Language differences....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it manner English written or Fuzzy's disrespectful manner?

you created disgusting, filthy, manipulative lie that serves nobody but only further confuses the deaf community on the CI subject

is filthy manipulative lie.

but what xxxxx here did is just dirty.

BECAUSE what xxxxx wrote about hearing parents IS in the first place offensive. I for one, don't think a hearing parent is REQUIRED to learn sign language.

hahaha.
isn't that what everybody keeps saying here "WE ARE NORMAL AS HEARING PEOPLE"?

the bottom line is, you DIDN'T spoke the truth, you insulted hearing parents.

More likely it's case of PMS or menopause

I have excellent literacy skills even if my parents didn't sign, and I didn't hear well.

You think because you went to SOME health conferences, some spas (??? I go to spa to have a facial and relax. I don't consider spa to be a good source of knowledge) you are now an expert on nutrition?

I don't trust you.

I know why - you are transparent to me, I can see thru you easily. But I won't say it aloud...

I have to correct you to stop you from misleading other people, who trust you and believe you but sadly don't know how wrong you are..

I realised very quickly you are a wolf in sheep skin. I don't have to know you in person to know that.

You are a master manipulator, you have uncanny skill to twist and turn everything a second it becomes uncovenient for you.

And many more posts...

Fuzzy claimed that we don't understand... see herself how and what she did is her own disrespectful manner...

She did not know how to debate with agree/disagree in polite and manner way.

Language differences.... ??? All what I see is BULLY...

Good grief, Fuzzy....still at it?

You need to have a good look at some of your spellings that you have made.

By the way, you need to learn how to include the posters' names in your quotes to avoid any confusions with who wrote that or this!

That will do it!

I remember when I was in middle school (7-8 grade), I was in "Mentally Gifted" classes which challenged us more than average because we were the smart kids (or whatever!) I used to get called all kinds of names because I used big-A words. It wasn't because I was trying to be a smart ass, it was because it was MY language. Everyone in my family (at the time) were Educators, so slang and misuse of words was simply unacceptable. People wouldn't want to be my friend because they felt stupid around me. *shrug* I now know how to talk to people from all walks of life using simple un-offensive words and getting my point accross. I ALSO know how to slay someone with my tongue if deemed necessary! LOL (I am the queen of cussing people out!)

All that to say, I had to realize that when I am in a setting unfamiliar to my background, I need to act acceptable to be accepted. Understand to be understood. And be nice to have others be nice when addressing me.
(There is a line from the Bible that alludes to this type of behavior) :D

I tell you what, the people here are being a LOT nicer than I would have if I thought you were picking a fight with me! LOL

Just something to think about in your future postings.

Nods. I learned to write simply so others can understand me. This goes for both hearing and deaf. I rarely get misunderstood. I usually am not sarcastic but if poster is being annoying, I'll become sarcastic. Most posters here are polite so I'm rarely sarcastic.

NOTE: this is for audiofuzzy

Also, it's best not to criticize other people's English because many of the deaf here have struggled with their English and it has been frustrating to them because of language delays or other stuff. Most come here to relax - not to attend English class.

I remember that my English teacher at MSSD used to say you should write for your audience. Consider that this audience has varying levels of English skills and you should write simply so most can understand you.

Thank you.

And you- please keep in mind I never claimed to have prefect English, and I am not critizing anybody, either - I am telling the facts as they are in order to get problem solved - which is faulty communication due to the differences in English.

If you happened to be on the hypothetical English forum full of immigrants with various command of English, and you could tell some didn't get your message at all - after repeated failed attempts to set them straight -do you consider telling them that due to their less than perfect English comprehension they for sure didn't get it - critizing, or pointing to the root of the problem?

Fuzzy

I woukld consider finding a way to tell them in the languge they best understand. What you don't seem to get, fuzzy,is that when peolpe explain to you what you have said, or how you have said it, that leads to misunderstanding and offense, you still refuse to change the way you have said it, and insist that it is not your fault,bu the fault of the reader. If you want your communications to be better understood, it is up to you to phrase things in a way that will be understood. The problem lies in the delivery of the message, not the receipt of the message. And the bigger problem is that you cannot seem to understand where your responsibility lies in all this.

whether or not someone is disrespectful or not, this is NO EXCUSE to say untrue things about him/her, or inaccurate, or flat out accuse of something that wasn't done. that is one.

two. I was disrespectful no more than anybody else toward me, and some other hearing posters- the rest is in your head. or should I say- some heads.
most of the time I was POLITELY stating my views. I was risking ban, remember?

Fuzzy

There it is....refusal to accept that your use of English is sadly lacking in pragmatics, and even when it is explained to you exactly what you have said that is offensive and judgemental, your complete refusal to accept that the blame lies with you and go about doing something to improve your language usage so as not to offend. Until you do that, nothing is going to change for you, fuzzy.

Nods. I learned to write simply so others can understand me. This goes for both hearing and deaf. I rarely get misunderstood. I usually am not sarcastic but if poster is being annoying, I'll become sarcastic. Most posters here are polite so I'm rarely sarcastic.

NOTE: this is for audiofuzzy

Also, it's best not to criticize other people's English because many of the deaf here have struggled with their English and it has been frustrating to them because of language delays or other stuff. Most come here to relax - not to attend English class.

I remember that my English teacher at MSSD used to say you should write for your audience. Consider that this audience has varying levels of English skills and you should write simply so most can understand you.

:gpost:

and you could tell some didn't get your message at all - after repeated failed attempts to set them straight -do you consider telling them that due to their less than perfect English comprehension they for sure didn't get it - critizing, or pointing to the root of the problem?

Fuzzy

How are we suppose to get your message or question clearly? when Cheri already stated that she wish her father would learn sign language, and these are the questions you asked her after she stated that, how is she suppose to understand what you're trying to say when you're making it worse by asking these nonsense questions, yet you call that "Standard English"?

Originally Posted by Audiofuzzy
do you want loving father who don't sign, or bad father who sign?

Originally Posted by Audiofuzzy
You would preffer an signing azz for a father instead of loving non-signing?

:confused:

Thank you.

And you- please keep in mind I never claimed to have prefect English, and I am not critizing anybody, either - I am telling the facts as they are in order to get problem solved - which is faulty communication due to the differences in English.

If you happened to be on the hypothetical English forum full of immigrants with various command of English, and you could tell some didn't get your message at all - after repeated failed attempts to set them straight -do you consider telling them that due to their less than perfect English comprehension they for sure didn't get it - critizing, or pointing to the root of the problem?

Fuzzy

A better way is to ask if if the poster means this or that in order to make the message clearer to others. Or you could just explain what you meant.

I would have told Liebling I was being sarcastic when she replied to a post of mine in the other thread but the thread was closed. If others misunderstand your post it's up to you to to tell others what you meant.

Audiofuzzy said:
You have to realise the only communicative problems I have are with you and those I named. And I am NOT putting you down by pointing this out - but because this is reality which should be dealt with, and I for one am ready to DEAL WITH IT. I WANT TO deal with it. Do YOU?

I don't think it was any way near the difficult of communication, You've twisted and turned the table asking an offensive question, If I prefer a lazy ass father that signs or a father who is supportive that does not sign. I chosen to take offense, I have the power to choose how I will respond to an offensive post, I decide not to, that doesn't mean I don't understand your disrespected post. Everyone has a choice to answer or not to answer. I cannot control the intentions or behavior of other people, but I do have a choice how I want to respond.

Remember that this is a public forum of varies of communication, doesn't necessary means you must have high expectation standard English to particular in the discussion.

I've been in this forum since 2003, and all sudden someone has an issue with how I write, nor how I don't understand. If you wish not to debate with me, then take your pick elsewhere, when I said "elsewhere" I mean, find another member to debate with. :thumb:

Fuzzy...come on you wear two hearing aids and knows little of sign langauges.... and everyone does have poor grammars and some has good grammars.. What right do you have to judge deaf people... yourself does not have perfect english writings.also.... SO SHADDUP

A better way is to ask if if the poster means this or that in order to make the message clearer to others. Or you could just explain what you meant.

Yes, that´s right. I would convince them in polite way if anyone misunderstand or misinterpret my posts instead of critizing/judge their English grammar or whatever.

I would have told Liebling I was being sarcastic when she replied to a post of mine in the other thread but the thread was closed. If others misunderstand your post it's up to you to to tell others what you meant.

Is my question harm? I wasn´t realized that you have the problem with my few questions. I only quoted your post to question you and shared my POV in general way without against your post or agree/disagree with you. *shrug*

Are you kidding? I have degrees in sign language interpreting and in teaching English to speakers of other languages. One of the most important things in my life has always been about finding ways to communicate with people from other cultures and with different language skills without giving them crap about it.

Meanwhile, you're missing the point entirely. This is a FORUM. No one CARES about learning better English here. (Meaning, this is not the place to learn better English, not that people here don't care about learning!). I am an English teacher for deaf students and do you think I pay any attention to communication errors around here? Of course not!

You remind me of the hearing ASL 1 students I used to see at Deaf events who would show up and expect the d/Deaf people there to be able to read lips. What part of "linguistically diverse community" are you not understanding, and why are you so determined to offend and insult people on this forum?

I suggest if you're having so much trouble communicating, then you need to open your mind and be more creative in your communication style to get your points across. In the however long amount of time I've been here I have never found it prohibitively difficult to communicate with anyone around here for linguistic reasons. (Personal reasons are another story!) And most people here seem to be getting along okay. The problem is with you.

Are you kidding? I have degrees in sign language interpreting and in teaching English to speakers of other languages. One of the most important things in my life has always been about finding ways to communicate with people from other cultures and with different language skills without giving them crap about it.

Meanwhile, you're missing the point entirely. This is a FORUM. No one CARES about learning better English here. (Meaning, this is not the place to learn better English, not that people here don't care about learning!). I am an English teacher for deaf students and do you think I pay any attention to communication errors around here? Of course not!

You remind me of the hearing ASL 1 students I used to see at Deaf events who would show up and expect the d/Deaf people there to be able to read lips. What part of "linguistically diverse community" are you not understanding, and why are you so determined to offend and insult people on this forum?

I suggest if you're having so much trouble communicating, then you need to open your mind and be more creative in your communication style to get your points across. In the however long amount of time I've been here I have never found it prohibitively difficult to communicate with anyone around here for linguistic reasons. (Personal reasons are another story!) And most people here seem to be getting along okay. The problem is with you.

:gpost: !! You nailed it beautifully!

Yes, that´s right. I would convince them in polite way if anyone misunderstand or misinterpret my posts instead of critizing/judge their English grammar or whatever.

Quite true.

Is my question harm? I wasn´t realized that you have the problem with my few questions. I only quoted your post to question you and shared my POV in general way without against your post or agree/disagree with you. *shrug*

Your question was harmless. I just thought you misunderstood my post.

I understand and I do believe that literacy is VERY important. My post that you quoted meant the opposite of what I said. Rick45 didn't like my post because he understood what I meant.

One of the most important things in my life has always been about finding ways to communicate with people from other cultures and with different language skills without giving them crap about it.
Oh I see. so, when I am not as skillful at languages as you, and and try hard to alert people they didn't get my meaning, but the don't give damn and keep pushing their agenda on me - I am giving them crap... Okay... :ugh3:

No one CARES about learning better English here.
I am sorry... - I am confused here- did I wanted anyone to improve or learn English better, or I simply wanted to LISTEN to me? what is that I wanted?
it seems like everyone knows better than me what I want or wanted.

(Personal reasons are another story!)
I can see your attitude, too. Did you actually pay any attention to what I wrote so far in other posts, weren't you already biased when you replied to me?
because it certainly looks like you are attacking me for things I didn't do.

You've twisted and turned the table asking an offensive question, If I prefer a lazy ass father that signs or a father who is supportive that does not sign. I chosen to take offense, I have the power to choose how I will respond to an offensive post,
No. I didn't twist anything - you did.
I confirmed when you said "I want my father to sign to me".
I don't see how it can be misunderstood - you wished your father could see how important signing is to you - what's to miss? did I got it wrong? did I twist it?
but I also wanted to know what would you chose if you was given a choice- a good father like you have, or hypothetical bad father who signs.
what's wrong with that? it was just a question, in no way offensive or twisted or anything. you read something into it that wasn't there.

You know what I think? the reason you refused to answer is because you'd have to admit sign is not everything. Even YOU, would preffer simply a GOOD father. funnily enough, that's what any sane person would do - and also funnily enough - it does not mean that signing is unimportant. It is important.
It's just not everything.

Fuzzy...come on you wear two hearing aids and knows little of sign langauges.... and everyone does have poor grammars and some has good grammars.. What right do you have to judge deaf people... yourself does not have perfect english writings.also.... SO SHADDUP
did you happen to read this Sexyporkie and Deafsceptic:
DID YOU, guys???

Cheri already stated that she wish her father would learn sign language, and these are the questions you asked her after she stated that
yes- she stated "A", and I moved on, and asked "B" - what's the problem, and why she never answered?

Fuzzy

I understand and I do believe that literacy is VERY important. My post that you quoted meant the opposite of what I said.

hmm that sounds familiar...

Fuzzy

I am total speechless over your wonderful post... You find really good word. I hope your post will convince Fuzzy at last.

I thought about this post all during class today :)cool:) and change my answer.

From RR's post about courtesy:

Naturally AD cannot please everyone, although, in due respect, AD can provide solitude for some, a place for inspiring and important information for some, relaxation for some, a place for good quality debating on a variety of issues, a place to share feelings whether it's personal or not (<will elaborate more on this in the next paragraph), a place where new friends or aquaintances are made and developed, a place where laughter, a smile, a chuckle can be felt. The list goes on and on. The important thing is that AD is here for your enjoyment, to use, to blend in and to interact with others. It's a community consisting from all walks of life even if the majority of the members are either deaf or HoH/CI, AD does welcome those who are hearing as members of AD to participate across the board.

This should be a place to relax, get information, meet people, share experiences. Talking about other's grammar problems does not 1) teach them grammar ("You are making mistakes and can't be understood" = not helpful) and 2) make a relaxing forum. If this was a forum for English majors, then correction and discussion of errors would be expected. This is AllDeaf, and so people struggling with verbal language should be expected.

And I think giving people's name as a list of bad writers should not be allowed. No one wants negative attention to their writing and it doesn't help people to be embarassed or talked like that

My opinion, liked or not.

:bowdown:~ Yeah, perfectally your point quite excellence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back