Laundry

Laundry

• Hang clothes outside in summer time/dryer in winter time?

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • Use Dryer in summer and winter time? Why?

Votes: 51 58.6%
  • Hang clothes outside during summer and winter time instead of Dryer? Why?

Votes: 12 13.8%

• Total voters

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
Laundry... ha! I know it´s sucker! :giggle:

I vote: hang clothes outside during summer/dryer for winter time

During summer time, I wash and hang clothes outside with wash stander at our garden.
During winter time, I use dryer to dry the clothes.

I fresh our clothes without wash them at outside when the clothes are not dirty.

We changed our clothes every 2 days and fresh them at outside only if they are not dirty. If dirty, then put them in laundry bin to prepare for saturdays wash day - of course also everyday underwear like pants, vest, socks, too.

What about you?

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE *groan laundry*

Espically my daughter kept changing her clothes after school and nice clothes to go out her friends... *grining at her* I begged her please stop changing clothes... She kept ingore me... I did ingore her for 1 week and refused laundry doing it for her clothes.. She was increased angrily and demands needs clothes.. I told her.. well stop changing habits after school... I seeing you looks fine nothing dirty stain on it.. What make you prefer change clothes looks more sexier and shown off front of young boys.. I told her silly and you're still too young have sweetheart! (rolls my eyes up) She did do her own clothes laundry.. *PAH* but sometimes I do willing laundry for her...

Our family's dirty clothes must go laundry every once a week.
My daughter's dirty clothes must go laundry every 3 days in a week... (That drove me nuts) I did shown her water bill.. She realized that water is EXPENSIVE.. well *tough*

Winter: Prefer dryer..
Summer: Prefer hanging outside BUT... not underwear or bra or socks hang it outside.. NO THANKS.. prefer dryer! (chuckles)

I have washer and dryer here...

I mostly throw my wet clothes in the dryer.. No way I won't hang my bras and undies and thong on the cloth lines. :shock:

for rugs, I would hang up the lines..

I used to hang my clothes outside in the summertime, when my dryer broke but now I have a new dryer so I dry my clothes in the dryer during winter and summer too....

But, I still hang my rugs outside in the summer! ;)

CrazyRedHeadWV said:
No way I won't hang my bras and undies and thong on the cloth lines. :shock:

hahaha I did that before when I live in half house meaning I live upstairs and someone lives downstairs and when my parents came over one time, I saw my dad's looks on his face like :eek: , thinking this is what my daug wears? ...I think I scared my own dad away.... :dunno:

We use our dryer year round, because, we don't have much of a yard. We're not able to hang a clothes line. :giggle:

When I was little, though, I remember when my Mother used to hang the bed sheets on the line to dry; as well as the bath towels.

:)

Where we live, we don't have a choice. It's not allowed in the area.

When I was growing up, we hung most of our clothes outside on the clothesline during spring thru fall on the farm - and I always loved the smell of sunshine on the bathtowels...*sigh*

Love the way clothes smell coming off the line in summer. Winter too wet to make it feasible...

i live apt so use dryer every weekends and save bills.. if i have plan out of town ofc i use dyrer during week

I hang most things to dry year-round. I have a clothesline in my basement where the laundry is. I will use the dryer for a few minutes to get the wrinkles out though.

I use the dryer most of the time. There are a few things that I wash by hand and hang on a rack to dry.

Our neighborhood does not allow permanent clothes lines to show in the yards.

I would like to hang our clean sheets outside for the fresh smell but there is too much year-round pollen in the air, and hubby is very allergic to plant pollen.

I do much of my laundry at night when I am home from work, so hanging clothes out in the dark probably wouldn't be a good idea anyway. :)

Hang clothes outside?? :eek2: OMG I refuse to do that because can you imagine wearing stiff bra and underwear!? I can hardly walk with stiff jeans!!

*snap* DRY 'EM all year round! :dance:

Funny thread
rofl5.gif
over underwears.....

Can anyone see our underwear like this?

pan41de100970342kl.jpg

l76109gh.jpg

t851009ym.jpg

We dont hang underwear front of wash line but hide them with large towels or bed sheet etc front of wash stander. Understand what I mean?

Put right place to hide wash stand. Mine is no problem. Who is interesting to see front of large towels or bedsheets or clothes? Nope!

My house is middle of around garden and yard with fence. I saw my neighbor hang their clothes on wash stander but I didnt pay attention what kind of clothes they hang on. I saw none of underwears because they hide them with clothes, towels or bedsheet.

When I was growing up, my mum would hang all clothes outside. It didn't matter because we have a huge yard, 9 acres. So it wasn't like people could see our precious stuff. But now, my mum and dad puts everything in dryer. The only time I would use outside line is whenever I washed my duvet and linings for it.

In Germany, we hung our clothes in the basement with clotheslines. Electricity is too expensive in Germany!!! We also used this:

0428817_160_SC_1b2c1.jpg

For hanging our clothes as well. I still have it.
In Utah, it is too dusty outside to hang clothes. Nearly nobody here in Salt Lake City, as far as I can remember or notice, hangs clothes outside. Such is the life in the desert.

True, Kuiji75

but it´s not just electricity but utilities are expensive, that´s why I budget like this.

I was surprised to see Americans use dryer during summer time until you mentioned about electricity.. It sounds that US electricity are cheaper?

Katzie said:
Hang clothes outside?? :eek2: OMG I refuse to do that because can you imagine wearing stiff bra and underwear!? I can hardly walk with stiff jeans!!

*snap* DRY 'EM all year round! :dance:

I am with Katzie. Hate stiffs clothes. Dryer makes my clothes nice and soft.

So I use dryer year round.

Washer and Dryer rules baby! Can't live without it. One time my dryer broke and I had no choice to hang my clothes up and damn one ugly bug was on my underwear and I put it on and felt a pinch and I was like what the heck was that?! Saw one ugly bug that I never seen in my lifetime gave me a big goose bumps.

And one time my bra flew off the clothes pin while it was windy outside and I found my bra on top of my car hood I didn't noticed it after I drove it out of my driveway I saw my bra blowing in front of my windshield Good Grief! Some people know my purple bra already.

Liebling:-))) said:
True, Kuiji75

but it´s not just electricity but utilities are expensive, that´s why I budget like this.

I was surprised to see Americans use dryer during summer time until you mentioned about electricity.. It sounds that US electricity are cheaper?

oh no...we pay for the washer and dryer...it is $1.00 per washer/per dryer...its expensive tho...we have to pay for our own electricity seperate from washer/dryer...

Back