LGBT Discrimination in Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you support religion legislating this country and government?

I do not support the government legislating religion. i.e. the firearms laws prohibiting carry in places of worship. The Constitution actually prohibits the government from legislating religion - churches can legislate themselves. A church should decide whether its members can carry or not on church property, not any County, State or Federal Government.

Marriage is a religious institution, and the first attempt to legislate marriage (which had always been a religious ceremony prior) in the United States was after the American Revolution, and it was in the State of Virginia.

Since the Government legislated a religious ceremony, they chose, of their own accord, to keep the definition of what a marriage actually is, between one man and one woman. The church had always legislated marriage, until Government intervened for the purposes of making money from it.

The reason for legislating marriage was to propagate a healthy society (and to make money). The Government needs a healthy society to function, so certain laws were passed limiting the age of bride/groom, limiting the familial relations between bride/groom (some States allowed 3rd cousins to marry) and this progressed to having to get a marriage license which had to be purchased at a local court house. In the past, you once had to prove you had no STD's and were required to take a blood test. You also had to get a clean bill of health in order to get your marriage license. Maybe some States still require this, but I don't know. The point of marriage was to propagate a healthy society, so all of this, at one time, made sense. And yes, if someone had an STD, they did not get a marriage license, as some people felt this would not be fair to children who would be born with that STD. I think that may be remnants from the eugenics movement, but will have to research that further.

the point of all of this is, marriage has always been a religious institution - even after the Government intervened with this very sacred ritual between two families before God. And, as a Christian, I do not view same sex marriage as a holy union intended for mankind by God and i will never apologize to anyone for my faith.

I do not support the government legislating religion. i.e. the firearms laws prohibiting carry in places of worship. The Constitution actually prohibits the government from legislating religion - churches can legislate themselves. A church should decide whether its members can carry or not on church property, not any County, State or Federal Government.

Marriage is a religious institution, and the first attempt to legislate marriage (which had always been a religious ceremony prior) in the United States was after the American Revolution, and it was in the State of Virginia.

Since the Government legislated a religious ceremony, they chose, of their own accord, to keep the definition of what a marriage actually is, between one man and one woman. The church had always legislated marriage, until Government intervened for the purposes of making money from it.

The reason for legislating marriage was to propagate a healthy society. The Government needs a healthy society to function, so certain laws were passed limiting the age of bride/groom, limiting the familial relations between bride/groom (some States allowed 3rd cousins to marry) and this progressed to having to get a marriage license which had to be purchased at a local court house. In the past, you once had to prove you had no STD's and were required to take a blood test. You also had to get a clean bill of health in order to get your marriage license. Maybe some States still require this, but I don't know. The point of marriage was to propagate a healthy society, so all of this, at one time, made sense. And yes, if someone had an STD, they did not get a marriage license, as some people felt this would not be fair to children who would be born with that STD. I think that may be remnants from the eugenics movement, but will have to research that further.

the point of all of this is, marriage has always been a religious institution - even after the Government intervened with this very sacred ritual between two families before God.

that's not what I asked. I'm asking you if you support a religion legislating this country and the government.

that's not what I asked. I'm asking you if you support a religion legislating this country and the government.

I know what you asked :cool2: If you want religion to step out of government, get government out of religion.

I know what you asked :cool2: If you want religion to step out of government, get government out of religion.

that's not what I asked either. the government has always been out of religion but religion hasn't.... for example - church telling government to ban abortion.

so..... do you want a religion legislating this country or not?

First, I'm not side with you or Jiro.

You didn't answer Jiro's question.

He asked you - do you support religious organization legislating government?

Alternative question: Do you support religious organization to make a law for government, such as ban on gay marriage, ban on sodomy, ban on consumption of alcoholic beverage?

The reason for legislating marriage was to propagate a healthy society (and to make money). The Government needs a healthy society to function, so certain laws were passed limiting the age of bride/groom, limiting the familial relations between bride/groom (some States allowed 3rd cousins to marry) and this progressed to having to get a marriage license which had to be purchased at a local court house. In the past, you once had to prove you had no STD's and were required to take a blood test. You also had to get a clean bill of health in order to get your marriage license. Maybe some States still require this, but I don't know. The point of marriage was to propagate a healthy society, so all of this, at one time, made sense. And yes, if someone had an STD, they did not get a marriage license, as some people felt this would not be fair to children who would be born with that STD. I think that may be remnants from the eugenics movement, but will have to research that further.

the point of all of this is, marriage has always been a religious institution - even after the Government intervened with this very sacred ritual between two families before God. And, as a Christian, I do not view same sex marriage as a holy union intended for mankind by God and i will never apologize to anyone for my faith.

No, the marriage became part of government because of interracial marriage - it was illegal in Virginia until 1967.

Other reason is tax purpose too.

Last paragraph, I'm not going ask you for apology but if you make offensive statement about LGBT people so I will less likely to respect you. I felt that you pressured on me to not accept my sexual orientation due to your anti-gay statement that attacked on me.

Reba didn't attack on me and she respect my belief, even she disagrees about LGBT rights.

If religion wants tax exempt status, they can deal with the government. Religion isn't doing anything for the government, like saving the government money, so they can stay away... Give up tax exempt status, then government can stay away, otherwise... they need to deal with it.

Suppose If Someone tells me to go against my belief and I don't believe in KKK stuff and I have to make them dumb KKK cake from my bakery am I still to make it? Heck no. Those two groups I cannot tolerate so used them as example.

Just trying to see from their viewpoint why they're all upset about it idk other way to explain why it's all upsetting to them. Maybe it was a bad example to some

The KKK promotes violence and murder. They are a group who have a history of terrorizing Americans. GLBT people don't.

Move along... you know why those certain subjects is off limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back