LGBT Discrimination in Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/news/polit...ll-could-land-brewer-desk.html?nclick_check=1

Oh wow, that's controversial topic.

For me, it is unnecessary to have religion bill that allow business owners to discriminate based on their religious ground because Arizona doesn't have any law that protect LGBT people from discrimination.

Without religion bill, the business owners can still technically discriminate against LGBT customers.

It is just waste of time.

Do you think religious people should be bullied into accepting a way of life they are morally opposed to? Just curious.

Do you think religious people should be bullied into accepting a way of life they are morally opposed to? Just curious.

Big answer is NO!

In Arizona, business owners can refuse to service that related to wedding, to LGBT customers based on their religious belief and Arizona doesn't have anti-discrmination law that protect LGBT people.

I'm fine with AZ law if it does limited to wedding products and religious institutions.

Nearly all anti-discrmination that protect LGBT people, usually exempt the religious institutions, especially churches.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/polit...ll-could-land-brewer-desk.html?nclick_check=1

Oh wow, that's controversial topic.

For me, it is unnecessary to have religion bill that allow business owners to discriminate based on their religious ground because Arizona doesn't have any law that protect LGBT people from discrimination.

Without religion bill, the business owners can still technically discriminate against LGBT customers.

It is just waste of time.

completely unnecessary. it's a known fact that a business owner can refuse a service to anyone.

simple - just refuse a service without a reason and you won't get sued.

completely unnecessary. it's a known fact that a business owner can refuse a service to anyone.

simple - just refuse a service without a reason and you won't get sued.

Yes, I agree with you.

New law is just waste of time and may not good picture for state of Arizona.

It's so crazy. How can a business owner know someone's religious beliefs just at sight? You can't tell if someone is pro-choice or supports DNR decisions just by looking at them. You can, however, label someone as gay by their appearance. :(

I was fond of this though... Good job them!

arizona%20restaurant_1393006820793_3103866_ver1.0_320_240.png

No, nobody has to accept a way of life, they just need to treat everyone equally regardless of their personal life choices... period.

I don't accept some religions that allow a man to have 5 wives but I am not going to refuse to provide them with a service because I personally don't believe in it. I will not treat them any differently. Doesn't mean I support what they do, but also, I will not treat them any differently than someone who is black, white, Mexican, purple, sick, has aids, cancer, gay, straight, bisexual, transgender or whatever! They don't have to accept it, they just need to treat everyone the same regardless of their personal life choices, period.

No, nobody has to accept a way of life, they just need to treat everyone equally regardless of their personal life choices... period.

I don't accept some religions that allow a man to have 5 wives but I am not going to refuse to provide them with a service because I personally don't believe in it. I will not treat them any differently. Doesn't mean I support what they do, but also, I will not treat them any differently than someone who is black, white, Mexican, purple, sick, has aids, cancer, gay, straight, bisexual, transgender or whatever! They don't have to accept it, they just need to treat everyone the same regardless of their personal life choices, period.

As libertarian, I don't support criminalize the polygamy marriage and I believe that anyone is free to have polygamy marriage or not. I personally found them so odd. :aw:

but there is cons - make taxes so extremely complicated so that why jointly limited to couple instead of triple, quad, etc.

It's so crazy. How can a business owner know someone's religious beliefs just at sight? You can't tell if someone is pro-choice or supports DNR decisions just by looking at them. You can, however, label someone as gay by their appearance. :(

no. it's like this -

a customer goes to a bakery shop and asks for 2 grooms on the top of a cake. it's pretty obvious that it's a gay marriage. then a baker would say - "no I cannot make such a cake. I'm sorry." and that's just that. a customer should just leave and take his business somewhere else.

I think the law will be struck down as unconstitutional eventually (if Governor signs). It's a dumb law anyway. I wouldn't want to give my business to bigots in the 1st place.

I think the law will be struck down as unconstitutional eventually (if Governor signs). It's a dumb law anyway. I wouldn't want to give my business to bigots in the 1st place.

I agree with you - I think it may violation of Fourteenth Amendment.

I support to add sexual orientation to federal non-discrimination under Civil Rights Act.

I don't they're being force into anything. When I was a health aide I had to take care of people that where making racist remarks about Black people , this did not force me to become a racist too. I hated it as my daughter is Black and both my brother laws are Black but I still had to wash these people butts . Baking a cake for a gay couple does not make a person gay.

no. it's like this -

a customer goes to a bakery shop and asks for 2 grooms on the top of a cake. it's pretty obvious that it's a gay marriage. then a baker would say - "no I cannot make such a cake. I'm sorry." and that's just that. a customer should just leave and take his business somewhere else.

same reason why a person that orders the cake with woman and man, but refused to add dog to cake or other kids on cake. it has to be man and woman only cake? OMG! run for the hills! a lot weddings have different ideas what cakes are supposed to have on it. Suppose an inter-racial couple wanted a black lady then a white man on the cake- its still denied because their religion says so!

businesses fold fast. There was a bakery somewhere a while back in the western states that refused service and their businesses folded so bad.

for goodness's sake, its so silly to deny someone service because of how they wanted their cake to look! Its a bakery- youre expected to make what the customer wants. HENCE the reason of having a bakery- to customize cakes to what the customers want! Money talks, sorry its a dog eat dog world. Religion has no place here when it comes to that sense, money will trump religion any day.

On the other side of the fence as if I was a business owner, I would not want to serve cakes to bigot KKK or Nazi if they wanted me to make them a cake that way... so its like a double edged sword.

No difference, still discrimination - if one wanted to say business right to deny for no reason, then they'll start denying the guide dog of the blind, then interacial couple , the sisters that looks like gay couple, etc etc... that's a whole can of worms..... lol I feel bad for the business owner having to go against what he believes in and the customers

If this bill is pass people could use it to refuse to serve people of other religious or race , is this consider a threat to you too?

If this bill is pass people could use it to refuse to serve people of other religious or race , is this consider a threat to you too?

Discrimination is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back