Laundry

Laundry

• Hang clothes outside in summer time/dryer in winter time?

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • Use Dryer in summer and winter time? Why?

Votes: 51 58.6%
  • Hang clothes outside during summer and winter time instead of Dryer? Why?

Votes: 12 13.8%

• Total voters
Liebling:-))) said:
Here is an example:

I paid €35 ($43) for electricity every month for 11 month then the annual bill comes in middle of January 2005 telling me how much kWh I used for the whole year in 2004.

0.11 € = $0.13 per kWh for electricity used x 3,822 KWh = $496.86 per annual

0.020€ = $0.025 per KWh for electricity tax x 3,822 KWh = $ 95.55 per annual

TOTAL = $592.41
VAT (Value Add Tax) 16% = 94.79
TOTAL to pay = $687.20

$43 x 11 month = ./.473.00
overleft to pay $214.20

I pay €109 ($132) every month for electricity, water & sewage.
(€60.00 for electricity, €30 for water and €19 for sewage). Wait and see either I receive credit in end of year 2005 or has to pay overleft ???

Is this example helps... :P ?

:hyper: ~you're cheaper than mine..

*howl*
*howl*
you said annual a year cost comes in the bill... I figured 687.20/12 mos = 57.26 per monthly payments..

Really Cheap! I want that...

Here's
Natural Gas:
Gas @ 29.5000 c/M3= $121.28
Transportion to Gas @ 5.1630 c/M3= $ 21.23
Storage @ 0.9544 c/M3= $ 3.92
Delivery to you @ 5.6161 c/M3= $ 15.76
Delivery to you @ 5.6287 c/M3= $ 7.33
Monthly Charge @ $ 14.00
Total $183.54

Electric:
Summer Block 1 0.058000 360 $20.88
Summer Block 2 0.067000 112 $ 7.48
Winter Block 1 0.050000 288 $14.39
Delivery $34.26
Regulatory Charges $ 4.96
Debt Retirement Charge $ 5.18
Other Charges
overdue interest Charge: $ 4.79
Your Water/Sewer Charges:
Distribution Charge Water $14.50
Sanitary Sewer 2006-02-01 1.200000 54 $64.80
Storm Drainage 2006-02-01 $ 5.84
Water Charges 2006-02-01 0.726500 54 $39.23
GST (Good Sales Tax)15% $ 6.10
Total $222.41

GAS/Electric total together: $405.95/mo average mostly up to $500.00

Expensive.. compare Germany is reasonable price!

I hate laundry, but I gotta do it.... I use the dryer all the time because I don't have the time to air-dry my clothes, especially with all the rain we've been getting.

I wash my family clothes everyday as same children are always getting their clothes dirty. In the Summer, i wash the clothes then hang them out in the line so i won't have to use the dryer as it too expensive. In the winter, i wash the clothes and also put it in the dryer because the clothes in the winter is very hard to dry. The weather here is unreal in wintertime. :)

I live in an apartment, so I don't bother to have my own washer and dryer. People in my complex can have their own if they want, but there are coin-operated washers and dryers as well. Only a dollar to wash, only a dollar to
dry. And the dryers are large enough for 3 loads.

I will occassionally dry some of my clothes on my balcony.

Liebling, your bill is CHEAP in Germany because according to your bill that you only pay nearly $700 ANNUAL? Friggin cheap!

I pay avg $150.00 to $180.00 every month. So that's like $1,800.00 to $2,160.00 annual. I live in USA. :whistle: Electric & Gas in one bill every month so that's how much I pay every month.

Btw, water, sewer, & trash are free in my area. I don't get bill for those. Yay. :angel:

Anyway, I use washer & dryer all year around. :)

I use the washer and dryer year-round as well but however, There are times I would hang it outside to let it dry. Unfortunately, I can't because I'm living in a duplex right now. I think drying the clothes outside has a better quality to the clothes because it doesn't shrink and the smell is still fresh from the detergent residue that comes from the washer.

You could install a small indoor Retractable clothesline Reel in the kitchen. That's what I have now, and love it. Actually, I often put my clothes outside hanging when the sky is clear up.

The best place is to install the reel inside the kitchen closet.

Here is for example:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-0402797-7703812?_encoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0002M6ZN2

Sometimes, my sister does not like to put her bra hanging outside so she uses the reel at night.

For my clothes, I would rather to hang them outside in order to save my electricity bill. For my black clothes, I usually put them in the dryer so that it would not fade the color.

My advise: The electricity bill for washing and dryer is cheaper at night during the week. In the weekend, anytime... It's because industrial or factories have a lot of electricity in the daytime.

AnnyGuy said:
Btw, water, sewer, & trash are free in my area. I don't get bill for those.

There's no such thing as free water, sewer, and trash. Either you pay for it or it is already included in the rent.

gnulinuxman said:
I hate laundry, but I gotta do it.... I use the dryer all the time because I don't have the time to air-dry my clothes, especially with all the rain we've been getting.
:lol: :lol: Me too!! I hate it.. I dont want outside tooo hottest weather. Most time, I put dryer all the times! BORING!!! outside air-dry clothes YUCK!!! too I dont trust bird poop on clothes! I raised and outside air-dry clothes in farm. BORING!!!!!!!!

I like do washer and dryer all year! I cannot live without them. If my washer or dryer break so I would run to Laundry mat! I cannot put clothes a line outside or someone would sneak in our background and steal our clothes. Forget that. Our area are not best because we live in big city! We found out that someone sneak in our backyard to stole our garden's vegs. We were so pissed off. We dont dare to sneak someone else's backyard.

We always hang clothes outside during summer and winter except for rainy days which we use a tumble dryer.

After we first moved here from another house a few years ago, we hang our clothes on the clothes line and then went out for awhile. When we got home, I notice some of the smaller clothes went missing, my undys, two odd socks but not pairs and my hubby's good shirt which I found at the back of our backyard. We were puzzle why just a few odds clothes.
Anyway later, my hubby was talking to our neighbour and they said the crows (black birds) been going around to people's clothes line and stealing clothes from it. Then the crows take it up in the tree for their nest.
Later I found where one of my undy went to, it was on the roof of another house at the back. The crow must have drop it on the way to the tree. I didn't bother to retrieved it from there. lol

LuciaDisturbed said:
There's no such thing as free water, sewer, and trash. Either you pay for it or it is already included in the rent.

Umm, trust me. It is FREE, I don't have to pay for water/sewer/trash, it is provided by the city and no its not included in rent. :ugh2: Its paid for by tax so thats why and some areas have that like my area I have that. :)

AnnyGuy said:
Umm, trust me. It is FREE, I don't have to pay for water/sewer/trash, it is provided by the city and no its not included in rent. :ugh2: Its paid for by tax so thats why and some areas have that like my area I have that. :)

Tax=not free

Umm, why are you keep arguing with me? I'm not paying for water, sewer, and trash so therefore its FREE. It is PROVIDED by the city. Do you understand that part?

I use a dryer to keep my clothes soft. There isn't much wind around here and leaving wet shirts outside would attract a lot of bugs and dirt. Ugh!

No, I just go to Laundromat every weeks... Laundromat rocks but don't forget to bring PSP or laptop then you can play it. :)

447pxlaundromat6fo.jpg

AnnyGuy said:
Umm, why are you keep arguing with me? I'm not paying for water, sewer, and trash so therefore its FREE. It is PROVIDED by the city. Do you understand that part?
I think what Lucia is trying to explain is that you, the renter don't see the cost of the water and sewer in your rent bill, but it is included the cost that the landlord charges you. When your landlord collects the rent, he uses part of that rent money to pay his taxes for the water and sewer that you use. If those services were actually free, the cost of your rent would be reduced. But water and sewer services are NOT free, so the landlord adds that expense to your rent. Most renters don't realize that because they don't get an itemized statement from their landlords showing how the rent money is used.

In the summertime, I hang my clothes inside my condo on the 'swapmeet' clothes rack under the cieling fan. The drying effect cools the air down a lot and fills the air in my condo the fragrance from the laundry soap.

Wintertime, depends if its cold inside I use the dryer otherwise I can hang dry them same way w/o the cieling fan on.

Richard

Reba said:
I think what Lucia is trying to explain is that you, the renter don't see the cost of the water and sewer in your rent bill, but it is included the cost that the landlord charges you. When your landlord collects the rent, he uses part of that rent money to pay his taxes for the water and sewer that you use. If those services were actually free, the cost of your rent would be reduced. But water and sewer services are NOT free, so the landlord adds that expense to your rent. Most renters don't realize that because they don't get an itemized statement from their landlords showing how the rent money is used.

Thank you, Reba!

Back