Looking for new hearing aids

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have appointment at Hearing Center and they will check up, hearing test, fill up the mold and something.

I'm looking for new hearing aids, what kind of brand of HA is best?

I need have new hearing aids that can hear up to 95 dbs, that more stronger and less damage my hair.

Bad news, I'm not quality for get CI anymore since implant is messed up but I will get surgery in around late, or in future after if I get damage in brain but supposed to check up on CT scan but it's alright right now. Leads in CI is pretty loose off, not connect to nerves properly. I hate surgery and that's painful. My insurance rejected to cover all of surgery to remove the CI>

I cannot swim in pool or in ocean without earring pad to prevent from water in my ear that where CI lead is located in it, it make so pain in my ear, that's not pleasant to live with it.

TrippLA said:
I have appointment at Hearing Center and they will check up, hearing test, fill up the mold and something.

I need have new hearing aids that can hear up to 95 dbs, that more stronger and less damage my hair.

Bad news, I'm not quality for get CI anymore since implant is messed up but I will get surgery in around late, or in future after if I get damage in brain but supposed to check up on CT scan but it's alright right now. Leads in CI is pretty loose off, not connect to nerves properly. I hate surgery and that's painful. My insurance rejected to cover all of surgery to remove the CI>

I cannot swim in pool or in ocean without earring pad to prevent from water in my ear that where CI lead is located in it, it make so pain in my ear, that's not pleasant to live with it.
In what way is your implant messed up?
I didn't know that you have to wear something in your ear to prevent water from getting into your ear. I have a friend who also have a CI but I have never seen her putting anything in her ear when she went swimming unless I must have missed it :dunno:
By the way, hope everything will go well with you.

My wife is very sensitive to water in her ears so she wears ear plugs whenever she goes swimming.

I think TrippLA has the same kind of ear infection; nothing related to CI. Correct me if I'm wrong, Trip.

Trip, Try Phonaks....those are DAMN amazing! Also, you may wanna experiment....like see if a larger aid might help you get more sound or talk to your audi about high frequncy transponders. Also keep a notebook about what you liked/didn't like about the various and sundry aids you tried out.

I'm in the same situation as TrippLA.. I think I'll get the Neon PP from puretone. I really need a new digital aid.

I think,Best brands are oticon, phonak, unitron.

Aw, I am sorry that you had to go through. Do hope that HAs will help you alot better when you get new ones. Don't forget to ask for a 2nd doctor for better advice/suggestion, if you are not sure with the 1st doctor just in case.

TrippLA said:

Tripp your not making sense hon. Which is it? In one post you state that you donated your CI to a hearing center meaning it has been removed, in other posts you state you cannot get the surgery! I am completely confused!

http://alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=546985&postcount=36

http://alldeaf.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=547432

Bear said:
Tripp your not making sense hon. Which is it? In one post you state that you donated your CI to a hearing center meaning it has been removed, in other posts you state you cannot get the surgery! I am completely confused!

http://alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=546985&postcount=36

http://alldeaf.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=547432

Excuse me, you don't know about CI too.

Read my sentence again, I just donated my processor device at Hearing Center, it don't matters if it said CI or whatever.

TrippLA said:

OUCH! I am soo sorry heard that! Thats why I am scare and chick CI!!! But one thing happy that you have a coverage Ins. Then No worry!

When I used to be able to benefit from aids I had Phonaks BTEs the whole time. I tried other brands but they didn't work as well for me as Phonaks.

Great move for you to donate your external CI - I'm sure there is a very happy user somewhere out there!

I would recommend Phonak (from my experience) also Oticon as well and one of my friend who has a deaf son that has ci. He suggested the one from Sonovation at http://www.avrsono.com/

Back