Legal Weed Sales

When you say they need chemicals so badly to enjoy life, that implies addiction. How can you not see that? Especially when in the case it's actually a wrong assumption about pot use on the first place.

SOME people have sure, but it's actually pretty easy to avoid. There are ways to pass a drug test. Pot use is a misdemeanor, there are different charges for different amounts. I'm not sure of the exact amount but the possession charge for it to be a felony is not the amount of pot a casual user would have them. AND casual users tend not to have it on their person at all times which lessens the risks that much more. I got pulled over once and my car was searched because of where I worked, I didn't have any weed on me but I did have papers and a bowl in bag, they gave me back my papers and kept my bowl, not charges. You can get arrested, because it's not like you're going serve jail time, you pay a fine.

It may be true that SOME people may go to dangerous areas to get it, but again that's not common, and generally not necessary. If someone is buying it in dangerous areas, they probably already live there. Everybody knows somebody that smokes it, it's pretty easy to get, and from people not as seedy as you think.

SOME people use guns to kill a lot if people, maybe no one should have guns so we can avoid that. And before you go taking that literally......it's an analogy, it's the idea behind the reasoning, not an exact comparison. Same thing with pitying people for something you don't understand.

But as hoichi pointed out, some of that's BECAUSE it's illegal. What's more it isn't a "new" direction society is taking. It being illegal had been what's new to society, just like alcohol. The only reason it has been illegal is because DuPont made a new synthetic material and hemp was it's competition, so they lobbied to get it made illegal. They used lies and misconception to do so. Things like "smoking marijuana cigarettes make white kids listen to jazz music" "smoking marijuana cigarettes makes a black man look at a white woman". Great reasons for it to be made illegal right?

Really did someone actually said "smoking marijuana cigarettes makes a black man look at a white woman" ?

So, what is the point in smoking weed then?

I certainly don't support alcohol use either.

To someone on a low fixed income, that is a lot of money to just smoke away.

People on low income buy junk food that loaded sugar so how do feel about that? Sugar is bad for your health and very habit forming, that is why sugar is in everything . Some people like to smoke as it's very relaxing and there no side effect like there is in pills .

Really did someone actually said "smoking marijuana cigarettes makes a black man look at a white woman" ?

It was propaganda, ads they played on radio stations and whatnot in the 30s in effort to get the public behind making pot illegal.

As I originally posted, I'm sad for our society, in its direction and behavior. I see where it's headed, and it's not a good ending.

That is absolutely nothing the same as someone that's deaf.

I am more concerned about other things going on in our society , like my state not spending enough money for students that need extra help in school. Children with learning disability are being treated as second class citizens in my state.

its a good one. you wont laugh like this again for a while.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2FZgErvNTE&list=TLn9q9vaYO3hc]Reefer Madness - YouTube[/ame]

It was propaganda, ads they played on radio stations and whatnot in the 30s in effort to get the public behind making pot illegal.

I know that is a lot of bull. But if a cute Black man was checking me out I would had been cool with it.

prohibition against pot was largely driven by vile racism. period. thats how the idea was sold anyway people bought the idea due to racism it was cooked up due to large capitalist needs re the paper industry.
it never did nor ever had any thing what so ever about protecting, helping, aiding or saving people form themselves. thats a later ad don to justify the gross travesty that prohibition is.
it was about loot, and sold due to racism.
end prohibition!

Holy smokes girll!!!! i am not hearing. i am DEAF. born hearing, Deaf at 9. i went to a government residential school for the deaf for heavens sake, then to gally. CHRIST. maybe i should use the above for a sig i repeat it every damn day on here.....
i did not watch that particular vid. there is a vid that is captioned out there. i saw the show at an event with full captions hence how i know it.
alas its becoming a mantra on here for me
no i am not hearing.
i apologize. ill see if i can track down the captioned version,

cat-in-popcorn.jpg

I know people that smoke weeds and that is NOT why they got high. That is coming from people you know, not everyone think their life sucks.

I never said it was everyone. The key word here is "many". Maybe u need to reread what I said. I was just responding to another poster about saying that life sucks and using an example of what I have seen recently. I was laughing at how my comment got blown out of proportion so I didn't say anything since then because it was silly.

ah well crazy paul...........thats whats makes this world go round, different strokes for different folks

Yes that is true. The above problems you point out are, as you agree due to prohibition. Then why not celebrate a small step to its end?

what people do with their money is irrelevant to the issue its prohibition.

I agree. That's one of the reasons why I said pls let Maryland be next in my first post of this thread. I was thinking that it is not worth all the costs to the taxpayers associated for people getting arrested, losing their jobs, and etc just for pot.

This is true, Prohibition was based on discrimination.

Its long overdue, time for change!

prohibition against pot was largely driven by vile racism. period. thats how the idea was sold anyway people bought the idea due to racism it was cooked up due to large capitalist needs re the paper industry.
it never did nor ever had any thing what so ever about protecting, helping, aiding or saving people form themselves. thats a later ad don to justify the gross travesty that prohibition is.
it was about loot, and sold due to racism.
end prohibition!

Yes that is true. The above problems you point out are, as you agree due to prohibition. Then why not celebrate a small step to its end?
My question is, when it's illegal to use, why do people take the risk of losing a job or getting arrested?

what people do with their money is irrelevant to the issue its prohibition.
But it is relevant as to use. Why would someone in poverty or in a tight financial situation be willing to spend limited resources on pot?

They apparently think the cost is worth the buzz.

Probably because it's the cheapest pleasure they can get? Going to the movies, bowling, or any other entertainment is probably more expensive.

Back