Local Jail not set for the deaf

I agree with allowing deaf to at least have an access to TTY. It's almost like denying a wheelchair to a disabled person in prison and expect them to walk without it if they want to move around. It's really not fair that prisoners who can hear can use the phone and deaf people can not. People can't help it that they are deaf (or can't walk or blind)

TTY is kind of being phased out. Video phones, captel, SMS, etc.. is becoming the standard.

Ohhh guess what? I got pulled over by the cops just before pulling in at the terminal because one headlight was broken. All I could think was how glad I didnt drink one beer. :lol:

Why you driving around with broken light? :hmm:

Why you driving around with broken light? :hmm:

I used my hubby's SUV since mine was in the shop. My hubby forgot about his front headlight not working. He got it fixed.

Btw, they say cell phone drivers and drowsy drivers are more worse then drunk drivers.

Btw, they say cell phone drivers and drowsy drivers are more worse then drunk drivers.

They made that against the law in my states. The only different is that you can put your cellphone away but you can not put drunkness away so you should not be driving in the first place.

that is difficult to changelle follow rule.. I thought to rule follow.. l surprised.. I wonder you know really law :wave:

Everytime situations come up that involve lack of or no access, especially where PD's are concerned, it embarasses and infuriates me.

Good because it should.
I think I just said that :roll:

We, the FD and PD, are still fighting for basic instruction but the City is still balking at funding for the training.
Some may remember that the fire marshal and I have a Certified Interpreter/CODA/College Professor lined up and waiting to implement a program for all officers (FD and PD) and any other department who wishes to send employees for a series of ASL levels.
The City has not budged, and just like the State of Ohio to it's divisions, has made statement that "it's not necessary or needed" - so much for government adhering to and applying the ADA - grumble! :shock:

So, I am still called upon all the time and still start out with - "Not interpreter me, I can help until an interpreter arrives. You need interpreter - right!"

We are still bringing it up to every council person we can and still requesting.

I think I just said that :roll:

We, the FD and PD, are still fighting for basic instruction but the City is still balking at funding for the training.
Some may remember that the fire marshal and I have a Certified Interpreter/CODA/College Professor lined up and waiting to implement a program for all officers (FD and PD) and any other department who wishes to send employees for a series of ASL levels.
The City has not budged, and just like the State of Ohio to it's divisions, has made statement that "it's not necessary or needed" - so much for government adhering to and applying the ADA - grumble! :shock:

So, I am still called upon all the time and still start out with - "Not interpreter me, I can help until an interpreter arrives. You need interpreter - right!"

We are still bringing it up to every council person we can and still requesting.

What is going to happen after you retire? Are you implementing a plan for the PD or what?

What is going to happen after you retire? Are you implementing a plan for the PD or what?

The fact still remains that under the law, any institution that receives any kind of federal funding must be accessable to the disabled. That includes jails. One complaint with the DOJ could result in them loosing whatever funding they receive, leaving them with even less funds to provide accommodation with. Shame that these PDs don't realize that they are, effectively, breaking the law. Refresh me, Byrdie...is it Title 5?

The fact still remains that under the law, any institution that receives any kind of federal funding must be accessable to the disabled. That includes jails. One complaint with the DOJ could result in them loosing whatever funding they receive, leaving them with even less funds to provide accommodation with. Shame that these PDs don't realize that they are, effectively, breaking the law. Refresh me, Byrdie...is it Title 5?

:) Sorry--I'm not getting paid for the research. :lol:

However I am happy to provide the link of Title V in regards to Code of Federal Regulations.

When one mentions a Title V--one has to be a little more precise. :)

I am assuming DOJ?

The Code of Federal Regulations

Also remember that the Title 5 of the Department of Justice is a reference to the grant monies mostly for the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (JJDP) Act of 1974–which was reauthorized in 1992.

:) Sorry--I'm not getting paid for the research. :lol:

However I am happy to provide the link of Title V in regards to Code of Federal Regulations.

When one mentions a Title V--one has to be a little more precise. :)

I am assuming DOJ?

The Code of Federal Regulations

Sorry about that. I expected you to be a mind reader, I guess. I was referring to Title V of the ADA.

Sorry about that. I expected you to be a mind reader, I guess. I was referring to Title V of the ADA.

Ahhh--well I'll answer anything for you. Just remember--I'm not a mind reader. :lol:

Title V of the ADA deals with primarily miscellaneous provisions that are not explicitly covered under other sections of the ADA.

Ahhh--well I'll answer anything for you. Just remember--I'm not a mind reader. :lol:

Title V of the ADA deals with primarily miscellaneous provisions that are not explicitly covered under other sections of the ADA.

Thanks, Birdman!:ty: Time for me to refresh myself on the sections not specifically applied to education and work!

After I retire I will still be pushing for it. It is my home area and I do not imainge I'll retire to Florida or anything so I will still be here.

It is frustrating that the City can blow tons of money on stupid and ineffectual things but cannot/ no will not spare a dime for education of their workforce and better service to the residents, especially those who are D/deaf / DeafBlind.

It is good to know that you will continue to push for more diversity training.

Your liver would metabolize that 1 beer in 2 hours or less most likely.

WikiAnswers - Kpjkln hguy hihk

You're kinda new here, but you should know that wiki, if you insist on using it, is NOT reliable. If you're in college or a university, you would be told not to use it for any term papers and you would have your paper handed back to you to redo it. One needs to go to a reliable source and wiki is not one or even a reliable source.

Answers.com - Copyrights

General Disclaimer

Last Updated: February 18, 2007

No Guarantee of Validity
External Links
No Professional Advice
No Medical Advice
No Legal Advice
No Financial Advice

No Guarantee of Validity

The contents of all material available on Answers.com®, WikiAnswersTM and AnswerTipsTM and other related services (collectively, the "Services") of Answers Corporation ("Answers") are intended to provide useful information for its users.

While Answers makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information in its Services, Answers does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information. Information in the Services may or may not be current as of the date of your access, and Answers has no duty to update and maintain the information, reports, or statements on the Services. Additionally, the information in the Services may be changed periodically without prior notice. All content in the Services is provided "as is." Use of such information is voluntary, and reliance on it should only be undertaken after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, efficacy and timeliness. Additionally, please note that WikiAnswers is a community-based question-and-answer service using the "wiki" approach of developing answers that the community constantly improves. Answers allows ANYONE at any time to write and edit content in this service.

None of the licensors, contributors, sponsors, administrators, or anyone else connected with the Services in any way whatsoever can be responsible for the appearance of any inaccurate information or for your use of the information contained in or linked from the Services.

External Links

Answers also provides external links to other websites. Answers makes no representation whatsoever regarding the content of any other websites that you may access from the Services. Answers has no control over the content of these websites and cannot guarantee the reliability or accuracy of any information linked externally.

No Professional Advice

Answers provides professional information (for example, medical, legal, or financial) for informational purposes only, which should not be construed as advice. No action should be taken based upon any information contained in the Services. You should seek independent professional advice from a person who is licensed and/or knowledgeable in the applicable area before acting upon any opinion, advice, or information contained in the Services.

No Medical Advice

The Services contain information on many medical topics; however there is absolutely no assurance that any information touching on medical matters is true, correct, or precise. The medical information provided in the Services is of a general nature and cannot substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in the Services. Answers does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned in the Services.

No Legal Advice

The Services contain information on many legal topics; however there is absolutely no assurance that any information touching on legal matters is true, correct, or precise. The legal information provided in the Services is of a general nature and cannot substitute for professional legal advice. Always seek the advice of competent counsel with any questions you may have regarding a legal issue. As legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent counsel.

No Financial Advice

The Services contain information on many financial topics; however there is absolutely no assurance that any information touching on financial matters is true, correct, or precise. The financial content in the Services is provided for your personal information only, is not intended for trading purposes and cannot substitute for professional financial advice. Always seek advice of a competent financial advisor with any questions you may have regarding a financial matter. Information on this site is not appropriate for the purposes of making a decision to carry out a transaction or trade nor does it provide any form of advice (investment, tax, or legal) amounting to investment advice, or make any recommendations regarding particular financial instruments, investments, or products.

Back