Manga/anime

I went to one almost ten years ago dressed as Chi from Chobits. I was thinking I would love to cosplay again. It was so fun! I went to Comic Con here in Ottawa and I took a lot of photos of other costumes. I think dressing up is a whole other art. Some of the costumes were amazing.
Awesome!

I've seen some cosplay that were well-done... with serious work. I even saw a guy with a robotic arm with functioning fingers made out of wood and steampunk designed. He simply used strings to make his fingers function. :)

Oh yeah... Sailor Moon? I saw an obese guy dressed as a Sailor Moon girl. :shock:

Awesome!

I've seen some cosplay that were well-done... with serious work. I even saw a guy with a robotic arm with functioning fingers made out of wood and steampunk designed. He simply used strings to make his fingers function. :)

Oh yeah... Sailor Moon? I saw an obese guy dressed as a Sailor Moon girl. :shock:

Hahahaha! That sounds scary. I dressed up as Pikachu last year to go to work. My Gran made me an awesome costume. I'll try to find some photos.

Hahahaha! That sounds scary. I dressed up as Pikachu last year to go to work. My Gran made me an awesome costume. I'll try to find some photos.
I saw someone at the convention doing cosplay of a Pikachu/Mechwarrior mix. :)

Okay, I'm a closet anime fan >.<
I actually love Sailor Moon..and Dragonball. (weird combo lol)
Now I'm kinda obsessed with Hetalia and
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

Okay, I'm a closet anime fan >.<
I actually love Sailor Moon..and Dragonball. (weird combo lol)
Now I'm kinda obsessed with Hetalia and
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Well, come out of the closet!

How did you get interested in anime?

...My friends are anime fans and they sucked me in! Lol
But I think it was my Japanese class that finally did me in XD
And I just love the cartoon-y art styles (grew up on cartoons)

The only one I care for is "Death Note," which by the way was an awesome Japanese film as well staring Tatsuya Fujiwara and Ken'ichi Matsuyama.

Laura

Oh yeah I also happened to stumble upon this weird anime ova named Kite
and Mezzo Forte O.o

The only one I care for is "Death Note," which by the way was an awesome Japanese film as well staring Tatsuya Fujiwara and Ken'ichi Matsuyama.

Laura

I saw both the live action version and anime version of Death Note. I didn't like how the live action version ended. It cut out too much from what was in the manga. The anime version was better.

Ever read Uzumaki?

I actually enjoyed Death Note (anime) - it was interesting to watch brain vs brain battle.

Only one live action that was made from anime I have seen was Gantz. I hate that anime so much - so slow pacing and completely stupid. However, the live action was much better.

I actually enjoyed Death Note (anime) - it was interesting to watch brain vs brain battle.

Only one live action that was made from anime I have seen was Gantz. I hate that anime so much - so slow pacing and completely stupid. However, the live action was much better.
I haven't seen the live action version yet. I'm waiting to rent it.

I saw the anime, but I don't know if I saw the whole thing. It "ended", but when I saw the DVD listing online... it seemed like there was more.

Yes, it ended right there. According to some people at a forum I hang out, saying that the story continued in manga.

Laura

have you seen the death note animated movies "Re-Light visions of a god" or "successor to L" I have all the live action movies including "L change the world"
the manga the complete box set of the series on dvd. A replica Death Note a Ryuk Plushie doll all the collectable figures and even a death note blanket and t-shirt combo. I am a huge death note nerd even have a autograph from Erika Toda signed to me which is in a frame in my other room.

My friend just made a Zoro reference and my wife thought it was odd because Zorro wasn't an anime character. So, I'm gonna have to get her to watch One Piece with me soon. ;)

Really? No one did?

Well, let me be the first to mention it! :thumb:

I saw the entire anime series (and a few movies) years ago. LONG series. Unfortunately, they never finished the series. :(

I thought it was a good series, but as the series continued... it seemed to drag on and on a bit.

I saw both the live action version and anime version of Death Note. I didn't like how the live action version ended. It cut out too much from what was in the manga. The anime version was better.

Ever read Uzumaki?

I personally prefer the follow-up feature.
L: Change the World

I wasn't crazy about Death Note but I was fascinated with the character of L.

I personally prefer the follow-up feature.
L: Change the World

I wasn't crazy about Death Note but I was fascinated with the character of L.
L is interesting, but I was actually intrigued with how Light thought everything through. ;)

Like Naruto or Bleach but i start read one piece. My favorite anime of all time is FMA Brotherhood.

I enjoy anime films but haven't got into reading manga. The last couple of years I've attended a comic convention where loads of people dress as characters from anime and other films (mainly sci-fi).

My daughter loves Studio Ghibli films and we've watched every single one together apart from 'Grave of the Fireflies'. People who dismiss anime as merely "cartoons" have failed to grasped the awesome beauty and power of anime.

Back