Lottery winner on food stamps:

ARen't you in Alabama? I've been to Alabama more than once. I didn't notice a lack of grocery stores.

Alabama Grocery Stores | Find a Grocery Store in AL
Over five thousand grocery stores listed.

Grocery Store Weekly Ads - Alabama

Here's a list of grocery store chains in Alabama that offer double coupons:
Bruno's
Food Giant
Food World
Fred's
Kroger
Lucky's
Piggly Wiggly
Winn-Dixie

Once more, it seems somebody is lying to you.

I live in Alabama for 4 years, except for 6 months in DC. I'm not lying at you about many grocery stores closed, especially Bruno's, Winn Dixie, Western Supermarket and Food World due to huge sale loss because massive Walmart expansion, usually in Birmingham metro. I only have one Publix that closer to our house and Publix isn't kicked in market until 2002 to compete with Walmart.

I had been in Alabama so numerous times, even early 90's too and there were MANY MANY grocery stores in past, just prior to massive Walmart expansion.

No Kroger in Birmingham metro, Food Giant is only in Roebuck/Huffman and other one in Pinson, too far away from our area. I never heard about Lucky's, even not in Birmingham metro. Bruno's and Food World are dying up and too many stores closed, last one in our area was closed in few years ago. Some Winn Dixie are closed but not bad as Food World and Bruno's does --- ( http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/22/business/22grocery.html ). There are several Publix as well and they are well constructed.

Somebody don't tell me, I just look on my own and I live in about 30 miles away from Birmingham. You are obviously fool person and you rather to look on your own, also didn't trust anyone who live in area. Let me repeat for you - I LIVE IN ALABAMA, that it and I know about their history, period.

BTW, don't compare my post over free voter ID with photo and I use my opinion against it, even it is not free if it has goes with red tape.

I live in the South. Walmart hasn't put our grocery stores out of business. If I drive from my house to the Super Walmart I pass a Publix, and a Bi-Lo. If I take a different route, I also pass a Food Lion. If I go the opposite direction from my house to another Walmart, I pass a Piggly Wiggly and a Bi-Lo.

I live in the South. Walmart hasn't put our grocery stores out of business. If I drive from my house to the Super Walmart I pass a Publix, and a Bi-Lo. If I take a different route, I also pass a Food Lion. If I go the opposite direction from my house to another Walmart, I pass a Piggly Wiggly and a Bi-Lo.

Food Lion has gone out of business here in Jax....and I heard that Winn-Dixie was changing the name to Bi-Lo ???...Or that Bi-Lo had bought them out, not sure which is which yet....haven't seen any Piggly Wigglies here in Jax at all....We do have Rowe's (used to be Albertson's).

Watch your mouth, son.

Grayma has lost my respect and she/he hasn't introduce about who is her/him.

I'm not lie about resident in Alabama and situation with groceries.

Fred's isn't grocery and they are drugstore that sell small part of foods.

Yay!

U.S. News - Michigan: No food stamps for $1 million lotto winner

"I thought that they would cut me off, but since they didn't I thought maybe it was OK because I'm not working," Clayton told WDIV. "I feel that it's OK because I have no income, and I have bills to pay. I have two houses."

If a person who wins a lottery of that amount and thinks they are entitled to continued welfare support signifies a disease with that kind of an attitude.

Yay!

U.S. News - Michigan: No food stamps for $1 million lotto winner

If a person who wins a lottery of that amount and thinks they are entitled to continued welfare support signifies a disease with that kind of an attitude.

lol, I watch some documentaries on TV about some people used gambling as source of income to replace the job. It is obviously that anyone should be expert in gambling to make much money to meet cost of living. I'm no good in gambling and I just want complete the college degree in 2 years before get a better job.

Grayma has lost my respect and she/he hasn't introduce about who is her/him.

I'm not lie about resident in Alabama and situation with groceries.

I do not think I can lose something I obviously never had, but I do think it's possible to disagree with people without being rude and insulting.

Regarding who I am, I did post an introduction. I've posted a picture of my dad and one of my grandbabies. I've given a link to the blog where I've been posting since 2005. I'm a Christian. I've been married to my wonderful husband since 1982. He's retired Air Force. He was unemployed for most of February and part of March, but now he's working full time as a teacher's aide in the special ed classroom, making 35% of what he was making before he became unemployed. I'm a homeschooling mom with seven kids and four grandbabies, a fifth on the way. I also help take care of my two godsons on weekends and holidays- by 'help' I mean they live with us on weekends and holidays. I'm hearing. My major in school 30 years ago was deaf ed. I quit to get married. A deaf lady has been coming to our church and she's helping me review the signs I used to know and learn new ones, which is how I found All Deaf. I'm a pro-life libertarian. I've always used sign with my hearing babies and we all sign some with the grandbabies. I deeply regret not using more sign. I don't know why I didn't. One of my children was adopted when she was almost 6. She is mentally retarded and signs to communicate but only can sign about fifty words. Nearly all of his has been posted here before. What else do you want to know?
Oh, Grayma is my 2 year old grandson's name for me. I think it's adorable.

I didn't say you lied. I said somebody is lying to you. I said that because many of your opinions seem to me be based on leftwing talking points rather than facts.
Walmart didn't put all the grocery stores out of business.

I do not think I can lose something I obviously never had, but I do think it's possible to disagree with people without being rude and insulting.

Regarding who I am, I did post an introduction. I've posted a picture of my dad and one of my grandbabies. I've given a link to the blog where I've been posting since 2005. I'm a Christian. I've been married to my wonderful husband since 1982. He's retired Air Force. He was unemployed for most of February and part of March, but now he's working full time as a teacher's aide in the special ed classroom, making 35% of what he was making before he became unemployed. I'm a homeschooling mom with seven kids and four grandbabies, a fifth on the way. I also help take care of my two godsons on weekends and holidays- by 'help' I mean they live with us on weekends and holidays. I'm hearing. My major in school 30 years ago was deaf ed. I quit to get married. A deaf lady has been coming to our church and she's helping me review the signs I used to know and learn new ones, which is how I found All Deaf. I'm a pro-life libertarian. I've always used sign with my hearing babies and we all sign some with the grandbabies. I deeply regret not using more sign. I don't know why I didn't. One of my children was adopted when she was almost 6. She is mentally retarded and signs to communicate but only can sign about fifty words. Nearly all of his has been posted here before. What else do you want to know?

I didn't say you lied. I said somebody is lying to you. I said that because many of your opinions seem to me be based on leftwing talking points rather than facts.

I don't say all groceries are out of business after massive Walmart expansion but plenty of them, especially in Birmingham metro that once to have numerous grocery stores in almost one to few blocks away but not anymore. Most groceries closing ever are Food World and Bruno's, however they are under same company, also Piggly Wiggly is under same company, I believe so.

Interesting about your introduction and where are you from?

For me, let me introduce, I was born in North Carolina and lived until 1989. My parent didn't find that I was HoH until 1 year old after they realize about had a difficult with hearing. We lived in Florida from 1989 to 1991, Alabama in 1991-1993, California in 1993-2006, Illinois in 2006-2008 then finally back to Alabama in 2008, except from July 2011 to Jan 2012 that I lived in DC due to Gallaudet University. I was once to be extremely disadvantaged student after grew up in special education and I didn't act up to made a huge improvement after I transferred to deaf school. After had issue with deaf school, I transferred back to hearing school for 12th grade and graduated with certificate in June 2006 but not received a HS diploma until August 2006 after passed last graduation exam. I worked at Walmart for almost 4 years and I had deal with numerous management mistreatment over disability, including discrimination, however no fire but just refuse to have a communication with me. I just guess on my own and try to find a place to finish the job but manager got pissed off and told me to work in garden. I do have usher syndrome. I'm really had many accidents in work due to lack of attention and store manager discussed with me in private about situation with accidents. He said having many accident reports will result in termination but my boss rather to let me to resign with two weeks notice instead of getting fired, just in closer to college start in Spring 2010. I was diagnosed with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and kidney stone in few months during workplace prior to resign. The kidney stone was gone but IBS isn't very manageable, it just make extremely difficult to focus on work. I enrolled at Gallaudet University during Fall 2011 but had to withdrew after IBS went out of control so I prefer to live with my families that make me feel more comfortable. Recently, I got accepted at UAB as transfer student and will not start until fall.

You are a testament to the fact that you are capable of disagreeing politely. I have seen it and appreciate it.

I don't say all groceries are out of business after massive Walmart expansion but plenty of them, especially in Birmingham metro that once to have numerous grocery stores in almost one to few blocks away but not anymore. Most groceries closing ever are Food World and Bruno's, however they are under same company, also Piggly Wiggly is under same company, I believe so.

For me, let me introduce, I was born in North Carolina and lived until 1989. My parent didn't find that I was HoH until 1 year old after they realize about had a difficult with hearing. We lived in Florida from 1989 to 1991, Alabama in 1991-1993, California in 1993-2006, Illinois in 2006-2008 then finally back to Alabama in 2008, except from July 2011 to Jan 2012 that I lived in DC due to Gallaudet University. I was once to be extremely disadvantaged student after grew up in special education and I didn't act up to made a huge improvement after I transferred to deaf school. After had issue with deaf school, I transferred back to hearing school for 12th grade and graduated with certificate in June 2006 but not received a HS diploma until August 2006 after passed last graduation exam. I worked at Walmart for almost 4 years and I had deal with numerous management mistreatment over disability, including discrimination, however no fire but just refuse to have a communication with me. I just guess on my own and try to find a place to finish the job but manager got pissed off and told me to work in garden. I do have usher syndrome. I'm really had many accidents in work due to lack of attention and store manager discussed with me in private about situation with accidents. He said having many accident reports will result in termination but my boss rather to let me to resign with two weeks notice instead of getting fired, just in closer to college start in Spring 2010. I was diagnosed with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and kidney stone in few months during workplace prior to resign. The kidney stone was gone but IBS isn't very manageable, it just make extremely difficult to focus on work. I enrolled at Gallaudet University during Fall 2011 but had to withdrew after IBS went out of control so I prefer to live with my families that make me feel more comfortable. Recently, I got accepted at UAB as transfer student and will not start until fall.

Congrats on your acceptance to UAB!!!

And Foxrac, could you start a thread about what happened at your job, and why your boss terminated you for "too many accidents" (was it a result of you having Usher's Syndrome?)

and here is my introduction to the two of you :wave:

My name is Steven. I was born in Springfield, Missourri while my mother and father attended the Baptist Bible College there. My father, mother, older brother and I moved to Orlando, Fla. where my sister was born. Then, the 5 of us moved to New Port Richey, Fla. (where my baby sister was born) where my father established and became pastor of Bible Baptist Church on Cecelia Drive (it's still there! but we are not). He also established the Bible Baptist Christian School which used the P.A.C.E. model of education.

When I was 4 years old, I got very sick and had a severe ear infection. I started wearing HA's soon after (the same exact thing happened to my father while he was in College, as well as his brother, who also lost his hearing in College). I grew up oral and mainstreamed. While in a Christian School environment, I thrived. When placed in public schools, I got bullied for being HoH on a daily basis. I learned how to defend myself then and how to be a "smart ass".

We moved to Georgia when I was in the 6th grade. I attended Marietta Christian School the first year we were here. Then, that school went belly up and we were placed in public oral mainstream schools.

While in High School, my hearing got worse. I met a deaf person, who is still my best friend to this day, that taught me ASL and introduced me to other kids my age that were deaf and hoh. They all went to a different High School than me. That was when I came "out of my shell". I did far better in a deaf friendly environment - only because I was able to absorb more of what was going on. When in an oral mainstream education environment - my mind wandered as I couldn't understand what was going on - so I would give up. Because I could speak so clearly, and did well on written assignments, this confused a lot of my teachers (even my family) that I was just pretending to not be able to hear what was being said. I am sure a lot of other HoH individuals can relate to this. I did far better in Language courses that did not involve a lot of lectures because of all the reading. Courses involving lectures had me mystified as to what was going on.

After High School I became a construction contractor and moved to Florida. I also worked at a Golf Course for a couple of years before moving back to Georgia. I think, at one point, I was working 3 jobs. I eventually decided to attend Reinhardt College. I did "ok" until a math Professor there angrily yelled at me that he couldn't repeat everything he said just for me.

So I transferred to Gally. I was there from 1997-2003 with two majors and a minor (yep, still pending ... long story on that one).

I have been married and divorced and remarried. No kids but working on it.

Nice to meet you both.

I don't play lottery, it is not worth the money. I have job and not going to screw up my career. Why? Majority of lottery players are poverty, and believe it or not which is up to you that rich people rarely play lottery. Also, majority of lottery winners goes broke within 6 months! Mainly because of taxes and they don't know how to handle huge amount of money which is very common. Many of them think they can handle instant rich, and once they hit jackpot, their thinking and feelings instantly changed and they are in shock which clouds their mind leading to mis-manage the monies. That is why this welfare bitch got screwed up.
I don't care if this bitch won money and still collect welfare, what I DO care is that this bitch should not use welfare money to play lottery in the first place. I believe that people should never use government to gamble. My point is, if they want to play lottery, fine but use their own money from earning at work. Welfare money should be used for food, shelter, and transportation for necessity related activities and nothing else.

Thanks for the introduction. It sounds like you have worked hard to overcome a lot of issues- I don't mean the deafness, but the fact that it wasn't discovered until you were a year old, changing schools so frequently, and the problems your managers had with communication.
I have a friend with IBS, too. Sometimes she finds something that works for a couple of years, and then it doesn't work anymore and she spends another year or so finding a new approach.
I'm sorry, I do not know what Usher Syndrome is.
What part of California? We used to live in the central coast area, and my husband grew up on an orange grove in San Bernadino county.

If it's okay with you, can I send you a private message about where I now live? The biological mother of our adopted kids is something of a cyber stalker. I think our girls are old enough now that she's no longer a dangerous threat, but she is a pain. That's why I try to post anonymously and prefer not to mention my location on public forums.

I'm not very good at the secrecy thing, but fortunately, she's not that good at cyber-stalking either. She did find my home address twice, but both times it was the address we'd moved away from six months previously. We don't plan to move ever again, so I'm trying to be more careful now.

and here is my introduction to the two of you :wave:

My name is Steven. I was born in Springfield, Missourri while my mother and father attended the Baptist Bible College there. My father, mother, older brother and I moved to Orlando, Fla. where my sister was born. Then, the 5 of us moved to New Port Richey, Fla. (where my baby sister was born) where my father established and became pastor of Bible Baptist Church on Cecelia Drive (it's still there! but we are not). He also established the Bible Baptist Christian School which used the P.A.C.E. model of education.

When I was 4 years old, I got very sick and had a severe ear infection. I started wearing HA's soon after (the same exact thing happened to my father while he was in College, as well as his brother, who also lost his hearing in College). I grew up oral and mainstreamed. While in a Christian School environment, I thrived. When placed in public schools, I got bullied for being HoH on a daily basis. I learned how to defend myself then and how to be a "smart ass".

We moved to Georgia when I was in the 6th grade. I attended Marietta Christian School the first year we were here. Then, that school went belly up and we were placed in public oral mainstream schools.

While in High School, my hearing got worse. I met a deaf person, who is still my best friend to this day, that taught me ASL and introduced me to other kids my age that were deaf and hoh. They all went to a different High School than me. That was when I came "out of my shell". I did far better in a deaf friendly environment - only because I was able to absorb more of what was going on. When in an oral mainstream education environment - my mind wandered as I couldn't understand what was going on - so I would give up. Because I could speak so clearly, and did well on written assignments, this confused a lot of my teachers (even my family) that I was just pretending to not be able to hear what was being said. I am sure a lot of other HoH individuals can relate to this. I did far better in Language courses that did not involve a lot of lectures because of all the reading. Courses involving lectures had me mystified as to what was going on.

After High School I became a construction contractor and moved to Florida. I also worked at a Golf Course for a couple of years before moving back to Georgia. I think, at one point, I was working 3 jobs. I eventually decided to attend Reinhardt College. I did "ok" until a math Professor there angrily yelled at me that he couldn't repeat everything he said just for me.

So I transferred to Gally. I was there from 1997-2003 with two majors and a minor (yep, still pending ... long story on that one).

I have been married and divorced and remarried. No kids but working on it.

Nice to meet you both.

:wave: Nice to meet you, too.

As a homeschooling mom, I am familiar with P.A.C.E. That's not the approach we used, but I've known others who did. Have you heard of the Alpha Omega Lifepacs? Is that the same thing?

Am I understanding you correctly, that your father is also deaf or HoH? I had never heard that about the founder of P.A.C.E. That's kind of cool.

I don't play lottery, it is not worth the money. I have job and not going to screw up my career. Why? Majority of lottery players are poverty, and believe it or not which is up to you that rich people rarely play lottery. Also, majority of lottery winners goes broke within 6 months! Mainly because of taxes and they don't know how to handle huge amount of money which is very common.... .

Good for you. I don't play the lottery, either. The chances of winning a lottery are very, very small- a person is more likely to get hit by lightening than win the lottery.
One of the many sad things about this story is that I am afraid other poor people will be encouraged to spend their money on lottery tickets.

:wave: Nice to meet you, too.

As a homeschooling mom, I am familiar with P.A.C.E. That's not the approach we used, but I've known others who did. Have you heard of the Alpha Omega Lifepacs? Is that the same thing?

Am I understanding you correctly, that your father is also deaf or HoH? I had never heard that about the founder of P.A.C.E. That's kind of cool.

My father is now profoundly deaf. HA's no longer help him and he has no speech discrimination. We share the same inner ear progressive nerve damage.

My sister was diagnosed with the same exact hearing loss as my father a few years ago. She has 3 children. Her youngest daughter also has the same hearing loss as the rest of us.

My sister has a nation wide ministry called "Church for Chicks" and has her own television talk show as well as appears on Fox News occasionally as a commentator on subjects of faith.

I have never heard of the omega packs you mentioned, and I may have misunderstood something you said. My father was not the founder of P.A.C.E. he founded a school and a church.

I think it is great you homeschooling. Research is showing kids thrive in the right kind of homeschooling programs as long as they are in a network of other homeschoolers.

Thanks for the introduction. It sounds like you have worked hard to overcome a lot of issues- I don't mean the deafness, but the fact that it wasn't discovered until you were a year old, changing schools so frequently, and the problems your managers had with communication.
I have a friend with IBS, too. Sometimes she finds something that works for a couple of years, and then it doesn't work anymore and she spends another year or so finding a new approach.
I'm sorry, I do not know what Usher Syndrome is.
What part of California? We used to live in the central coast area, and my husband grew up on an orange grove in San Bernadino county.

If it's okay with you, can I send you a private message about where I now live? The biological mother of our adopted kids is something of a cyber stalker. I think our girls are old enough now that she's no longer a dangerous threat, but she is a pain. That's why I try to post anonymously and prefer not to mention my location on public forums.

I'm not very good at the secrecy thing, but fortunately, she's not that good at cyber-stalking either. She did find my home address twice, but both times it was the address we'd moved away from six months previously. We don't plan to move ever again, so I'm trying to be more careful now.

Usher Syndrome is person who born deaf with progressively degrade of vision, the degrade of vision isn't start until late childhood or teen, right after night blindness. The side vision, sometime top and bottom are degrade to tunnel vision, it means you only see central vision, however in some cases, degrade of central vision will occur to complete blindness. Usher Syndrome is different from cases to other cases.
Usher Syndrome

For California, I used to lived in LA metro - San Fernando Valley but my parent still live there.

Sure, no problem about send a private messaging, and I got your private messaging and will plan to reply today.

Nice meet with you.

Back