Manga/anime

I've never really gotten into Manga/Anime. My loss I reckon....

But I have seen Akira - which I rate as probably one of the best movies I've ever seen, and also "Howls Moving Castle" and "Spirited Away" which were both very very good, and oddly touching.

I enjoy anime films but haven't got into reading manga. The last couple of years I've attended a comic convention where loads of people dress as characters from anime and other films (mainly sci-fi).

My daughter loves Studio Ghibli films and we've watched every single one together apart from 'Grave of the Fireflies'. People who dismiss anime as merely "cartoons" have failed to grasped the awesome beauty and power of anime.
Yeah, my wife loves those Studio Ghibi films.

Which comic convention was it? Ever attend an anime convention before? They have one here in Dallas called A-Kon. :)

Yeah, my wife loves those Studio Ghibi films.

Which comic convention was it? Ever attend an anime convention before? They have one here in Dallas called A-Kon. :)
This is in London, UK. Called London Comic-Con

I did watch previous Full metal Alchemist and movie. I admit it is bit confused at end. I think FMA Brotherhood is more action than FMA.
Yeah. I've never read the manga, but a I heard that FMA:B follwed the manga closely compared to FMA. I enjoyed FMA:B better than FMA. :)

How many episodes of Naruto are there then? I think I stopped somwhere after this filler where some othet guy had part of the 9 tails in him.

Thqts a lot of episodes....thats why i usually watch shorter animes.

LOL. Each episode is roughly 24 minutes. You can just skip the opening and closing scenes. :)

By the way, what other manga do you read other than Naruto? I am hoping you read One Piece.

I never liked Once Piece. Sorry. Right now Corpse Party, Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, Monster....i yhink yhose are the once im reading currently. But i have read other once like Mirai Nikki, ouran high school host club, Another, Fruits Basket,Deadman Wonderland juat to say some. Which once have you read?

I never liked Once Piece. Sorry. Right now Corpse Party, Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, Monster....i yhink yhose are the once im reading currently. But i have read other once like Mirai Nikki, ouran high school host club, Another, Fruits Basket,Deadman Wonderland juat to say some. Which once have you read?

I never have heard of those you are currently reading. I don't really want to pick up any more series as I don't want to add more to my plate.

Why don't you like One Piece??????

I currently read One Piece (obviously), Bleach, Naruto, and Toriko. I once read Full Metal Alchemist. You ought to read Full Metal Alchemist as it is an excellent read!

I have read FMA, pretty good. I don't know why I didn't like One Piece, neither do I like Fairy Tale. Another that that is pretty good is Soul Eater. And my ultimate favorite manga/anime is Death Note. I have thought of reading Torkio

I have read FMA, pretty good. I don't know why I didn't like One Piece, neither do I like Fairy Tale. Another that that is pretty good is Soul Eater. And my ultimate favorite manga/anime is Death Note. I have thought of reading Torkio

Yeah, FMA is pretty good. It ended when it should have! Some manga become such a popular and great read then the author keeps going, only to make the manga no longer exciting in which it becomes less and less popular.

Well, most people when they start reading One Piece, they say the beginning is boring, but they have to understand that character development and excitement takes time to build. So if you start reading One Piece, have patience as you see the characters and plot being built upon and eventually, it'll be fascinating and you won't want to stop.

I've heard of Death Note. Yes, you should read Toriko. It's relatively new as compared to the three I mentioned. Only 266 chapters so far so you should be able to catch up on it in no time. Toriko talks about food all the time! Yum! :)

There is a true-life manga called "Barefoot Gen". Runs to 10 volumes. It's about a boy who survived through the bombing of Hiroshima.

First volume I was hooked! Extremely excellent read! Graphic details of what the boy saw and went through all the way up to adulthood.

scan0005.jpg

There is a true-life manga called "Barefoot Gen". Runs to 10 volumes. It's about a boy who survived through the bombing of Hiroshima.

First volume I was hooked! Extremely excellent read! Graphic details of what the boy saw and went through all the way up to adulthood.

scan0005.jpg

Interesting. The drawing looks excellent!

I read that one it is pretty good. Im still waiting for Corpse Party to translate the next chapters, im kind of losing hope...

scan0005.jpg
There's also an anime of that manga. :)

Did you read this week's manga? What do you think of the most recent chapter of Bleach, One Piece, and Toriko?

Back