Laundry

Laundry

• Hang clothes outside in summer time/dryer in winter time?

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • Use Dryer in summer and winter time? Why?

Votes: 51 58.6%
  • Hang clothes outside during summer and winter time instead of Dryer? Why?

Votes: 12 13.8%

• Total voters
Liebling:-))) said:
Not allow? :squint: but it's your own house, you can do what you want with your own yard?
Except what can be seen from the street. The subdivision covenant covers that. The neighborhood association wants to keep property values up.

I found a way around that. When doing laundry, instead of using bleach, I just cut a lemon in half and toss it in the wash. It works just as well, and smells a lot better.

Both.

If I wash clothes first, I will take it out for washing lines to dry it as I prefer outside because it is more fresh and smell crispy....

If my DH or my daughters wash theirs, they will using dryer as well and less time to ironing. :laugh2:

For my bras, I don't like to use it in dryer because it will cause bad and mishaped, I am fussy as it is.

My washing line is hide from my backyard as I understand it can be eyesore if it is in the middle of backyard for everyone to see!! I shift my washing lines because my golden receiver dog used to pull sheets and towels out of washing lines, as I was told it is because he miss me alot and miss my smell from it!! :angel:

It is difficult to dry sheets in the dryer isn't it? it will turn into a ball!!!!! For me I rather to use it on the washing line.

t851005kd.jpg

Did you know it was first invented in Australia.

kuifje75 said:
Liebling:))) Yes, electricity is cheaper in the US than in Germany.
The only ironic thing is that in summertime, people use air conditioning on maximum and are willing to pay for a high electricity bill.

When I lived alone in New Jersey, I paid about 30 to 50$ a month for electricity, but paid 100$ or more for summer months.

Forget to add my earlier post about air conditioning during summer time.

I'm sure that you know that it's common of germans use roller-type slutter? Its good and cool in the room when we use roller-type slutter instead of air conditioning.

I had an experience between roller-type slutter and air conditioning. I would say that I prefer roller-type slutter to air conditioninng. Germans would not use air conditioning because of expensive electricity used.

Tamara said:
t851005kd.jpg

Did you know it was first invented in Australia.

Really? Interesting.

I didnt know about that.

It's common of German use like this.

Tamara said:
Both.

If I wash clothes first, I will take it out for washing lines to dry it as I prefer outside because it is more fresh and smell crispy....

If my DH or my daughters wash theirs, they will using dryer as well and less time to ironing. :laugh2:

For my bras, I don't like to use it in dryer because it will cause bad and mishaped, I am fussy as it is.

My washing line is hide from my backyard as I understand it can be eyesore if it is in the middle of backyard for everyone to see!! I shift my washing lines because my golden receiver dog used to pull sheets and towels out of washing lines, as I was told it is because he miss me alot and miss my smell from it!! :angel:

It is difficult to dry sheets in the dryer isn't it? it will turn into a ball!!!!! For me I rather to use it on the washing line.

Oh yes, I forget about bra. I dont use bra in dryer but washing rack with few of hand wash clothes.

Difficult to dry sheets in dryer?

I has no problem to use sheets or towel in dryer during winter time.

I use a wash and dryer at all time, I live in my apt bldg. New technology system the washer and dryer have a card slots called "Laundry Card" when my card balance runs out, then I can go to Laundry card vending machine to deposit more cash into my laundry card. (Reloadable like a debit card system use a cash money to deposit more funds into cards). I will take a picture to see my card.. I will plan to buy a digital camera in march. :)

Forget to add my earlier post about air conditioning during summer time.

I'm sure that you know that it's common of germans use roller-type slutter? Its good and cool in the room when we use roller-type slutter instead of air conditioning.

I had an experience between roller-type slutter and air conditioning. I would say that I prefer roller-type slutter to air conditioninng. Germans would not use air conditioning because of expensive electricity used.
Do you mean the metal roller-type-shutters in your windows?

I just wash the clothes once a week (just start to wash) and now it is huge pile of dirty clothes I can't keep up to get it done. I had to sort it out the clothes for whites, colors, jeans, sweatclothes, delicate whites, delicate colors (dresses or sweater), work shirts and work jeans and bed sheets and matteress covers too.

dsw61 said:
I just wash the clothes once a week (just start to wash) and now it is huge pile of dirty clothes I can't keep up to get it done. I had to sort it out the clothes for whites, colors, jeans, sweatclothes, delicate whites, delicate colors (dresses or sweater), work shirts and work jeans and bed sheets and matteress covers too.

Do you mean handwash?

If I own a house with a backyard, I'll hang oakley's undies for AD to check his clothes out... :giggle:

I use to hang on my clothes inside the house. I put the dryer for the underwears, socks, pajamas, towels and other.

I don't like hanging my clothes outside.. I would be sooo embarassment if someone see my underwears and bras hanging outside and laughing. :| That is why I will never hang my clothes outside.. That what dryers are for and I am glad I have my OWN washer and dryer.

Gotta talk about washing first before hanging. I throw my socks against the wall and if they stick to the wall, it is time to wash them! If they fall to the floor, I can use them for three more weeks! Then after they are washed, I put them in the oven to dry.

CrazyRedHeadWV said:
I don't like hanging my clothes outside.. I would be sooo embarassment if someone see my underwears and bras hanging outside and laughing. :| That is why I will never hang my clothes outside.. That what dryers are for and I am glad I have my OWN washer and dryer.

:rofl:

underwears and bras are everywhere in the stores.

I have my own washer and dryer but I still rather hang my clothes outside during spring/summer time because of fresh smell..... mmmmmm :P

:rofl:
underwears and bras are everywhere in the stores.
True. But it is different when it is your own personal undies that you yourself wear, than just "generic" undies for sale in the store. :D

I have my own washer and dryer machine. I wash the clothes three times a week. I wish I have clothes line in my back yard but there is no room for clothes line in back yard. :)

I live in an apartment, I can have washer and dryer in my place, but I don't want to so I just go to laundry room and use washer and dryer. It only costs me $1.00 for washer and $0.75 for dryer if I really need to wash my clothes, but most of times I go to my mom's house on weekends, I usually take my clothes there and wash it. My mom spoiled me! :)

When I was young, my mom always put clothes outside to dry that time we didn't have dryer until we got a new dryer, she don't put clothes outside but if we have a lot of clothes then she would put some clothes outside.

Back