Love to do gardening?

I do.

Obviously many women do or else stores wouldn't keep selling them. ;)

I guess I am thinking of nylons that are women wore in the 50's. I had not panty hoses in years.

I guess I am thinking of nylons that are women wore in the 50's. I had not panty hoses in years.

My MIL still wears the stockings that aren't pantyhose. She can't find pantyhose to fit her in a price range she is willing to pay. She wears stocking that attach to her girdle. Yes, people do still wear those as well.

Moving back to gardening. I have even been known to buy a box of cheap knee-high stockings just to cut up and use for my tomato plants.

I really wish my garden didn't die, but I am in the process of planting new plants.

Enjoying!!! :)

Click here

MYSLIDESHOWGARDENVEGS/FRUITS slideshow by RMAR_ - Photobucket

Sorry I couldn't post slide show this thread? :confused: :)

Green Pea..
Open pods of peas
Green zucchini
Raspberries
My horse Rosie refused to try taste raspberry.:squint:
Unripe raspberries with view my horse Rosie grazed
My baby Rosie :aw:
Blueberries
Red and green sweet peppers
Roma tomato
Three years old Herb Sage...
Sweet Onions
Green tomatillo (perennial) gave by Alldeaf member> Webexplore :ty: and behind two giant pumpkins
Two different kind of herbs lavender
Blackberries
Green Pea
Yellow squash
Cabbage
Spinaches
Garden boxes

I am waiting for my other vegetables growing then more pictures later! :D

I was told pepper plants like company and I should plant them close, have you heard that? I wish I could have a blue berry bush in my yard. Ihate having to pay so much for a box of blue berries and some time there are green berries in the box. you have a cool garden and a cute horse. What is your horse name?

When I was a teenager I wore stockings and garter belt because pantyhose weren't available.

My MIL still wears the stockings that aren't pantyhose. She can't find pantyhose to fit her in a price range she is willing to pay. She wears stocking that attach to her girdle. Yes, people do still wear those as well.

Moving back to gardening. I have even been known to buy a box of cheap knee-high stockings just to cut up and use for my tomato plants.

I really wish my garden didn't die, but I am in the process of planting new plants.
Hubby (TCS) buys boxes of generic brand women's knee highs to use as disposable filters for some of his equipment. He uses dozens of them per month, so they are cheaper to use than official filters. :lol:

Hubby (TCS) buys boxes of generic brand women's knee highs to use as disposable filters for some of his equipment. He uses dozens of them per month, so they are cheaper to use than official filters. :lol:

Yes .... !!!! They make excellent paint strainers!!!

Yes .... !!!! They make excellent paint strainers!!!

They are also good for putting over the bottom of a pot to keep roots from growing out the bottom. Found that out with the kids. They tend to forget their potted plants.

I forgot you could still buy knee high nylons. That least they're good for somethings . They're really bad to wear as they cut off the circulation
in your legs. when I was a health aid , the nurses where always telling the women to stop wearing knee high nylons.

When I was a teenager I wore stockings and garter belt because pantyhose weren't available.

OMG, how I hated wearing this! The stockings were always getting runs in them when you were out.
They're good to wear when robbing a bank . I knew a fool that did this and the cops found him!

I hate when my plants dies ., you put so much time and care into a garden.
when I lived in Ca. the bugs were horrible . The snails were huges and they could really wipe out your plants in no time. I would put broken walnut shell on the ground hoping it keep the snail away. I was told the snails would not want to crawl over the shells as it would hurt them.
And I also put paper cups the at the botton of the plants when I was putting them in the soil to try and keep the cut worms from killing the whole plant. It was all out war against the bugs.

I think Garden plants provides you an open-air establishment where refreshments are served. I had a big lawn with well maintained plants in it which looks good.

Reba, do you get enough sun to your garden?
I think this is the main problem.

We've cut back our trees quite a bit but our garden still gets lots of shade from the neighbors trees. :(

TCS found and ate one strawberry from the garden. :giggle:

We've harvested a bunch of radish sprouts and some chives from the garden. I've also gotten dill from my deck pots. So far, that's all this year.

The blackberry bush is blossoming, and some other plants are slowly growing. I really think more sun would improve things.

Back