Many deaf people turned down finding a job

Stop right here!!!!!!! That is Discrimination right there as they stated that "can't hire you because of your DEAF" That's plain wrong for them to say that!!!!! You should go to your deaf service and explain about your situation and file complaint against this bank that you work for and maybe you might sue your bank for discrimination and they are breaking ADA laws right there!!!!!!! Geez!!!!!!!

well long story, I had lawyer to sue the bank. I found out that I was pregnact. I was under stress. My stress was very high. I had little blood in my underwear. Dr said I can lose baby if I let myself to be stress. I talked with my lawyer about it. He was father with two boys. He suggested me to make settlement with bank through the state. We were sucessful and I got lot of money from bank. I had my son. My son is healthy.

I cannot report every company that they say they cannot hire me. I already spend lot of money on lawyer that I was going sue the bank. That why I cannot afford pay lawyer more then more. Ada of utah didnt help much that my ex and his best friend tried sue the airport company but Ada never help them. my ex and his best friend fed up with ADA. Sigh

well long story, I had lawyer to sue the bank. I found out that I was pregnact. I was under stress. My stress was very high. I had little blood in my underwear. Dr said I can lose baby if I let myself to be stress. I talked with my lawyer about it. He was father with two boys. He suggested me to make settlement with bank through the state. We were sucessful and I got lot of money from bank. I had my son. My son is healthy.

I cannot report every company that they say they cannot hire me. I already spend lot of money on lawyer that I was going sue the bank. That why I cannot afford pay lawyer more then more. Ada of utah didnt help much that my ex and his best friend tried sue the airport company but Ada never help them. my ex and his best friend fed up with ADA. Sigh

Ouch...But glad to hear that you are alright and your son is healthy. And not worth to have another lawsuit against banks or others if they broke the ADA laws and the ADA should have help all deaf people's need but i am surprised to see this ADA acts that way!! TSK TSK TSK!!!!!!

Ouch...But glad to hear that you are alright and your son is healthy. And not worth to have another lawsuit against banks or others if they broke the ADA laws and the ADA should have help all deaf people's need but i am surprised to see this ADA acts that way!! TSK TSK TSK!!!!!!

Thank you for understand. I know life is not unfair. sigh

Webexplorer, you can't believe she called her boss?

Get this:

In 1999, I worked at Royal Dominin Securities - Head Office Toronto, three different departments, my title was "Data Entry and Filing Clerk", I did NOTHING but file, I loved it because of the people and deparments I was in,

THEN I was moved into the Human Resources Dept, 1st day I walk in, the papers to be filed are almost up to the ceiling (high ceiling).
(Now I'am wondering who stacked them, and how they added papers when they reached that high)??

I was chatting with everyone, one girl in Payroll got her job out of highschool, on the job training, as with a few girls in the Treasury Dept........

The HR Consultant (who I had an information interview with through the help of the Ontario March of Dimes) wanted to hire me temporairily (just part-time) as a receptionist., BUT she had to get the okay first from her higher up, but wouldn't tell me who this was?

I don't have ANY problems on the phone, as long as the volumne control works!

Days later, I found out someone else got the job full-time permanently (who ain't even there anymore) and she was a receptionist at an insurance company 2 weeks before, and starting her 1st year taking the HR course at the College way north of her new working location, so she'd get off early on certain nights!

Well, the HR Consultant KNEW how interested I WAS in taking the HR course TOO!

1 or 2 weeks later while filing a piece of paper (almost finished everything) my hand wouldn't open, left for the nurses office next door. She watched in disbelief as I took 5 minutes to open my hand.

No report files, because I was a temp. worker hired by RBC-DS, that's when my tendonitis started, and why I can't do normal adm. work or data entry!
And after when I slowly filed the remaining papers, they didn't have 1 single job for me anywhere in the company!

I still feel like filing a Discrimination suit against them, but everyone says, "how can you prove"??????

THEN 3 years later, had the *PERFECT* interview with Royal Trust, it was *PERFECT*, but because I mentioned my tendonits (would need a type of mouse to assist my work in emailing out mail to people / the job description......................perfect job! And just because I mentioned to them about my hearing loss (would require a phone with volumne control...........................they told Kelly Services who sent me for the interview with Royal Trust, that:

"She was ALWAYS talking about her health"................?????

So they got scared, and discriminated, because we talked about tonnes, and the ONLY health topics I mentioned were the two above because I knew I was perfect for the job and the job was perfect for me.

In a BIG city, believe me - you DEFINATELY get more discriminated!

And can you believe the Ontario March of Dimes wouldn't let the Royal Bank hire me, even if they phoned to hire me through them, because it might hurt me,

and I spent 1/2 hour telling them WHY it wouldn't, and why it was perfect for me, aside from the fact I had the job before and the same problem before with my hand and it DIDN'T affect me, and the ON. March of Dimes wanted me to go on Disability instead - because they thought that would be better for me,..........................and why? because of the few little side-effects from taking "Paxil" in 1999-2001 for anxiety which a social agency that helps HOH and Deaf people recommended me to take!

The irony and the bullshit is beyond belief!

AND THEN:

When you need a lawyer (but don't have thousands of dollars) you require applying for Legal Aid (which only assists in some particular cases), according the the rules, and laws and regulations of ALL "those gov't agencies created long ago by mankind to help the people"

So my thought is: okay, so if mankind created these laws and agencies to help the people, and I'am just created by God, and one of the caretakers of this planet, (even though I don't have a PHD, or damage people with war or drugs) why do I need to abide by these stupid laws, if it's up to the people to change the laws for the current times?

And seriously when you ask lawyers and CEO's about this, they are still playing and repeating the old tapes from their mouths, we can't do that because ..... and ...... and .......

So what? It's all Bullshit! Do it for the people to change and make the world better! WAKE-UP!

Despite this, few years ago, say back in 2003 - I was called in for an interview at McDonald's, well the first interview for that job position when I was applying jobs at the accurate age (16 at the time), I was turned down becuase of my deafness, that is what I might have guessed, but the difference, the interviewer was the supervisor of the resturant, a year later in July 2004, I landed another interview at McDonald's again at a different resturant but the supervisor is the same one as the other, (in my area the supervisor supervises three resturants in the southern area.) but the interviewer was the store manager and he hired me for some reasons recalled.

I have been working there for 3 years before I resigned last March. For my curiousity, that the supervisor was pleased to see me working hard while I was employed, why didn't she employ me back in 2003, I showed her that I can do this job, and I proved her the proof, but the worst thing is that they won't let me is to cooko burgers, but until before the old owners sold the resturant, the managers were surprised that I yet ahain proven them that I can cook, as I can use my eyes to listen if they needed special orders, it was too easy and the new owners are more than happy to let me work on the cooking position, and I did it for the last 8 months before I resigned, and I quite enjoyed that.

Right now, I am now working for the government, and they are pretty aware about the deafness :) A lot of interviewers shouldn't turn down the people with hearing impairment, they can show them what they can do, put them in trial on to see if it is suitable for them, it will satisfy them enough.

WOW - Great for you !!

So what do you do in the gov't?

Did you go to college or get special training first?

Is it full-time or part-time or as a consultant?

Usually in Toronto, they "SAY" they don't hire full-time! $@#^%@

WOW - Great for you !!

So what do you do in the gov't?

Did you go to college or get special training first?

Is it full-time or part-time or as a consultant?

Usually in Toronto, they "SAY" they don't hire full-time! $@#^%@

Dannie, I am a I.T Developer and I attend Uni to study the course relating to my job.

Full time Contractor (permenment later in 2009)

Do you have a reason why they won't hire full time positions for the deaf?

Back