Looking for new hearing aids

EyesBlueDeaf said:
Oh I see, then why is it irreversible? I've always thought that the cochlea is removed. Thanks for educating me :)

Actually it's not irreversible. The newer ones like freedom are designed to cause less damage to the cochlea when inserted...or so they say.

Now having that let me try something brb........go find HA for the left ear (which now has CI) stick in ear, sqeal crackle sqeal no one around to try to talk to so don't know how much vocal understanding I have with eletrode inserted in cochlea. Hear noise though.

If for whatever reason I needed to have the CI removed they would use alot of care to preserve residuel hearing. I don't know about the CI from Advanced bionics design though but I would think they've started using a design that doesn't cause as much damage as a straight eletrode implant.

Can I wear the HA at the same time as CI, of course not since the CI is taking up the space over my ear. Besides I didn't like the way the HA worked before CI so won't go back. :)

I didn't see this thread, Thanks for a friend of mine who send me a private message about this thread.

I'm so sorry that you went through all this and knowing that the CI did nothing for you, but only cause conflicts. I hope you'll be allright. :hug:

Back