Lets take back our country from the Republicans: Dean for Prez in 2004!

JRA said:
Hi DeafScuba, I am also from Minnesota (Coon Rapids). I would say that simply from other peoples point of view that MSAD may just be the exception rather than the rule.

In regards to Dean, I hope as well that Dean gets the nomination. As a conservative if Dean gets the nomination Bush is certain to win. Dean is too far to the left and will turn off swing voters that are vital to the election. I will be out there working on Bush's campaign when I am able to.

Regardless of party I suggest that you volunteer on campaigns as much as possible. Not just presidential but local campaigns and ones that do not take place in a presidential election year. My experiences on John McCain's campaign was greatly beneficial. I was able to go to South Carolina for the primaries and was lucky enough to see two speeches by him as well as shake this great man's hand.

:wave: welcome to AD.. instering, i was raised in brooklyn park, Now living in Willmar for college.

I believe I've been to willmar a couple time but I can't remember for what, I probably just drove through there. Are you ready for the Vikings/Packers tmw? I'm going to head over to ESPN Zone to watch it since I don't have a football package here.

JRA said:
I believe I've been to willmar a couple time but I can't remember for what, I probably just drove through there. Are you ready for the Vikings/Packers tmw? I'm going to head over to ESPN Zone to watch it since I don't have a football package here.
they're playing tomorrow? i think u missed it they played thursday aug 28.. lost... Vikings/Packers are playing on Sept 7th... i'll be in Green Bay, WI as well to tease one of my friend if Vikings are winning..

JRA, On the other hand, in 2005 Karl Rove may find himself explaining to the GOP faithful how it was he thought the Dean nomination would be a GOOD THING for Bush.

Dean carries no political baggage. So, not only is Bush is an intellectual mismatch for Dean, Bush is lacking in results to convince the majority of the American people (who happened to pick Gore, baggage and all, the first time around) to change their votes and vote for him.

Lotsa luck to the GOP to retain Bush. They need A LOT of hard cold CASH -- its the only chance they have.

He already has the cash so that isn't the problem. I can understand the reaction people have towards him. I was watching meet the press with him on and the guy is a liberal extremist (I realize you think bush is extreme as well) in a country that is becoming more and more conservative. It isn't going to work.

In order to win an election you have to preach a centrist viewpoint whether you believe it or not. I find it interesting that you are still upset about the 2000 election. Gore lost fair and square. They teach you about the electoral college in elementary school...Bush won.

JRA sez: "I find it interesting that you are still upset about the 2000 election. Gore lost fair and square. They teach you about the electoral college in elementary school...Bush won."

me: I find it interesting that you're doing a bit of assuming. Of course I know about the electoral college, but that wasn't what I was talking about. I said Gore got more votes (he did). Bush isn't likely to be able to pull this stunt off two times in a row, so he's gonna have to do what he FAILED the first time around, get more votes than the other canidate.

In "normal" cases, (ie GHWBush) a centrist (Clinton) is needed to beat the incumbent GOP, but in this case, GWBush has built himself both a house of cards and a boat full of holes.

When Dean win the nomination, you'll see Dean slide toward the center a bit as he bites Bush hard who'll be overwhelmed with building his house up again and bailing water from his boat.

Its gonna be a fun election in 2004.

All elections are fun, I won't disagree with you there. Your mention of the popular vote was just simply another passive agressive statement by someone upset about the outcome of the election. At least that is my interpretation of it.

I would doubt Dean will "slide to the center". I believe he believes what he is saying and in his mind and a modification of that would be unjust to his political karma. While he is wrong about most of what he say's I can respect him for not diverting his statement to appease the polls.

JRA sez: "They teach you about the electoral college in elementary school"

me: not always. since I'm a res school grad, I can safely say 95% of my classmates HAVE NO IDEA what the electoral college is.

I said that they teach it to you, whether you learn it or not is an entirely different story. It is not only to res school, have you ever seen Jaywalking on the tonight show?

"At least that is my interpretation of it."

I'll make it clear. Bush is an askerisk president. A simple 1-vote change on the Supreme Court would have put Gore in office (and he would have been an "*" president too).

In a way, I'm glad Gov. Bush was appointed president. For political junkies, without a doubt, Bush has been thoughly entertaining. But the funs over. I need a sane country for my daughter to grow up in.

JRA said:
I said that they teach it to you, whether you learn it or not is an entirely different story. It is not only to res school, have you ever seen Jaywalking on the tonight show?

I'm a Conan fan. But I get your point. However, at the res. school, the educators FAILED to even get the concept across -- which was attempted in high school. In elementary school there, they're still on "complicated colors".:)

BTW, virtually EVERY deaf person I've met is not a registered voter. Would that surprise you?

Bush_in_2004! said:
I'm a Conan fan. But I get your point. However, at the res. school, the educators FAILED to even get the concept across -- which was attempted in high school. In elementary school there, they're still on "complicated colors".:)

BTW, virtually EVERY deaf person I've met is not a registered voter. Would that surprise you?

I agree with you that many people aren't a registered voter too.. both deaf and hearing.. most of my co-workers don't vote... yet, i don't vote too. yes that's sad part.. not voting and u end up getting an awful governor, pres. These days now.. young people aren't instering in voting..

it's not just deafies... there's also hearies.. myself.. i know most hearies don't vote than my deaf friends.

In terms of politics there is general apathy in all groups, whether that is deaf/hearing, races, gender, etc. I wouldn't place it on deaf/hoh people. It is never too late to start. I'm a registered voter...I assume you are too.

JRA said:
In terms of politics there is general apathy in all groups, whether that is deaf/hearing, races, gender, etc. I wouldn't place it on deaf/hoh people. It is never too late to start. I'm a registered voter...I assume you are too.

JRA and Scuba, yep, lot of people don't vote, but still wasn't it some 50 million voted in the last election and if JRA is deaf, then that makes it TWO deaf people that I know voted in 2000. I'm sure there are others (in other boards), but I never asked the question directly, so anyone else here want to own up to voting in 2000?

JRA, btw, who currently fits your ideal of a centrist? Joe Liberman?

As a rule I don't think of any dems as centrist. However I would say the remaining canadates running for the democratic presidential nomination are preaching a more centrist agenda.

The dems are kind of in a tricky situation. If Dean gets the nomination he will be so far to the left he will scare off modorate voters. If someone else gets the nomination people will say that they are just agreeing with the republicans on most issues.

One factor may be the "soccer moms" of previous elections are now (another goofy term) concerned more about security. Two or three months back Bush jumped in the polls with this group since their concern is more of security and safety. I don't want to quote but it was a 20-30% jump.

FYI, I'm HOH but I would consider myself Deaf now.

Bush_in_2004! said:

Count me out. Registered myself as :deaf: voter since 1992. Yep, Voted for Clinton twice and Gore.

JRA,

hmm . . . interesting comments. However, and unlike Mondale and Dukasis (I can just hear everybody on this board going now: WHO and WHO??), Dean is an inspirational guy that quite a few people could rally around and truly work hard to get the guy elected: ie: JFK.

I believe the burden is on the Republicans to show why Bush ought to be re-elected. So far the plate is empty (and cracked! :lol: )

JRA, I see you're inside the beltway. Have any connections to those running this country?

Lasza said:
Count me out. Registered myself as :deaf: voter since 1992. Yep, Voted for Clinton twice and Gore.

Good for you! I see we have an identical voting record :cool:

Back