiles should be. Its proven that making it illegal is solving NO problems - and its forcing the problem underground, which funds the gangs and other organizations that profit from it.

That will free up some manpower to go after the REAL problem - METH LABS!

I absolutely agree.

I used to live in MN and we had a HUGE meth problem there. I see it with my own eyes.

Back