Lottery winner on food stamps:

My father is now profoundly deaf. HA's no longer help him and he has no speech discrimination. We share the same inner ear progressive nerve damage.

My sister was diagnosed with the same exact hearing loss as my father a few years ago. She has 3 children. Her youngest daughter also has the same hearing loss as the rest of us.

My sister has a nation wide ministry called "Church for Chicks" and has her own television talk show as well as appears on Fox News occasionally as a commentator on subjects of faith.

I have never heard of the omega packs you mentioned, and I may have misunderstood something you said. My father was not the founder of P.A.C.E. he founded a school and a church.

I think it is great you homeschooling. Research is showing kids thrive in the right kind of homeschooling programs as long as they are in a network of other homeschoolers.

Ohhhh, I get it. He founded a school, and the school used P.A.C.E. I was thinking he started the P.A.C.E. program itself.

Sounds like a strong and talented family.

Even people who usually do not like homeschooling think it was the best thing for our kids when we point out that with the military, one year our kids would have had four different public schools, as well as missing a month of school while we traveled between assignments. The would haev started school on the base in Japan, gone to one school in Alaska and then had to switch after two months when we finally found a house, and then the military moved us before the school year was over, and we went to Nebraska. No way they could have kept up if they'd been in school.

For us, with military life and my husband's work schedule, homeschooling meant stability in education, and seeing their dad. In fact, for several years, my husband was the only parent in his unit who got to see his kids during the week.
The unit worked 2-midnight, so they were at work when the kids got home from school, and the kids were in bed when their dads got home. Because we homeschooled, we just followed my husband's schedule and they got to see him every day when he wasn't traveling with the job.

Plus, I just loved homeschooling.:D

Usher Syndrome is person who born deaf with progressively degrade of vision, the degrade of vision isn't start until late childhood or teen, right after night blindness. The side vision, sometime top and bottom are degrade to tunnel vision, it means you only see central vision, however in some cases, degrade of central vision will occur to complete blindness. Usher Syndrome is different from cases to other cases.
Usher Syndrome

Thansk for explaining. Wow. That must be tough to deal with.

Ohhhh, I get it. He founded a school, and the school used P.A.C.E. I was thinking he started the P.A.C.E. program itself.

Sounds like a strong and talented family.

Even people who usually do not like homeschooling think it was the best thing for our kids when we point out that with the military, one year our kids would have had four different public schools, as well as missing a month of school while we traveled between assignments. The would haev started school on the base in Japan, gone to one school in Alaska and then had to switch after two months when we finally found a house, and then the military moved us before the school year was over, and we went to Nebraska. No way they could have kept up if they'd been in school.

For us, with military life and my husband's work schedule, homeschooling meant stability in education, and seeing their dad. In fact, for several years, my husband was the only parent in his unit who got to see his kids during the week.
The unit worked 2-midnight, so they were at work when the kids got home from school, and the kids were in bed when their dads got home. Because we homeschooled, we just followed my husband's schedule and they got to see him every day when he wasn't traveling with the job.

Plus, I just loved homeschooling.:D

We have military in our family too :) My uncle was in the Red Horse Squadron in the USAF and now is a "dorm mom" at Admiral Farragut Academy in St. Pete, Fla. Here he is after doing a routine inspection with recovered "contraband" :giggle:

unclebill.jpg

I also have another uncle that was a combat engineer in the Army and served in Vietnam in what he called the Rome Plow Landclearers. He also worked for the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs as a Biomedical Engineer. He is currently an Arizona Ranger.

http://www.alldeaf.com/war-politica...-receive-warrior-medal-valor.html#post1922468

The above link was a thread I started about what he does. He is a friend of the Navajo Nation (we are part Miami - Native American) and was selected by the US Army to award the Warrior Medal of Valor to the WWII "Codetalkers":

One of the last of the Navajo Code Talkers receives medal - The Prescott Daily Courier - Prescott, Arizona

Back