Last movie(s) you purchased?

Just never mind

Only 350 DVDs?

With what I have, you don't have many. ;)

Alright buddy, since we're playing a game of "who's bigger" I just counted my DVDs at 4am in the morning - I cant sleep - and not counting TV/mini- series I have a total of 556 movies. That's quite a collection and I'm almost ashamed to admit I have that many movies because I've obviously dished out literally thousands of dollars for these. I also ordered $321 (31 movies) worth of DVDS last week which should bring my collection to 587!

Alright buddy, since we're playing a game of "who's bigger" I just counted my DVDs at 4am in the morning - I cant sleep - and not counting TV/mini- series I have a total of 556 movies. That's quite a collection and I'm almost ashamed to admit I have that many movies because I've obviously dished out literally thousands of dollars for these. I also ordered $321 (31 movies) worth of DVDS last week which should bring my collection to 587!
Close... but nope. ;)

*shakes fist

Why dont you post some photos of your collection. I'm interested in seeing how you store so many DVDS. I have over 100 Asian imports so i keep those in CD/DVD slips inside a shoebox size container. All other movies are in their original DVD package. I have two shelves and both are very tight at the moment. It's hard finding free space.

Here is the list of 31 DVDS I recently purchased:
Big Gundown (PAL Region 2) - Uncut/Complete edition. Lee Van Cleef Spaghetti Western.
Road to Fort Alamo (PAL Region 2) - A Mario Bava directed Spaghetti Western. He directed 3 in his career, this is the most well praised
^^ Diabolik DVD - Import DVDs, Hard to Find DVDs, Cult DVDs, Horror DVDs, Grindhouse DVDs and Rare DVDs

Virgin Among the Living Dead (US Release/Uncut) - Jess Franco Horror
Five Dolls for an August Moon (Region 0) - Mario Bava Giallo
Alligator (NTSC Region 1/US Release) - Cheesy 80's flick. The sequel is even more over the top crazy.
Kiss Me Deadly (Pal Region 2) - 50's Film Noir. Kiss Me Deadly is often considered a classic of the noir genre - Wikipedia. This DVD is listed as 'uncut'. I've not seen a US release anywhere.
German Splatter 2-Pack: Hunting Creatures and The Coma-Brutal Duel (NTSC Region 0)
Inferno (Pal Region 2/Italian Release) - Sequel to Suspiria . Part of "The Three Mothers" trilogy.
Subconscious Cruelty (Deluxe 2-Disc Edition/PAL Region 2) - This one of the few Canadian exploitation movies. The movie was filmed from 1994 to 1999! Google it, looks fucking nuts.
European Mavericks: Hearts of Darkness 3 Disc set (PAL region 2) - Das Experiment (The Experiment), Pusher, Evil (Ondskan)
^^ Xploited Cinema
** Order now and you can save 20% off your orders. Exploited Cinema has been my preferred DVD headquarters for years. I just reviewed my order history and since June 2006, I have dropped $1305 for DVDS! Sadly, E.C is going out of business so I'll have to resort to finding another place to do all my online shopping.

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not... Mentioned already
Where The Sidewalk Ends (Pal Region 2) Mentioned already
Utopia (Region 3) - Story premise reminds me of Push but it's set in Spain
Champion [UK SE 2-Disc Set] - Korean boxer flick. On sale $33/$4. Couldn't pass that up
A Short Film About Killing [Korean Version] - Polish Art-House stuff
99 Women [X-Rated French Version] - French Sexploitation/Caged women type shit
My Sassy Boyfriend - Romance/Comedy
Nowhere In Africa - WW2 Character-driven story
Shoot The Pianist [HK Version] - Charlie, a piano player in a bar, is put in a jam when his brother Chico, a crook, takes refuge in the bar to hide from gangsters. We soon discover that Charlie was once a virtuoso who gave up after his wife's suicide...
The Soft Skin - French Drama/Romance
Farewell, Home Sweet Home - French Artsy stuff
Kolya - Won Oscar. Another 19 wins & 11 nominations
La Dolce Vita [Korean SE 2-Disc Set] - Mentioned above
Japanese Masterpiece Collection [5-Disc Box]
- The Idiot (Kurosawa)
- A Street Of Love And Hope
- 24-Hour Playboy
- Harakiri
- Vengeance Is Mine
^^^ HKFlix.com: Asian, European, Cult & Specialty DVDs and Film Reviews
** Almost every item I have listed was on sale. Some movies were as cheap as $0.95, $2.95, etc.

Not lately....

I guess in this fall, I will start Christmas shopping...Ice Age 2 and 3 (We did have the Ice Age 2 disc but it went missing, dunno how it disappeared!), Harry Potter, UP and not sure what else....

Wii games will be also added for Christmas as well. :)

*shakes fist

Why dont you post some photos of your collection. I'm interested in seeing how you store so many DVDS. I have over 100 Asian imports so i keep those in CD/DVD slips inside a shoebox size container. All other movies are in their original DVD package. I have two shelves and both are very tight at the moment. It's hard finding free space.
My DVDs :)

In case you're wondering, the number isn't the accurate number. You'll notice that some of my DVDs are grouped in box sets. One box may have 3 separate DVDs (I'm not talking about TV shows, I'm talking about movies.) and another may have 4 separate DVDs. Examples would be Lethal Weapon, Superman, Naked Gun, etc. So, the number actually increases. :)

What are the Asian movies that you have? I have some as well... Battle Royale (1 & 2), A Chinese Tall Story, Zu Warriors, etc... :)

In case you're wondering, the number isn't the accurate number. You'll notice that some of my DVDs are grouped in box sets. One box may have 3 separate DVDs (I'm not talking about TV shows, I'm talking about movies.) and another may have 4 separate DVDs. Examples would be Lethal Weapon, Superman, Naked Gun, etc. So, the number actually increases. :)

What are the Asian movies that you have? I have some as well... Battle Royale (1 & 2), A Chinese Tall Story, Zu Warriors, etc... :)

I just bought a movie "Knowing" Nicolas Cage, he's my favorite actor in any movies. I will watch it tonight cuz I playing team fortress 2 right now :P

Vampyrox, whoa, nice movies collections you have over 500, I have close to 200 and I started collecting movies and games.

Yeah I have Battle Royale, the extended edition. I had part 2 but sold it off so i could purchase the extended edition but haven't got around to doing so.
I also own a BR shirt :)

But I'm pretty big on Korean melodramas for the most part but I watch films from all genres minus J-Horror. I have a nice Godzilla collection as well and other early Toho stuff.

Yeah I have Battle Royale, the extended edition. I had part 2 but sold it off so i could purchase the extended edition but haven't got around to doing so.

But I'm pretty big on Korean melodramas for the most part but I watch films from all genres minus J-Horror. I have a nice Godzilla collection as well and other early Toho stuff.
Korean movies? Ever see the Vengeance series? (Sympathy for Vengeance, Oldboy, and Lady Vengeance? Oldboy is very disturbing. Sympathy for Vengeance has a deaf Korean guy who uses Korean sign language. :)

Both of my Battle Royale movies are extended editions.

I got both at an anime convention a couple years ago. I saw them years ago and thought they were good. Wanted to see them again, so I bought them. :)

Ever see Suicide Club?

My deaf friend has 3,000 DVDs. :eek: I borrow some movies from him sometimes and also, I rent the movies from the Blockbuster Video store sometimes.
So, I don't need to buy DVDs.

Korean movies? Ever see the Vengeance series? (Sympathy for Vengeance, Oldboy, and Lady Vengeance? Oldboy is very disturbing. Sympathy for Vengeance has a deaf Korean guy who uses Korean sign language. :)

Mr. Vengeance is my favorite of the "Vengeance" trilogy while Lady is my least favorite. Kang ho Song is featured in the first and last film. He's probably my favorite Korean actor. He killed it in The Good, the Bad, the Weird , which is hands down my favorite film of 2008. He's also appearing in a vampire film called Thirst. I've seen trailers but I'm really not the all the vampire craze like some ppl are.

Both of my Battle Royale movies are extended editions.

I got both at an anime convention a couple years ago. I saw them years ago and thought they were good. Wanted to see them again, so I bought them. :)

Ever see Suicide Club?

I don't buy DVDS at conventions. Prices are usually insane and I'm such a cheapskate.

Suicide Club
doesn't really do much for me. I've watched it once before. Kinda boring honestly. There's a semi-sequel to the original but it lacks the same vibe. It's more character driven. The director also did a movie called Strange Circus, it's a lil out there.

I don't buy DVDS at conventions. Prices are usually insane and I'm such a cheapskate.

Suicide Club
doesn't really do much for me. I've watched it once before. Kinda boring honestly. There's a semi-sequel to the original but it lacks the same vibe. It's more character driven. The director also did a movie called Strange Circus, it's a lil out there.
I'm sometimes a cheapskate too.

I got them cheap at the convention.

When I see something I want at the convention, I do my research to see if it's offered anywhere else for less. Half of the time, they are... half, they aren't.

Conventions are notorious for DVD-R stuff and unofficial releases, etc. Bootlegs in otherwords.

I have a Region-Free DVD player so I can pretty much play all imports, no hassle.

Conventions are notorious for DVD-R stuff and unofficial releases, etc. Bootlegs in otherwords.

I have a Region-Free DVD player so I can pretty much play all imports, no hassle.
Not the convention I go to. They prohibit sales of DVD-R and illegal copies. :)

The DVDs I have are real.

Went to Big Lots today...twice and spent around $45 on the following:

Thundercats: Season 1 Vol. 1 ($6)
Bend It Like Beckham
The Big Street (Henry Fonda)
The House of Sand (Brazillian Art House)
The Jacket
1993 King Kong (2-Disc set)
Everything is Illuminated
Trespass (Ice T, Ice Cube, Bill Patxon - Probably the most memorable ice T movie, minus Surviving the game)
Rock The Bells 2006
War at Home (First Season) $3
Paradise Now
Sweet Bird of Youth (P. Newman)
Fury (Fritz Lang's first directed American film)

- Les Poupees Russes/Russian Dolls [Korean Diary Packaging] $6.95 (sale) 18.95 (original)
- Sympathy For Lady Vengeance [HK Single Disc] $4.95 (sale) 16.95 (original)
- Transformers 20th Anniversary Box Set [15-Disc Tin] $48.95
- Contains 98 episodes (seasons 1-4), plus Transformers: The Movie

Just bought SuperNatural Season 3 @ Best Buy for 18.99.... a great deal as it used to be 59.99.

Back