Looking for new hearing aids

TrippLA said:
You and other members
I don't mean person I mean which brand :)

but anyway... it is known that Phonak and Oticon can comes in color. the ones from Sonovation, I do not know if it can be in colors but their website show nothing about colors.

Most aids come in colors.....ask your audi! I wanted one ever since I saw the display in my audi's office!

Yea, it's started in late 90's that can choose colors for HA.

There's different decorative for HA like kiddy mold with smile face, frog and different. There's fake flowers to hang in on cord of mold, just hang in side of ear, just popular for women.

Last edited:
There's decorative for HA, started in around late 90's
contempflower.jpg

contempleaves.jpg

Great for kids, different mold colors for adult
earmold.jpg

earmoldfrog.jpg

earmoldstripes.jpg

That's awesome one
nikosonic1.jpg

Different colors from Phonak
phonakBTE_large.jpg

Awesome !! Do you have the link for those display HAs ? I would like to explore through it. :)

My insurance rejected to cover all of surgery to remove the CI>

can you and your mom appeal, or try talk to lawyers?
IMO since you had ann accident and then MRI without removing the magnet prior to entering MRI tube, I think you should have grounds to have it covered.
It is not like you got bored and want to removed- you had an accident!

Fuzzy

TrippLA said:
I have appointment at Hearing Center and they will check up, hearing test, fill up the mold and something.

I'm looking for new hearing aids, what kind of brand of HA is best?

I need have new hearing aids that can hear up to 95 dbs, that more stronger and less damage my hair.

Bad news, I'm not quality for get CI anymore since implant is messed up but I will get surgery in around late, or in future after if I get damage in brain but supposed to check up on CT scan but it's alright right now. Leads in CI is pretty loose off, not connect to nerves properly. I hate surgery and that's painful. My insurance rejected to cover all of surgery to remove the CI>

I cannot swim in pool or in ocean without earring pad to prevent from water in my ear that where CI lead is located in it, it make so pain in my ear, that's not pleasant to live with it.
TrippLA, did you say you already have CI? Is it in only 1 ear or both? Because whichever ear that CI is implanted, it's irreversible.. cannot go back to HA's because the cochlea had been removed. Please clarify.

EyesBlueDeaf said:
TrippLA, did you say you already have CI? Is it in only 1 ear or both? Because whichever ear that CI is implanted, it's irreversible.. cannot go back to HA's because the cochlea had been removed. Please clarify.

That's absolutely right TrippLA, if you get a HA, you will have to get it in the other ear that does NOT have the CI in it.. A HA will NOT work if you get one for the side that has your CI.

Good luck to you-- I enjoy reading your posts and learning about your experience.. it's important for everyone to know some of the risks and negative sides of CI as well!

:)

Are you seriously? I can't believe that.

The tests will show what's possible what is not. I would have implanted ear tested with HA on it, too. One never knows.

Fuzzy

I will wait and see if it's works then tell to you in next Thursday.

EyesBlueDeaf said:
cochlea is NOT removed. :) the cochlea is intact... just that the cochlea has been inserted with electrode.

Boult said:
cochlea is NOT removed. :) the cochlea is intact... just that the cochlea has been inserted with electrode.

Yea, that right.

Boult said:

LOL, I was waiting for somebody to correct her.

Boult said:
Oh I see, then why is it irreversible? I've always thought that the cochlea is removed. Thanks for educating me :)

Back