Less than 15 hours to go!

bit different than i expect.. didnt feel like i got hit by a truck till today (sunday) wow.. i was like damn. it took me few days to finally sore.. I felt like I got run over by a truck on my chest, back and my jaw felt like i got punch by someone real hard. thats it i remember my first time i felt these pain on the first day only.. dr said its normal.. i told him the drilling and buzzing wouldnt go away he said thats normal.. eeekkk

wendy

Yeah, in some ways I think having a CI is like having a baby. You fly high for the first couple of days because you are so happy you got through the surgery and then it hits you on the third day LOL! I hope that you feel better soon. Do take it easy as much as you are able.

Yeah, in some ways I think having a CI is like having a baby. You fly high for the first couple of days because you are so happy you got through the surgery and then it hits you on the third day LOL! I hope that you feel better soon. Do take it easy as much as you are able.

i didnt see this message until I click the hearing aid/cochlear section hehe

Ooo.. yea could be it..
plus i went thru crazy first few days at being recover..

yea I to take it easy as much as I can.. thank god I stayed in bed allday and night today I got nasty cough I dislike it i called doc soo.. my cold is nasty just coughing is in the way and i get a bit dizzy everytime i turn or toss due of coughing etc im like grrrrrrr no way no way just let me be! ya know smile rd thanks :)

Oh you poor dear..seems everyone is getting the cold just be careful and rest. Hopefully it will not affect your ears due to colds have a tendency to let fluid build up in your ears. Take care and hope for the best. and do what your Dr tells you.

Rest and take it easy and let Lance take care of ya for a while :D

Oh dear Im so sorry to disappointment you that I got another one...
But your dear darling husband would be proud of me because he know that i am not afraid of anything to try new! wendy

yes, I was shocked and said why why.... Oh dear Wendy...

Well, it is your decision. :( I remember, you had been going through dizzy and bad headache. I am concern about your health. Hugs Kalista

Fuck off Lucia... I have known Wendy for years. You back off, it is between her and me.

yes, I was shocked and said why why.... Oh dear
Wendy...

Well, it is your decision. :( I remember, you had been going through
dizzy and bad headache. I am concern about your health. Hugs
Kalista

Oh... I though you said you know me for years to luica...

In fact you don't talk to me daily... if you want know more about me or
catch up news.. I'm not going to chase everyone to tell them my news
but I will only announce in forum.. Which I already said I was in
progressing of getting bilateral somewhere in this section..
Therefore.. You owe luica of your behavior to her and swore!!

It is unsad to see how you treat people like that and Me when you don't even bother to talk with me once in a while... So therefore you really do not know me 50% of time because you are so focus on trying to get rid of CI rights for these parents and for these deaf who want to have one or two..

ANOTHER THING!!!!!

I DO NOT HAVE dizzy and headaches problem DAILY! not daily.... I Had vertigo ONLY one time when I had my ci surgery in 2001! just 1 day! it went away!

This time I have vertigo that goes along with my bronchitis/pneumonia I'm alive NOT DEAD!

Don't use these dizzy or headaches use the problem for cause.. I HAD migraines daily BEFORE i got my CI.... Once I got CI my migraine decreased I dont get them frequently like i used to have them only time I get it in winter time I believe it has "Trigged" for me to have that due of SAD (seasonal attention disorder)

thats what I mean, I hate when people jump conclusion to fast without takin' time!

Ahem.....

Mod Note:

Thread's re-opened...several posts were removed as well.

~RR

Last edited:
How are you feeling now Wendy? Hopefully heaps better :)

R2D2..
Stitches healing up pretty good. Except for having bronchistis on bordline of getting pneumonia and vertigo sametime yikes they don't mix and matches. Today I'm on 2nd day of pills. Ooo.. I just realize its nearly 1 am yes I'm @ work overnight shift it sucks doin' overnight but better than nothing... smile..
Anyhow...

My next follow up for my right ear is on Feb 11, '08 @ 10:30 AM.. Then at 11 AM I get my first hook up on right ear...

R2D2 may I ask some ?
Did you had to not use your first ci on when you got hooked up ? How long would you be off on first if that does happen...
Thanks for checkin' up on me...

Try take some Zzz at work but its not my place.. Lol
Night all,
Wendy

I finally got under the knife a little after 11 am!
falling asleep from these shots, and then that nasty anesthisa...

when I woke up on and off till i was a little more alert near 4 pm. i think it was like 315 but i took pix of me at 4ish

Aw, you look so sore in these pictures. btw how are you feeling today?

Congrats on making it this far and hopefully you're doing a whole lot better than what you've been feeling in the last few days. Keep hanging in there and keep AD'ers updated and informed of your progress. :)

~RR

Aw, you look so sore in these pictures. btw how are you feeling today?

that was the first day.. i was on a drug.. sore yea! hehe..
but now feeling better except for the less dizzy, and the buzzin' gonna take a while to get rid of that buzzy...

wendy

Congrats on making it this far and hopefully you're doing a whole lot better than what you've been feeling in the last few days. Keep hanging in there and keep AD'ers updated and informed of your progress. :)

~RR

Thanks RoadRunner...

for last few days that i have been thru hell LOL im seems to be better except sleeping more :)

eeekkk due of get rid of that buzzing noise rofl

wendy

Wendy,
i am glad that the surgery went well i hope that you will be feeling to your old self at anytime smile
good luck when your CI turn on smile

I'm happy to hear it went very well for you and you are feeling better. Have a speedy recovering and hope all is well. Get rest as possible and watch the game tomorrow...*wink*

I'm happy to hear it went very well for you and you are feeling better. Have a speedy recovering and hope all is well. Get rest as possible and watch the game tomorrow...*wink*

I slept till 2 45 pm! i fell asleep 1ish last night hehe... and Then I roots for Patriots!!! Way to go! Go GO Pats.... I knew they would scored!!!!!

Now 2nd game...... who is patriots gonna win after packer or gaints!
so I vote Gaints!

I just realized I didnt say anything about me!
hehe..

Im doing great so far.. lots of rests! feeling much better, my colds are getting better... except for cough ! argh that I expect it will be there for a while! and the buzzing is improving but i just have to wait and see once it goes away!
So I really do look forward to my Feb 11th follow up with my Dr... then at 11 am see the audiologist for hook up! Woohoo!

Wendy

Last edited:
so sorry for a MONTH delay...

I have been working so many hours including training thru work relate.. so

I though I update right now before I forget..

when I got my right ear hooked up on Feb 11th. amazing thing to me I do hear it better than I DID at first time with my left ear hooked up.. so I asked the audiologist why it did this time but not before. she said because i was so used to my right ear for many years so thats why my brain works better.. still, i hear muffled voices but able to understanding more i have been reading lips for years years! so.. i still havent used to hear words without lipreading.. my brain doesn't adapted(spell) right away with the words without lipreading.. but I do pick it up lately much better, I would ask did you say that, did you say that to everyone. they would tell me yes, yes, or no etc.. so therefore I did feel good to know i did made a right decision for myself.. my two ci helped me a lot with enviromental at first but im still working on it with both sound for words and talking.. I still have trouble talking.. cuz I Notice people dont understand me right away so I asked my husband or my kids "am i whispering?" they both said "yes you are whispering" argh!!!! so I gotta learn to speak up a little more louder in order for them to understand me better, so I did that so far.. many of them start to understand me. I admit that I do sleep with one ci on my job when i work overnight, I had to use it so I could hear the sound when someone comes out of bedroom or yells....
well I will update more later on dont be surprise if I dont post often thats cuz I work overtime I admit I do 60 to 70 a week eekk

plus my own family :)

Wendy

That s great !!!! :hug: yes keep update! ;):):)

Take easy and don't too much work !! :giggle:

Back