Love to do gardening?

Well, it looks good but it's not productive. I wonder if it is too shady for the garden?

You need to count the hours sunny on your vegetable garden more than 6 hours! :)

I am no expert either. I am with naisho about the soil looks like too dry to me. Again i don't know anything about it. My mom used to do garden her yard that i remember the soil was more moisture. Thats all i remember from my childhood with my mom's garden.
We've had thunderstorms every afternoon except yesterday. Today, after I took these pictures, I ran the watering soaker hoses, so the garden isn't dry now. When it doesn't rain, I usually soak the gardens every other day.

We've had thunderstorms every afternoon except yesterday. Today, after I took these pictures, I ran the watering soaker hoses, so the garden isn't dry now. When it doesn't rain, I usually soak the gardens every other day.

Interesting it seems to me that you did everything what the instruction told you so. Do squash look good to you?? just wonder. I know gardening is a tough job. My mom liked egg plants, cucembers, tomatoes, green pepper, and sqaush. I cant remember more. I remember squash turns out green and then yellow. maybe im wrong. its been long time ago. oh yeah, My dad even takes care of figs. lol.

Yep, they do stay green first.
I have one growing right now, check it out.
I'm not serious about it, just for fun and it's the only plant I play with lol. Easy gardening. :cool:

Attachments

• big-green-jolly.jpg
    big-green-jolly.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 9
Reba, I used lattice from home depot and trained the vines on my squash plants through the lattice.

When I get the chance I will post a picture.

I'm not serious about it, just for fun and it's the only plant I play with lol. Easy gardening. :cool:

That's neat how you have that supported. You can even put panty hose over the fruit and tie it to a support.

Nope, it looks like it is but its not. I got a kabocha squash and didn't eat it so I left it in the backyard and buried it some months ago. it grew lol.

Oh. you hid it in your backyard so your mom would think you ate it. tsk tsk tsk it came back to haunt you! hehe

I love all kinds of squash, but this is a variety I am not familiar with. Is it relatively rare, or does it have a restricted growing area?

That's neat how you have that supported. You can even put panty hose over the fruit and tie it to a support.

Yep. Panty hose are great for tying up plants. They don't cut into the stems the way twine does.

I love all kinds of squash, but this is a variety I am not familiar with. Is it relatively rare, or does it have a restricted growing area?

I don't think it's rare or has restricted growing areas... more like it's something us European descendants don't eat very often.

Like I love shiso. Easy to grow anywhere, and they grow like weed, but you almost never find them in the Prairie provinces because only Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean and so on use them in their cookings-- and on the Prairies, it's mostly steaks and East European cookings.

Gardening is so-so but I have deal with allergic to many thing outside, especially grasses.

That's interesting, never thought about pantyhose. Do you use it in your garden?

Oh. you hid it in your backyard so your mom would think you ate it. tsk tsk tsk it came back to haunt you! hehe
I know. :tears: it's like I aborted a fruit but someone left a baby on the doorstep and I can't do anything that will get me in trouble with greenpeace. :(

It's more of an asian cuisine, and popular with the asians. I'm not sure westerners would like it in particular, even I don't like to eat it all the time. It's got a succinct taste to it that is neither sweet, bitter or sourish but an odd one in a way, and is similar to biting into a potato depending on how you cook it. It's hard to explain because I don't think there's any americanized food that tastes like it. Here is a site that I found sums it up for the newcomers, I believe it looks like it is spot on description:
Food Blogga: What is Kabocha Squash?

I don't think it's rare or has restricted growing areas... more like it's something us European descendants don't eat very often.

Yes, that's pretty much the gist of it. It's pretty common around these parts and easy to grow, hell I didn't even do anything except bury one. :cool:

My garden has now died. We had a lot of veggies and were getting a lot out of it, but the extreme heat here lately has done a major number on it and everything has died. We will be cleaning it all out and preparing for another round. This time, I am going with mostly pots or something like that and having them covered from the sun. They get watered each night when the sprinklers go on automatically.

That's interesting, never thought about pantyhose. Do you use it in your garden?

I know. :tears: it's like I aborted a fruit but someone left a baby on the doorstep and I can't do anything that will get me in trouble with greenpeace. :(

It's more of an asian cuisine, and popular with the asians. I'm not sure westerners would like it in particular, even I don't like to eat it all the time. It's got a succinct taste to it that is neither sweet, bitter or sourish but an odd one in a way, and is similar to biting into a potato depending on how you cook it. It's hard to explain because I don't think there's any americanized food that tastes like it. Here is a site that I found sums it up for the newcomers, I believe it looks like it is spot on description:
Food Blogga: What is Kabocha Squash?

Yes, that's pretty much the gist of it. It's pretty common around these parts and easy to grow, hell I didn't even do anything except bury one. :cool:

Ahh...thanks for the link.:ty:

I have to grown my plants in pots on my deck , I live in a condo and there is no place to plant on the ground. Plus we had a wild rabbits here and they would eat my lettuce all up. It not going too good , I am growing peppers two, I found a blue jay in my peppers plant one day! The bird was right in the pot making a mess ,I am not sdure if it was trying to cool off in the wet soil or eat my plant. One year the ants brought in aphids and made an aphids
farm out of my plants ! I was so up set. Ants love aphids milk! Yuck!

I will do collection all raspberries and green pea to freeze today.....Maybe post picture :D

Back